Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British board to review Manfredo Jr stoppage.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British board to review Manfredo Jr stoppage.

the ref was fat and actually got hit by joe a couple to the dome lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

will the review really make a difference tho?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Let me guess...now they're gonna have a rematch ?
    I REALLY REALLY HOPE NOT, THE FIRST FIGHT WAS A WASTE OF TIME ALREADY THE SECOND WOULD BE A HORRIBLE THOUGHT.

YEA I THINK THE FIGHT WAS STOP EARLY BUT I DOUBT THE RESULT WOULD OF BEEN DIFFERENT IF IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN STOP. THE REF JUST TOOK AWAY A LONGER FIGHT THAT THE 35000 PEOPLE THAT ATTENDED DESERVED.
    They will probably have a rematch

Call it something like "TOO QUICK" or "CONTROVERSY"

or something like that

I saw someone call manfredo manFRODO so why not name it "Return of the King"

ManFRodo, now thats sad.

joe calzagne should be embarrass to defend his title for the 20th time against another bum. but his like god over there. whoever he fights those 35000 people is going to love it. but alteast in the states you won't fool us here like that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P

well at least calzaghe managed to hit someone with that girl flurry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a girl flurry abit like someone panicing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    yeah it was a S*** stoppage, but lets be honest it wasn't like we lost out on a competetive fight because of it. Peter Manfredo shouldn't have even been in the ring with Joe Calzaghe, he was totally outclassed and out of his depth. The ref has the right to call off a fight when its that one-sided. He could've called it off after 30 seconds for all I care, these sorts of ritual beatings shouldn't be sanctioned.
    Again, not to say I think Manfredo was gonna win, BUT stranger things have happened. It MAY have turned into an upset. Who knows, but the ref pulled the plug WAY too fast.

I remember this guy named Buster Douglas that beat the most ferocious heavy weight in recent history. Odds were crazy, no one thought it would happen. Upsets happen in boxing. RJJ got sparked by Tarver after thoroughly dominating him the round before. Stuff happens and that's why boxing is the most exciting sport around. Once the fight is made then let them fight. I didn't think it was the best fight for Joe, but what they hell, 35000 people drove there and a bunch of camera crews showed up..... Let them fight. Let one guy beat the crap out of the other, stop before someone gets seriously hurt, not before someone gets a bloody nose.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    yeah it was a S*** stoppage, but lets be honest it wasn't like we lost out on a competetive fight because of it. Peter Manfredo shouldn't have even been in the ring with Joe Calzaghe, he was totally outclassed and out of his depth. The ref has the right to call off a fight when its that one-sided. He could've called it off after 30 seconds for all I care, these sorts of ritual beatings shouldn't be sanctioned.
    Again, not to say I think Manfredo was gonna win, BUT stranger things have happened. It MAY have turned into an upset. Who knows, but the ref pulled the plug WAY too fast.

I remember this guy named Buster Douglas that beat the most ferocious heavy weight in recent history. Odds were crazy, no one thought it would happen. Upsets happen in boxing. RJJ got sparked by Tarver after thoroughly dominating him the round before. Stuff happens and that's why boxing is the most exciting sport around. Once the fight is made then let them fight. I didn't think it was the best fight for Joe, but what they hell, 35000 people drove there and a bunch of camera crews showed up..... Let them fight. Let one guy beat the crap out of the other, stop before someone gets seriously hurt, not before someone gets a bloody nose.
    Difference is Douglas fought one of the most greatest hw performances seen in ring and Tarver is good fighter like him or not still talented guy Manfredo was shit scared you see it in his eyes he wouldn't of won no way in hell he was fighting wrong fight for start he was trying to jab on outside with much bigger man i don't get that for start only way Manfredo would of won is if he totally fought different fight and turned into 2 times better fighter other than that he had no chance in hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P

well at least calzaghe managed to hit someone with that girl flurry
    ohhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The stoppage was very pre-mature. You only stop a fight when a man cant not protect himself. Manfredo was bobbing and weaving and covering up. To me I thought Manfredo was trying to let Calzaghe punch himself out. I do believe that this fight was too soon for Manfredo. Freddy Roach was busy with Oscar De La Hoya and that makes a big difference in a fighters confidence. My dad trained me and I hated it. Freddy Roach is the best trainer in the world and to have that missing from your plan of attack is damaging enough.

Another thing when is Joe Calzaghe ever going to fight a real #1 contender. To me he is avoiding Kessler and Bernard Hopkins. Both would destroy the light fisted Welshman. Him and his countryman have no backbone. Calzaghe has class but his fellow countryman are a bunch of no respecting bums. To boo the country that keep your existence alive on this earth is crazy. Boy do they have short memories.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Thread Information