Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does Spinks have a chance?

I don't think so and I don't see any threads about it. Haven't been here in awhile, and would just like to know some opinions. Personally, I don't see why this fight is happening. Good sparring for Taylor, at best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Spinks have a chance?

I don't think many are excited about this fight. Spinks has no power at 147,let alone 160. He won't be able to keep JT off. PLus Spinks was KTFO by Zab at 147 and Jermain is a BIG 160.

IMAGINE if Spinks won,then Floyd won his fight and moved up to fight Spinks? Weirder things have happened. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well spinks dont hit as hard as b-hop who IMO was JT's biggest challenge.

so the only chance in hell is out pointing him which i dont see happening really either.

spinks is going up in weight too here right fellas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are all in for a suprise!!! Taylor has a propensity to waste punches and fade badly down the stretch. He has abandoned his Golden jab and tries swinging for the fences now.... IF Spinks has his conditioning up to were it needs to be he will beat Taylor... He is Faster, 2x the technical boxer and Cory is one of the slickest in the business.. Taylor couldnt put a dent in Ouma he wont against Cory either, he just wont be there to get hit often.. In a fight, Taylor dosent listen to Steward and dosent follow gameplan all that well.... Cory wins a razor thin desicion

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he's moving up from 154 when he really just got there. And he's fighting a guy who could easily compete at 168. Spinks doesn't have the range to win on the outside, so he's going to have to come inside, he'll probably be lunging into the inside not landing much for the first 5 rounds without getting caught and just holding on. JT will eventually catch him coming inside and KO him.

Overly simplified a bit, but that's the jist of what I think happens. JT wins easy, maybe the scorecards are even halfway through the fight. But no real challenge for JT imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah but spinks will have another sorry asssss wack intro with some other CORPORATE COMMERCIAL Rappers again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Spinks has a chance since Spinks has the speed and movement, Although Taylor's size should get to Spinks. Although one thing bothers me about Taylor and that is his tough fights in the last two years. That could wear him out early and make him tired and then he will be beaten up badly, and that loss will make him much worse as far as confidence. Sort of like the start could be a loss due to the overactivity and tough fights. Sometimes guys should take off 6 months and just relax and then come back. After all the tough fights Taylor had with Hopkins, Wright and Ouma. if Taylor loses it is because of his rough schedule the last 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    I think Spinks has a chance since Spinks has the speed and movement, Although Taylor's size should get to Spinks. Although one thing bothers me about Taylor and that is his tough fights in the last two years. That could wear him out early and make him tired and then he will be beaten up badly, and that loss will make him much worse as far as confidence. Sort of like the start could be a loss due to the overactivity and tough fights. Sometimes guys should take off 6 months and just relax and then come back. After all the tough fights Taylor had with Hopkins, Wright and Ouma. if Taylor loses it is because of his rough schedule the last 2 years.
    His schedule will have nothing to do with him losing. Those fights are in the past. He is training for his fight and you can't say that any of those fight were "wars"... Tough, yes. Wars, no. He won't lose anyway... He will KO Spinks by the 10th.

By the way... Having a tough schedule is a champs job (:::ehem::: Calzaghe)
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough fights is a champs job yes, but I think it does take a toll on guys. Hagler had 2 fights which he was nailed with Hearns and Mugabi. Hearns nailed him cleaner than Mugabi, and Mugabi gave him a tough going for 10 rounds.. Both fights were tough for Marvin and he sort of lost alot in those fights, then Ray Leonard sort of outboxed a guy who was sort of slower and not as sharp. Taylor is younger than Marvin but those fights with Bernard and Wright looked grueling. I know it is a champs job, but sometimes a rest of 6 months does a guy good.. Hearns took off one year after Hagler, although he did not do it purposely, he had the Shuler fight scheduled and Marvin had his nose broke in sparring. But still, it seems to rejuvenate guys after tough fights, especially after a knockout loss. Remember a fighter in the mid 90s named Frankie Warren? I think that was his name. He fought Sammy Fuentes I think and Buddy McGirt and a few others. He was a whirlwind kind of fighter. All action and on TV every time he fought. Well McGirt lost the first time and then after Frankie did this kind of fight everytime he just wore out and McGirt won the rematch. What this all means, who knows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Spinks ain't got a chance of winning. His chances of hearing the final bell are also naerly nil. His boxing ability is the only thing that may see him to the end. But with his stamina I doubt it.

At least Taylor may be able to get a KO here...

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could Zab Judah beat Taylor? If Zab stopped Spinks then i give Taylor 4 rounds to dispense with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is styles make fights. Zab Judah vs. Taylor would be an easy win for Taylor. But Taylor would just throw his right right down on the southpaw Judah and knock him out early. Different fight totally. The Spinks movement and boxing makes it different .. Zab and Taylor isn't even a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor will win becuz he is always the bigger man & busiest in the ring!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No i cant see it happing in any way..

Thread Information