Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HBO Celebrity Picks for Oscar vs Floyd. Pretty cool.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default HBO Celebrity Picks for Oscar vs Floyd. Pretty cool.

Celebrity picks.

Great shots.

Floyd get's up in Oscar's face telling him that he's never been down & Oscar tells him that May 5th, 2007 will be the first time for that & Oscar then says don't run & Floyd get's up in his face & says "You ran against Trinidad!"

Classic shit.

http://www.hbo.com/scripts/video/vid...1177607513524+
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: HBO Celebrity Picks for Oscar vs Floyd. Pretty cool.

What celebrities picked who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Click it & listen.

It was a bit 50/50.

Most of the Entourage bwoys picked Oscar & then most of the Wire bwoys said that Floyd would do it in the fight of his life.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most of the Entourage cast went ODLH.
    Most of the Wire cast went PBF. (Arroyo went 50/50 cause hes half black half hispanic LMAO! at his comment thats how I felt when ODLH fought JCC )

Diddy said he couldn't pick a winner it was too hard for him to choose and that ODLH will be his toughest test. He said it's a fight hes just gonna go watch and enjoy.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Click it & listen.

It was a bit 50/50.

Most of the Entourage bwoys picked Oscar & then most of the Wire bwoys said that Floyd would do it in the fight of his life.

Slow internet, can't

Thanks for that Mick CC.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for the link Wacko.

I'll give Oscar credit for always bringing it in the ring but if smacktalk could win a fight the ref would have stepped in and waved this off ages ago.

Oscar to my mind joins Chris Byrd as the least intimidating top level fighter of modern times. He just can't talk hard to save his life, whereas Floyd is a pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OSCAR KO 9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    for the link Wacko.

I'll give Oscar credit for always bringing it in the ring but if smacktalk could win a fight the ref would have stepped in and waved this off ages ago.

Oscar to my mind joins Chris Byrd as the least intimidating top level fighter of modern times. He just can't talk hard to save his life, whereas Floyd is a pro.
    Oscar does his talking in the ring, where it matters.

SigmaMu Guest

[stream=380,320]http://wms.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/hbo/sports/boxing/24_7_celebrity_pics_wm_56.wmv[/stream]

CC for the post Wacky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect you BeerJelly but respectfully I am not sure Oscar has done his fighting in the ring. He has done good fighting and is a legend since he has fought everyone, but he has not beaten everyone and the Tito fight was his to win and he let it go. He can come on top and eliminate all that if he beats Floyd Floyd has done a good job of getting to Oscar mentally since Oscar is mad. If he can make Oscar fight out of his gameplan a little then that would be a success. Although like I said in other postings, I think Oscar's gameplan should be to blitz Floyd and take a gamble. First round come out and go wild. Effective aggression full out action. Yes Floyd might counter Oscar and stun him and stop him, but that is the gamble. The size makes this gamble worthwhile. If he is going to lose anyway if he decides to box and then lets Floyd figure him out and come on in rounds 3-12, why not do a blitz and counter the speed advantage for Floyd anyway and do damage when Floyd always seems to take it easy figuring the guy out in the first round. Hagler did it with Hearns. Although Hagler knew that if he didn't blitz Hearns he would get in Hearns rhythm and be hit with the straight right hand. I do not think anyone agrees with me on the blitz theory.. I mean Oscar moving forward and roughing up Floyd, shoulders arms leaning punches even a low blow in the round. Maybe I have seen too much of Hagler/Hearns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    I respect you BeerJelly but respectfully I am not sure Oscar has done his fighting in the ring. He has done good fighting and is a legend since he has fought everyone, but he has not beaten everyone and the Tito fight was his to win and he let it go. He can come on top and eliminate all that if he beats Floyd Floyd has done a good job of getting to Oscar mentally since Oscar is mad. If he can make Oscar fight out of his gameplan a little then that would be a success. Although like I said in other postings, I think Oscar's gameplan should be to blitz Floyd and take a gamble. First round come out and go wild. Effective aggression full out action. Yes Floyd might counter Oscar and stun him and stop him, but that is the gamble. The size makes this gamble worthwhile. If he is going to lose anyway if he decides to box and then lets Floyd figure him out and come on in rounds 3-12, why not do a blitz and counter the speed advantage for Floyd anyway and do damage when Floyd always seems to take it easy figuring the guy out in the first round. Hagler did it with Hearns. Although Hagler knew that if he didn't blitz Hearns he would get in Hearns rhythm and be hit with the straight right hand. I do not think anyone agrees with me on the blitz theory.. I mean Oscar moving forward and roughing up Floyd, shoulders arms leaning punches even a low blow in the round. Maybe I have seen too much of Hagler/Hearns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo

The the 1st couple of rounds I almost agree with you I think Oscar should try and absolutley steamroll Floyd, eat what ever Floyd throws just to land his own, put some hurt on him take away his heart and maybe he hurts his hands trying to earn Oscars respect. BUT I don't think Oscar has to chase Floyd after the first couple of rounds, that will spell disaster and Floyd will do what he does best.

I think Oscar's only shot at this is to pump the jab all night long and when Floyd throws those straight right hands and slips under and away ala Roy Jones Jr, Oscar needs to make him pay. He should just use his left hook for the body early on because Floyd will be thinking about his chin. The overhand right could work ok too, Floyd gets lazy in the middle rounds sometimes and I think even Baldomir could have got a knockdown if he was just a little quicker and extended some more. Baldo only has a 67" reach Oscar has a 73" reach and is 3.5 inches taller, I think Oscars overhand right will get the first knock down.

I see Floyd as having a harder choice as to what type of fight to fight than Oscar!! If he fights like he did against Baldomir (most will think i'm nuts for saying this) he is making mistakes all night and his chin is out there for the taking, when you get caught fighting like that its lights out. If he grounds his feet and fights defensive like he did against Judah he is in for a war of attrition and is going to hurt.

I hope Floyd lives up to everyones expectations and gives us a fight but I think he is smarter than he is proud and will try and win this with his legs not his fists.

Thread Information