Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Unlucky in health...

Alright, since were comparing injuries:
    jumping up and down on my bed when I was about 2 yrs old, leaped off bed and got the bed post in the nuts, had to have some kind of surgery for that (fortunately I don't remember this incident and I have fathered two children so I guess it didn't do much damage)
    Went through the windshield of a car when I was 3 yrs. old. Was standing on the front seat when a guy ran a stop sign at a four way intersection (1953, no seatbelts in cars then).
    Went over the handlebars of my Triumph motorcycle (1964 TR6, 650) when I was 18. Bike fell on me, but I was ok.
    Broken big toe playing soccer (Yep, in the late 60's in the US, we did play soccer)
    Broken hand while breaking boards in karate demo.
    Broken ankle stepping off stone wall (I was sober).
    Kidney stone attack when I was 40 (That hurt worse than any broken bone).
    Slipped out in back of the police station about a month before I was due to retire and blew out my quadricep.
    Got sprayed with numerous gallons of gasoline while I was attempting to gas up the police car at the end of the shift. The hose burst right in my face. Had to go to the ER and be decontaminated and have my eyes irrigated (should have sued the f***ing town).
    Am now 56 yrs old and still going strong despite all of the above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a light scar on my left cheek (face) where a dog bit me as a small child. I was playing hide and seek with my cousin and hid inside a dogbox with a not so friendly dog.

I also have a scar in my right eyebrow where I clobbered myself in the gourd with a u-bolt that I had tied a rope to and was swinging around in circles over my head. Boy, was I stupid...

I've never broken anything but my nose and that was fro m a punch to the face. Accident wise, nothing whatsoever.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so lifetime injuries now.

I have a fairly noticeable scar on my forehead just below my hairline about half an inch tall and light colored from running into a corner when I was 3.

Also have one high on my cheek bone but less noticeable. Came from running into a corner again and it was only a week later. Doctors thought my parents were the worst in the world Then on top of my head I had a giant cut that goes almost halfway across the top of my head that I got in 3rd grade and while I did not get stitches, you can notice the mark when my hair is really short.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me bore you then:

Snapped my Collar Bone clean in half.

Dislocated my Shoulder

Broken my toe various times

I have a small piece of glass stuck in my heal

I shattered two of my molars when I landed Jaw first on my mates head (long story), one of them is held together by pins and one of them has had the nerved completely drilled out.

I used to have a brace (hahaha... actually I never really got any stick for it...), The Orthodontist was rough as fuck... he'd pull it so tight I couldn't eat for a week and leave bits of wire sticking out... which cut the sides of my mouth up... I got scars/callouses all over the inside of my cheek... I also ended developing a HUGE lump of hard skin on my tongue from one of the fixings rubbing on it... had to get it cut off... many people here have had a needle stuck in their tongue and stitches in it (which burst one the way home... your tongue has a lot of blood in it you know? )? The stitches dissolved after a week by themselves... which was cool... but painful when they started to come loose...

Various injuries from boxing (never had my nose properly broken... it's just very... squashy now, it's flatter too) and training... pulls... tears etc...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and a few things from building sites...

Only mark I have to show for it is a scar on my forearm... I was carrying these granite sets under my arm... 4-5 of them... I nipped my arm and kept going... didn't think a lot of it...

Until everything one as looking at me in shock!

I'd nipped it so hard/finely that it had cut... blood was pouring down my arm and dripping all over the floor... lovely!

I banged my finger on a class table when I was out too... burst all of the fluid out of the membrane in my index finger's joint... didn't feel a thing until it got so swolen I couldn't bend it...

Even then it did't hurt... just felt like it was gonna burst!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Tommorow I meet the blade!!

Again!
    welsey snipes? oh no
    Hahaha

Actually, It went absolutely fine. It was a much smaller cyst than last time out. Surgery took 25 minutes and only 3 tiny little stitches.

Should only be minimal scarring this time!!

Hopefully next year I wont have any forehead issues!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miiles it is good to hear everything went alright man.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information