Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd Mayweather .... i mean why ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd Mayweather .... i mean why ?

As he dazzles us with his sublime skills , wonderful reflexes , fighting top name opponent's,
    WHY does he have to talk total trash all the time ?
    He could maybe 1 day be talked about in the same way as SRL or SRR but i doubt even his biggest fans like the way he acts outside the ring.
    I think the majority of people will want Oscar to win , i mean I'm not Oscar's biggest fan by any means but hes a good role model for the sport and i want him to knock Floyd out mainly because i wanna see wot he has to say after .
    So guys tell me your views?
    and give me your prediction, mine is

Oscar KO 9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather .... i mean why ?

well noone liked ali when he talked shit but time and time again ali proved himself ............. and i bet 5 ppl money and they dont even follow boxig they jus pick oscar cuz he nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's selling himself.
    He consciously knows the sport needs characters.
    And he's trying his damned hardest to create a persona. Create buzz for himself and for the sport.
    And he's doing it.
    It's much more exciting to see a fight of good guy vs bad guy rather than one good guy vs another pretty good guy.
    So he chose to be the bad guy and embellishes it as much as he can at every opportune time.
    It's certainly causes a LOT of buzz. Making Oscar's fans wish they knock his ass out even more.
    And even boxing fans who were for neither of the fighters, a lot of them are tuning in wanting to see Oscar win just because Floyd's talking so much.
    He's become a great salesman.

Remember early on in Floyd's career when he was winning fight after fight but he wasn't getting a lot of recognition outside of the sport because he just wasn't a dnamic enough personality?
    Well, he's arrived as a personality now.
    So people will tune in because they love him, or they'll tune in to see him get his ass beat.
    The fact is, people will tune in.
    And that's the goal.

Oh, and Floyd TKO in the 9th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone was looking at floyd to be like SRL, then he was charged with assault,and a few domestic violences, which labeled him as a punk. He still tried to maintain, and be a nice guy, but it created no sales, and seemed fake. So now, he has embraced his punk image, and it's working so far. Millions of people will be watching, not just Oscar, but Floyd. Regardless if they just want to see him lose.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by althetruthhindley
    As he dazzles us with his sublime skills , wonderful reflexes , fighting top name opponent's,
    He could maybe 1 day be talked about in the same way as SRL or SRR but i doubt even his biggest fans like the way he acts outside the ring.
    I think the majority of people will want Oscar to win , i mean I'm not Oscar's biggest fan by any means but hes a good role model for the sport and i want him to knock Floyd out mainly because i wanna see wot he has to say after .

Oscar KO 9
    Its what Floyd does in the ring that matters. His trash talking is irrelevant to me. A fight needs to be sold and he is playing the bad guy and so be it.

Floyd by decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

Oscar KO 9
    Its what Floyd does in the ring that matters. His trash talking is irrelevant to me. A fight needs to be sold and he is playing the bad guy and so be it.

Floyd by decision
    100% agree.LOL at people calling him a punk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by meowza
    He's selling himself.
    He consciously knows the sport needs characters.
    And he's trying his damned hardest to create a persona. Create buzz for himself and for the sport.
    And he's doing it.
    It's much more exciting to see a fight of good guy vs bad guy rather than one good guy vs another pretty good guy.
    So he chose to be the bad guy and embellishes it as much as he can at every opportune time.
    It's certainly causes a LOT of buzz. Making Oscar's fans wish they knock his ass out even more.
    And even boxing fans who were for neither of the fighters, a lot of them are tuning in wanting to see Oscar win just because Floyd's talking so much.
    He's become a great salesman.

Remember early on in Floyd's career when he was winning fight after fight but he wasn't getting a lot of recognition outside of the sport because he just wasn't a dnamic enough personality?
    Well, he's arrived as a personality now.
    So people will tune in because they love him, or they'll tune in to see him get his ass beat.
    The fact is, people will tune in.
    And that's the goal.

Oh, and Floyd TKO in the 9th
    You're giving Floyd way too much credit. I think it's much more likely that he's just a delusional jackass that has bought in all the hype created for him and has gotten completely out of control.

BTW, you can still get 40-1 in Vegas on an ODLH win by 2nd round ko. Now that's good money!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    well noone liked ali when he talked shit but time and time again ali proved himself ............. and i bet 5 ppl money and they dont even follow boxig they jus pick oscar cuz he nice
    ali had charisma and charm and when he used his gift of the gab he was funny and in most cases he only did it in jest. i think floyd's mouth just makes him look spoiled, arrogant and disrespectful.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either way DLH by UD or TKO 8, and i do follow boxing and do know what im talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a pompus little ass who is skilled as they come but also came along in the right era.....If this was 1985 Floyd Mayweather would be just another fighter...I don't care what anyone says.....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    He is a pompus little a** who is skilled as they come but also came along in the right era.....If this was 1985 Floyd Mayweather would be just another fighter...I don't care what anyone says.....
    Would you mind listing the fighters between 130 and 147 pounds who would have been better than Floyd in 1985?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    Quote Originally Posted by the phenom
    well noone liked ali when he talked S*** but time and time again ali proved himself ............. and i bet 5 ppl money and they dont even follow boxig they jus pick oscar cuz he nice
    ali had charisma and charm and when he used his gift of the gab he was funny and in most cases he only did it in jest. i think floyd's mouth just makes him look spoiled, arrogant and disrespectful.

thas not wat ppl thoguht back then

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    He is a pompus little a** who is skilled as they come but also came along in the right era.....If this was 1985 Floyd Mayweather would be just another fighter...I don't care what anyone says.....
    Would you mind listing the fighters between 130 and 147 pounds who would have been better than Floyd in 1985?
    SRL
    Hearns
    Duran

That's the big 3. Not saying I agree but you have to give them all a fair shake against Floyd.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    SRL
    Hearns
    Duran

That's the big 3. Not saying I agree but you have to give them all a fair shake against Floyd.
    None of them were Welterweights in 1985 and if he would of fought Duran at Welterweight he would of won others he would of lost to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

Oscar KO 9

Floyd by decision
    Couldn't have said it myself better.Some people need to start watching and betting on fights by skills and not with the heart,cause this ain't WWE or something,I agree that Floyd is immature and all that,but he's also a brilliant boxer and can back up all the shat he talks in the ring.

Thread Information