Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jump Ropes

Recommend a particular brand? Have heard about Lifeline. Curious to know if people have a favorite brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jump Ropes

I perviously had a plastic/rubbery adidas one, then I bought a nice leather one, but I have since gone back to using the plasticy one as it spins a lot faster (less resistance). It doesn't really matter what rope you use, just as long as it's a good length for you, and it's reasonable quality. Also look after it by hanging it up always as rolling it up or folding or crappy storage of it will lead to bends and kinks which really slows the rope down.
    ANY rope does the job really, but it comes down to preference of what the rope is made of. Go do a sport store and compare leather vs plastic and see which you prefer. Don't worry about brand, although i'm sure people can recommend the brand that they've bought that has done them well over the years.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really, it's all preference. leather vs plastic, weighted v non-weighted handles, it doesn't matter. As long as you find something that works for you, you're fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i got a BBE one mate and im currently training to do a 2 hour sponsored skip. it hasent let me down yet mate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you for the replies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No probs mate!
    Just make sure you try to test 1 or 2 because they DO feel different, and in the end I tossed aside my $25 fancy leather one for my old $5 plastic which I like using more. And if your boxing training, you should use your rope a LOT, so good that you've asked around and dedicating a bit of time to getting the right one for you..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got a thing called a cobra rope from Ringside. The rope part is made of some kind of vinyl or plastic and is thicker in the center so it has more weight. It has real fast ball bearing swivels so it's pretty easy to use. I don't remember how much it cost, but it was less than the leather ropes.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a cheap store brand plastic speed rope. I bought it for less than $3.00 and it does everything I need.
    My philosophy on equipment like this is to keep it as simple as possible. I don't personally want to spend my time lubing the ball-bearings on a jump rope.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

got a $3 plastic rope, i swear by them, as the saying goes high rep low tech (i think)
    the leather ropes are garbage they dont spin very fast.

check this dude out (awsome).....ive been practicing and im almost as fast i just cant do double crosses

[youtube=425,350]lVkYjp4mqnc[/youtube]
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does using a jump rope on concrete mess up your knees because i think i heard that somewhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba
    Does using a jump rope on concrete mess up your knees because i think i heard that somewhere?
    i can but if you good good cross trainers its ok
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Thread Information