Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Howard Eastman v Evans Ashira RBR - Commonwealth Middleweight Title

Tonight's fight on Sky Sports is the continued return of Howard Eastman looking to add the Commonwealth Middleweight belt to his British title which he won in December. Facing him is an equally well travelled Evans Ashira, most recognised for his points defeat to Joe Calzaghe.

Howard Eastman: (41-4, 35KOs) In his last outing Eastman ended a three fight losing streak with a final round KO over Richard Williams for the British Middleweight title, and he had had the best of the fight, but was looking tired in the later rounds, showing his 36 years. Eastman's forays at world level have brought him the four defeats, each one against quality opposition in William Joppy, Edison Miranda, Arthur Abraham and Bernard Hopkins, and only the lead-fisted Miranda was able to get a stoppage from Eastman. His comments pre-fight have said that he is hoping to get another shot at a world title, but a shot at his former European title might be a more attainable ambition for Eastman, if his awkward style can get him past Evans Ashira.

Evans Ashira: (26-2, 13KOs) Since his challenge for Calzaghe's Super-Middleweight title, Ashira has returned to his natural Middleweight division, with two points victories, and at 37 years old is also looking at the final years of his career, as is Eastman. His other defeat came in a swift second round stoppage for the WBA middleweight title against Maselino Masoe, and like Eastman has stumbled when given opportunities at a world level. The journeyman Kenyan is fighting out of Aarhus in Denmark these days, and also has an awkward style, ducking very low, and should make for a reasonable opponent to Eastman, and might make Eastman try and come forwards for him.

The show begins at 10pm UK time, that's 5pm EST in the states, the rest of you will just have to do the maths from there.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Howard Eastman v Evans Ashira RBR - Commonwealth Middleweight Title

CC#407 superheavy..... You the man.

Lets go EASTMAN!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh! yeah!

I'M MAKING THIS MUTHA' A STICKY!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Click

I'll meet you here at 5

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool stuff, I almost made a thread last night on the solid boxing we have today and was banking on a RBR of this one. Thanks CC as always.

Ashira is a short stocky guy, probably best served at 154 lbs. If he had a higher workrate, he could be really good. But for whatever reason, he just doesn't fire off as much as he should.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done Superheavy, and good call Mick

Between you and Wacko there arent many worthwhile fights that dont get the RBR treatment
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

ICB Guest

Super for good work but i have feeling this will be snoozer.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC mate

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Eastman's style doesn't always make for an exciting fight, and Ashira's is also pretty awkward....so who knows, maybe two wrongs will make a right for this fight.

Thanks for the love folks....but we all know boxing is on a bit of a lull at the moment with everyone anticipating the Mayweather v De La Hoya fight, so things are just ticking over as we await that one. If you're in Wales and fancy joining me for a flat party...the beer is likely to start flowing at midnight or so UK time, and sleeping space will be at a premium... Anyhow, I'm sorta looking forward to this fight, even if it is in Dudley. For anyone that doesn't know, the Dudley accent is the most boring ever, so it isn't a fantastic omen for excitement, but let's hope its the best thing to come out of Dudley since Lenny Henry.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done superheavy

although this is gonna be boring as fuck

Plod, plod, plod... plod, plod, plod... plod, plod, plod... plod, plod, plod...Eastman UD.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Eastman's style doesn't always make for an exciting fight, and Ashira's is also pretty awkward....so who knows, maybe two wrongs will make a right for this fight.

Thanks for the love folks....but we all know boxing is on a bit of a lull at the moment with everyone anticipating the Mayweather v De La Hoya fight, so things are just ticking over as we await that one. If you're in Wales and fancy joining me for a flat party...the beer is likely to start flowing at midnight or so UK time, and sleeping space will be at a premium...
    Agreed.

Anyhow, I'm sorta looking forward to this fight, even if it is in Dudley. For anyone that doesn't know, the Dudley accent is the most boring ever, so it isn't a fantastic omen for excitement, but let's hope its the best thing to come out of Dudley since Lenny Henry.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

Anyhow, I'm sorta looking forward to this fight, even if it is in Dudley. For anyone that doesn't know, the Dudley accent is the most boring ever, so it isn't a fantastic omen for excitement, but let's hope its the best thing to come out of Dudley since Lenny Henry.

Entirely my fault and I apologise to all my non-british brothers tuning in. Dudley is a place near Birmingham, made famous by the stand-up routines of comedian Lenny Henry, and an accent which some people may refer to as 'montonous'. This is of course not my opinion, nor is it the opinion of www.saddoboxing.com. By reading this you are agreeing not to sue me for expressing someone else's opinion on the Dudley accent, which may well not be an opinion at all.

Please disregard that part of my previous comment, and this response to your response on that part of the comment.
    Ah, blinkin heck, I'll stick to boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Well done superheavy

Plod, plod, plod... plod, plod, plod... plod, plod, plod... plod, plod, plod...Eastman UD.
    I tell you though man, Ashira is gonna try and make it wild I reckon, and Eastman never backs down (he paid the price V Miranda) and thats why I smell an upset tonight, Ashira is under rated, Eastman might have too much Skill and smarts to get beat by Ashira but I smell an upset.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

Entirely my fault and I apologise to all my non-british brothers tuning in. Dudley is a place near Birmingham, made famous by the stand-up routines of comedian Lenny Henry, and an accent which some people may refer to as 'montonous'. This is of course not my opinion, nor is it the opinion of www.saddoboxing.com. By reading this you are agreeing not to sue me for expressing someone else's opinion on the Dudley accent, which may well not be an opinion at all.

Please disregard that part of my previous comment, and this response to your response on that part of the comment.
    Ah, blinkin heck, I'll stick to boxing.

Top stuff have a CC in 24.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster
    Well done superheavy

I tell you though man, Ashira is gonna try and make it wild I reckon, and Eastman never backs down (he paid the price V Miranda) and thats why I smell an upset tonight, Ashira is under rated, Eastman might have too much Skill and smarts to get beat by Ashira but I smell an upset.
    The upset wouldn't surprise me. Eastman is all but finished even though he seems his same old self.

But Ashira aint no young hungry fighter like Miranda. And even at this stage, Miranda is just about the only guy out there that could of done that to Eastman.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information