Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: margrito v williams who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who wins Margarito or Williams?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who wins Margarito or Williams?

One thing no one ever does when looking at a matchup between a orthodox and an unorthodox fighter is look at how the righthanded fighter handles southpaws. This is one of the most overlooked factors in prefight analyizing today. Margarito hasn't had the best history with southpaws. Daniel Santos(twice) & Rodney Jones are the top southpaws on Margarito's resume. He lost to both of them. Did Margarito learn from it, probably. Enough?-we'll find out after the bell rings starting the first round.
    Williams looks like the real thing, but I haven't been impressed with his level of competition. Sure I know he knocked out Sharmba Mitchell, but after everybody had. Margarito will press Williams and test him. And though Williams unorthodox stance will make this fight competitive, it is my opinion Margarito will stop him in the later rounds.

But I think it all comes down to how Margarito does against a southpaw.

http://www.freewebs.com/neutral-corner/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ghoster
    One thing no one ever does when looking at a matchup between a orthodox and an unorthodox fighter is look at how the righthanded fighter handles southpaws. This is one of the most overlooked factors in prefight analyizing today. Margarito hasn't had the best history with southpaws. Daniel Santos(twice) & Rodney Jones are the top southpaws on Margarito's resume. He lost to both of them. Did Margarito learn from it, probably. Enough?-we'll find out after the bell rings starting the first round.
    Williams looks like the real thing, but I haven't been impressed with his level of competition. Sure I know he knocked out Sharmba Mitchell, but after everybody had. Margarito will press Williams and test him. And though Williams unorthodox stance will make this fight competitive, it is my opinion Margarito will stop him in the later rounds.

But I think it all comes down to how Margarito does against a southpaw.

I guess that's a fair argument, how does Tony deal with a 82'' reach rangy lefty and who can combine the jab with a sharp left counter. I disagree that the blueprint can be the Santos fight cause we know the Puerto-Rican was not hitting Tony with a jab but with unorthodox flashy punches from that stance and clinching/blocking Tony coming in, actually he won the fight number one cause there was the typical clash of heads that took to the 10th round technical decision, number two cause the split decision was biased towards Santos, then there so much more to be tested tonight besides Tony ability to move his head to rightfield and avoid the long jab, there's Paul's condition to take meaty body blows since he can't clinch or block like Santos, there's Tony ability to break through and respond to a well schooled sharp shooter with his own technicalities ( untested so far), but I liked the post, cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    .....haters never go away just look at the Wlad Klitschko threads....they'll find something they didn't like about the way Toni fought or something sheisty that happened during the fight.....I hate to sound cynical but JT knows hating....ask him about it, he's a Floyd fan I am sure he'll fill a post about why Margarito doesn't deserve to fight him and make it sound like Floyd isn't DUCKING Toni....but hell who are we kidding Floyd wouldn't fight Williams if he won either
    Coming from a hypocrite like you I find this funny, not to mention you are a real pus when you are pressed to present facts and substantial info to back up your OPINIONS... I have called you out many times and asked clear and concise simple questions to back up your claims... and guess what? you never answer EVER!!!!!

So dont call me out Lyle and mention my name, when you talk shite about fighters incessantly and quite emptily when told to step up...

You wanna kid with me and mention me jokingly and take playful stabs at me, thats cool with me and always has been.. But dont question my intent and claims on fighters... When you are the biggest culprit..

Not convinced Lyle, then go back and look at you bone headed posts,that say things like Floyd always runs in all his fights....

When the only fight he took his foot off the gas was against Baldomir, because the fight was already in the bag and he had over 10 million reasons not to risk the biggest fight of his career and something he worked hard to get

Again name me another fight were he "RAN".... 38 gotdam fights in which he dominated and was Virtuoso in 98% of them and you bitch about 1 fukin fight

Mean while you are so obsessed with the Biggest champion of Mediocrity to date who flails around like a floppy cock and holds anyone who gets closer than an arms length when the oposing fighters so much as makes a mean face at him

You get so sensitive when someone dosent join you under Wlads nutz for a kiss like it was mistletoe, God forbid someone criticises your big Ukranian Girlfriend.... Grow up, you Hypocritical Jackass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going with Margarito.I don't know if it will be a stoppage or a Decision but Margarito all the way.

Thread Information