Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Morrison to face Dale Ortiz April 27(Cleared To Fight)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tommy Morrison to face Dale Ortiz April 27(Cleared To Fight)

Former world heavyweight champion Tommy 'The Duke' Morrison will box on a Top Rank fight card at the Grand Plaza Hotel in Houston, Texas on Friday, April 27. Morrison, 38, will take on 'Dynamite' Dale Ortiz, 28, in a four-round bout. This will be Morrison's second bout on his heralded comeback. On Jan. 22, he returned to the ring, fired a hard left hook and stopped John Castle in the second round in Chester, West Virginia. "That was my first fight - and win - in 11 years," Morrison said. "I am determined to keep it going." I hope he wins.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tommy Morrison to face Dale Ortiz April 27

Quote Originally Posted by TheDukeof74
    Former world heavyweight champion Tommy 'The Duke' Morrison will box on a Top Rank fight card at the Grand Plaza Hotel in Houston, Texas on Friday, April 27. Morrison, 38, will take on 'Dynamite' Dale Ortiz, 28, in a four-round bout. This will be Morrison's second bout on his heralded comeback. On Jan. 22, he returned to the ring, fired a hard left hook and stopped John Castle in the second round in Chester, West Virginia. "That was my first fight - and win - in 11 years," Morrison said. "I am determined to keep it going." I hope he wins.
    interesting. has he improved his conditioning hopefully?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    He better had
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    He better had
    well he also claimed he froze due to not being in front of a crowd for over 10years. which makes sense too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

his plan was to spar more in front of crowds to deal with that one

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morrison was my favorite heavyweight back in the day, I really thought he was gonna k.o. all the heavies at that time...then Ray Mercer happened. I hope he does well, he had one of the best left hooks I've ever seen. You can see the wear and tear on his face now from the drug use , hopefully hes not messing with that or booze anymore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Morrison was my favorite heavyweight back in the day, I really thought he was gonna k.o. all the heavies at that time...then Ray Mercer happened. I hope he does well, he had one of the best left hooks I've ever seen. You can see the wear and tear on his face now from the drug use , hopefully hes not messing with that or booze anymore.
    Well If the damn ref would have done his damn job and gave Morrison a standing 8 count, An not let Mercer tee off on Tommy's head for thirteen unanswered shots. What ever happened to that ref anyways? The Bentt fight was a fluke, But a loss is a loss. I heard Morrison came in about 6:30 am in the morning stumbling drunk with two chicks the day of the fight. And for Lewis he was just out classed by one of the greatest heavies ever to lace em up.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he was gonna lose to Foreman because Foreman was knocking everyone out left and right on his comeback. Then as the fight went on, I started to actually feel bad for George he got his ass kicked hard that night.Wasnt that where George tried to put on sunglasses real quick because his eyes were almost closed up?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duke, God bless ya, I like how you refer to Morrison as "Former World Heavyweight champion", a little wishful thinking there huh? He was WBO champ, but never THE champ. I liked Morrison, he had power, and good combinations. I wish him the best in his comeback, I really hope he makes it back to the top, and goes far.

And No Contest, Foreman did not get his ass kicked hard, Morrison fought very cautiously, practically turning his back and running from George in some parts of the fight. He played it safe, hit George with some good shots, and won the decision.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Duke, God bless ya, I like how you refer to Morrison as "Former World Heavyweight champion", a little wishful thinking there huh? He was WBO champ, but never THE champ. I liked Morrison, he had power, and good combinations. I wish him the best in his comeback, I really hope he makes it back to the top, and goes far.

And No Contest, Foreman did not get his a** kicked hard, Morrison fought very cautiously, practically turning his back and running from George in some parts of the fight. He played it safe, hit George with some good shots, and won the decision.
    Hulk do what ya do best and use that mouth for sperm cleansing. And he was a former champ, the same belt Klitschko had.... It just wasn't that great my friend. Oh by the way, copied an pasted that article.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He made his face swell up tho right? Or am I thinking of the Hoyfield fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is top rank? who else is on the card?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duke, I was a big Morrison fan back in the nineties too, and I always told friends that Morrison was taking steriods back then and no one believed me, then when he retired in 96 he admitted to using steriods for 7 years. I seen a picture of him about a year ago in a sports magazine and he said that he was training and that his weight was good etc. But he looked horrible soft body, even his neck looked scrawny and my brother said "Morrison looks bad, he should stay retired". I seen pictures of his last fight, and he was big and ripped, he had the big steriod veins bulging out of his pecs, big thick neck, so he's definitley doing steriods again, what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    He made his face swell up tho right? Or am I thinking of the Hoyfield fight?
    No your thinking of Alex Stewart, Foreman was beating the hell of Stewart when Stewart mounted a gallant comeback and swolled up big George's face like a basketball.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by atomic bull
    Duke, I was a big Morrison fan back in the nineties too, and I always told friends that Morrison was taking steriods back then and no one believed me, then when he retired in 96 he admitted to using steriods for 7 years. I seen a picture of him about a year ago in a sports magazine and he said that he was training and that his weight was good etc. But he looked horrible soft body, even his neck looked scrawny and my brother said "Morrison looks bad, he should stay retired". I seen pictures of his last fight, and he was big and ripped, he had the big steriod veins bulging out of his pecs, big thick neck, so he's definitley doing steriods again, what do you think?
    Nope, He is doing alot of neck training. I don't think he would risk it this time around.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information