Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the repercussions if Floyd v Oscar is boring???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What are the repercussions if Floyd v Oscar is boring???

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    i said it before and ill say it again....... every time oscars in a super duper mega fight theres always a shady outcome!

All except the first Mosley fight
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    I don't think their will be a downfall or slant however you wanna call it.
    I mean look at how much Tito-ODLH was hyped it was a GREAT fight from a view that ODLH gave Tito a boxing lesson and for the most part I remember people applauding and appreciateing ODLH performance. Then again I'm ONLY speaking on my surroundings meaning the 20 something people whom I saw the fight with and about another 20 whom I talked to about the fight....

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Well then more people will hate Floyd as it would obviously not be ODH's fault because he's never been boring before.

I just want Floyd to get massacred he's such an arrogant prick
    Completely agree.

Some of yall people are fucking hypocrites just like ODLH. Are you kidding me? If anybody is the epitome of not caring about delivering a great fight to the public it was ODLH against Trinidad. He boxed very cautious and very smart the first 8 rounds to his credit but then hopped on his bike the last 4 rounds (the championship rounds). In the biggest non-heavyweight fight in history, he didn't care about the fans that paid a lot of money to be in the arena that night or the fans watching on PPV, he didn't care about the impact him running to try and secure a victory would have on boxing, the only thing he cared about was getting the win and his legacy. Does anyone not remember the tons of boos Oscar was getting while he was on his bike? The last four rounds of that fight were so frustrating. In the most important rounds and the biggest stage of his entire career, he ran, plain and simple. I'm not talking about PBF potshotting either, I'm talking about running. So to hear Oscar say this and that about how Floyd better not run on May 5 is competely ridiculous. Floyd's never ran in his career like ODLH did in the Trinidad fight and that's a fact. So for you to sit here and criticize Floyd for something that he's never done and ODLH HAS done in the past is ridiculous. I'm not even worried about how the fight turns out because I know it will be in the least, a good fight. Oscar's only shot is too knock Floyd out in the first four rounds. If he doesn't get that done, Floyd's gonna tear his ass up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessrevolution
    nope no worries the one thing always good when oscar is fighting is that he always excites fans and that is one of the best qualities in oscars game and part of the reason why he remained the darling of boxing fans all over the world for all these years besides his boxing skills, charm and great quality opposition that he never backed out when challenged. Floyd may try to make it ugly though by running like chicken again but i doubt it; Oscar will pressure him until his[oscar] very last drop of gas has been used. sad to say though if he can't lure floyd to fight him toe to toe at some point on later rounds, still it might not be enough to take out floyd in chicken mode all night.
    Treu true,Oscar is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    I don't think their will be a downfall or slant however you wanna call it.
    I mean look at how much Tito-ODLH was hyped it was a GREAT fight from a view that ODLH gave Tito a boxing lesson and for the most part I remember people applauding and appreciateing ODLH performance. Then again I'm ONLY speaking on my surroundings meaning the 20 something people whom I saw the fight with and about another 20 whom I talked to about the fight....

Well then more people will hate Floyd as it would obviously not be ODH's fault because he's never been boring before.

Completely agree.

Yea but what do people remember most about the Tito fight bro?> Certainly not the admittedly masterful Oscar boxing performance BUT the running he did at the end. That was dreadful and I'm CERTAIN it must have put off ALOT of potential fans who were casual fans watching that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Then people will say Oscar was past it.
    Youre' answering the wrong question

May be true but I don't think Floyd really gives a shit about the fans and what they think....or I could be wrong. Maybe his breakdown after the Baldo fight shows he DOES care what others think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    i said it before and ill say it again....... every time oscars in a super duper mega fight theres always a shady outcome!

All except the first Mosley fight
    yeah the first SSM was my favorite for both BROUGHT IT that night i was highly impressed by both!

but look at how bad your statement even sounds: ALL except the first SSM fight haahha that sounds bad yo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This isn't true though. Oscar has been criticized before for not having enough action in a fight.
    His fight against Whitaker was viewed by many as being boring. It was an ugly, defensive fight.
    He took a lot of heat for the Trinidad fight.

I'm not saying I completely agree with the criticism, because I like technical boxing, but it's inaccurate to say that Oscar has never had a fight that was considered boring.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Topic: What are the repercussions if Floyd v Oscar is boring

Me going to bed grumpy and being in a bad mood all day Sunday

Particularly if City lose to United on the same day.

May 5th is either guna be really good or really shit!!!!!
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono

Me going to bed grumpy
    Best answer yet CC

Anyways, anyone else thinks that this is competing with the UFC? I mean, the UFC hasn't exactly been exciting lately, but it has bigger publicity then boxing stateside right now in some respects. But every UFC fan I know is getting this one. Not really answering the question, but if it turns out to be an exciting fight, it could be the most helpful thing to boxing since Tyson in the 80's.

But if it's a bore, which I doubt it will be, then I don't think it's much more then a squandered opportunity. Because, I mean it won't kill boxing. Nothing will. It might turn a few fans off, it might make a few vow never to buy ppv again, until the next superfight rolls along.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea

This isn't true though. Oscar has been criticized before for not having enough action in a fight.
    His fight against Whitaker was viewed by many as being boring. It was an ugly, defensive fight.
    He took a lot of heat for the Trinidad fight.

I'm not saying I completely agree with the criticism, because I like technical boxing, but it's inaccurate to say that Oscar has never had a fight that was considered boring.
    That's true I guess but because he's the Golden Boy,these things are quickly forgiven. Those fights are still remembered for the decision and it was also P4P number v P4P number 2 which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by amat

Me going to bed grumpy
    Best answer yet CC

Anyways, anyone else thinks that this is competing with the UFC? I mean, the UFC hasn't exactly been exciting lately, but it has bigger publicity then boxing stateside right now in some respects. But every UFC fan I know is getting this one. Not really answering the question, but if it turns out to be an exciting fight, it could be the most helpful thing to boxing since Tyson in the 80's.

But if it's a bore, which I doubt it will be, then I don't think it's much more then a squandered opportunity. Because, I mean it won't kill boxing. Nothing will. It might turn a few fans off, it might make a few vow never to buy ppv again, until the next superfight rolls along.
    Treu true,but when will there be another super fight like this? Especially with Oscar getting younger,I HIGHLY doubt that there will eb a fight to match this,to grab the casual fans attention as much as this, You could be right,it could just turn off a handful. It could also attract ALOT of new fans if its a great fight.

How many years has UFC been around? Nowhere near as long as boxing right? Yet it is already clawing ground? Thats bad. I agree though,I don't think ANYTHING will kill boxing but I mean this could really attract alot of new fans if it's good.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

Me going to bed grumpy
    Best answer yet CC

lol cc back. I think its great That there are two kick ass sports like MMA and Boxing. They shouldn't be rivals. I greatly enjoy watching both of them. If the Mayweather fight is boring, people will whinge for a week or so but theres always a quality scrap just around the corner. Sounds like i am talking about where i live now but ya get the point? The occassion itself is very exciting and even if the fight is quite dull, i still won't be able to take my eyes off it.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UFC has niched a fanbase. It's mostly just white 20 somethings in all honesty. Problem is, those are the ones most prone to shelling out money for PPV. But UFC live gates are never overly impressive so I don't think it's to much of a threat. Not to boxing anyways.

I guess this is the first superfight in a while, probably since Tyson - Lewis so you're right there won't be one like this for a long while. Here's to hoping it's good because, well you're right we can't really afford for it to be bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I look at it this way...
    If the fight doesn't live up to the hype, then boxing really isn't going to lose that many fans, because the loyal fans will still come back.

But if it lives up to or exceeds the hype, and is a thrilling high-action fight, then boxing could win over a lot of new fans.

If it's a great fight, then maybe those casual fans also will decide to order Cotto-Judah, and if that's an action fight, then maybe that casual fan becomes a hardcore boxing fan.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its an intriguing fight for me...but it could be very boring to a casual fan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a business before anything else nowadays,so it wont have any major repercussions.HBO has already made their money with advertisements,its already sold out,and PPV buy numbers are expected to break records.It wouldnt be the 1st mega fight to not live up to the hype.If you are watching just to see a KO or to see Floyd lose...you'll probably be dissappointed or bored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There really arent any
    Think of all those 1 round Tyson PPV's
    Didnt keep the next one from selling,even though there cry's across the country of,"I paid 40 bucks for this?"
    DeLa Hoya's beloved in the Mexican community come hell or high,and that sells PPV's
    My wife works for Direct,Mexican Fighters in a PPV,they have to bring in extra staff to handle it

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Some of yall people are fucking hypocrites just like ODLH. Are you kidding me? If anybody is the epitome of not caring about delivering a great fight to the public it was ODLH against Trinidad. He boxed very cautious and very smart the first 8 rounds to his credit but then hopped on his bike the last 4 rounds (the championship rounds). In the biggest non-heavyweight fight in history, he didn't care about the fans that paid a lot of money to be in the arena that night or the fans watching on PPV, he didn't care about the impact him running to try and secure a victory would have on boxing, the only thing he cared about was getting the win and his legacy. Does anyone not remember the tons of boos Oscar was getting while he was on his bike? The last four rounds of that fight were so frustrating. In the most important rounds and the biggest stage of his entire career, he ran, plain and simple. I'm not talking about PBF potshotting either, I'm talking about running. So to hear Oscar say this and that about how Floyd better not run on May 5 is competely ridiculous. Floyd's never ran in his career like ODLH did in the Trinidad fight and that's a fact. So for you to sit here and criticize Floyd for something that he's never done and ODLH HAS done in the past is ridiculous. I'm not even worried about how the fight turns out because I know it will be in the least, a good fight. Oscar's only shot is too knock Floyd out in the first four rounds. If he doesn't get that done, Floyd's gonna tear his ass up.
    It's true what took place that night against Tito he followed instructions and he paid the price right. He lost the fight right?
    Since THAT fight has he done the same? HELL NO!!
    He learned his lesson he needed to make a decision he went with it and thats that
    are you gonna ride ODLH career based on 1 fight?
    I'll this here with the FACT that Hes always brought excitement to the sport and the masses follow him. Come May5th you'll see what I mean.

Thread Information