Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Boxers have you had the pleasure meeting???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Boxers have you had the pleasure meeting???

I met Tito at a work function once. Just as he looks on TV, smiling and waving at the crowd, he was very friendly and charismatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy
    People say Boxers are always bigger when you meet them in person but i'd say i'm always struck at how small they are !
    This is how I felt when I went to the DC press conference for Mayweather-DLH and saw Floyd in person. He was the smallest guy on the stage. BHop was there and he was about 3 times the size of Floyd.

Sharmba Mitchell was in the crowd and he was small too, one of the smallest people in the whole crowd. I can only imagine how small the minimumweight fighters must be... guys like El Finito or Michael Carbajal.
    People always say that though don't they ? Its wierd

Boxers for the most part like meeting the fans they like to feel loved they always hang around the back of the arena signing autographs and shit like that having photos taken !!!

My Mate had his photo taken with Hatton , Hamed and Tyson at Gatwick ( she workedon checkin ) and she always comments on how small they are !!

thing is i'm the boxing fan and she has all the wicked Anecdotes !!!

She said that Tyson was the most polite person she ever met and looked quite sad and that she felt that he actually wanted to talk longer .
    Her and my lil Brothers mate both got a photo with Hatton 10 minutes apart at Gatwick .
    Naseem Hamed left a voicemail for her Brother just after he lost to MAB and was going out to the Middle East !!!

What can you say class act !?

Would a Movie Star or a top Footballer do that ? They hide behind 10 foot walls and have gangs of minders so they don't have to keep it real with the little people .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Terrible" Terry Norris
    Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
    Rodney Toney
    Eddie Sanchez
    Vernon Lee (trainer)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

david estrada
    sultan ibragimov
    timor ibragimov
    a flyweight champ... postranan or sumtin like that
    briggs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

orsumeee
    what was mayweather like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlatinumBoy
    orsumeee
    what was mayweather like
    I met him in a strip club in Vegas awhile back. He was really cool. asked me to sit down and chill and hang out and talked to me about boxing. surprisingly he was alone (except all the strippers around him) so we had a conversation from about 7 in the morning till about 10. I thought he was really cool. This was a little while before the Gatti fight and he told me when I asked him who he wanted to fight the most he said Oscar Delahoya. I thought he was really nice, really personable but he definitely seemed like he was totally confident that he was the baddest mofo in boxing. To be the best you have to think like that. I remember (i was quite drunk) as I got up to leave (my flight left back to SD at 11), I was like "...one day I might be comin for you, Floyd...whatcha gonna do" (in like a joking manner) and he just smiled and was all, "Keep drinking, Dave." It was one of the most thrilling experiences ever for me. Way cooler than meeting like a famous actor or musical artist cause Im such a big fan of boxing. But yeah, Floyd was really cool. He didn't have to say shit to me but he was like sit down, chill and hang. Good guy, if you ask me.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford
    orsumeee
    what was mayweather like
    I met him in a strip club in Vegas awhile back. He was really cool. asked me to sit down and chill and hang out and talked to me about boxing. surprisingly he was alone (except all the strippers around him) so we had a conversation from about 7 in the morning till about 10. I thought he was really cool. This was a little while before the Gatti fight and he told me when I asked him who he wanted to fight the most he said Oscar Delahoya. I thought he was really nice, really personable but he definitely seemed like he was totally confident that he was the baddest mofo in boxing. To be the best you have to think like that. I remember (i was quite drunk) as I got up to leave (my flight left back to SD at 11), I was like "...one day I might be comin for you, Floyd...whatcha gonna do" (in like a joking manner) and he just smiled and was all, "Keep drinking, Dave." It was one of the most thrilling experiences ever for me. Way cooler than meeting like a famous actor or musical artist cause Im such a big fan of boxing. But yeah, Floyd was really cool. He didn't have to say S*** to me but he was like sit down, chill and hang. Good guy, if you ask me.
    I can imagine that Mayweather is the kind of guy who does spend his mornings in a strip club, heck, if i had the cash and the rep he has then I probably would too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats orsume what a story, i have heard a few people who have met him say that he is a top bloke lol
    what other things did you talk about lol??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have met a few fighters. Some I really liked were Julian Jackson, Greg Haugen, Paul Banke, Genaro Hernandez, guys I thought were not so nice were Barry McGuigan,Evander Holyfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    i have met a few fighters. Some I really liked were Julian Jackson, Greg Haugen, Paul Banke, Genaro Hernandez, guys I thought were not so nice were Barry McGuigan,Evander Holyfield.
    Really? I would have thought Holyfield would be nice for some reason...interesting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Diamond. Holyfield was not only rude to me, but my friend who is a boxer himself Holyfield ignored my friend when he wanted a picture taken with him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morrison,PBF,Foreman,L.Savarese,B.Seldon,M.Tyson,E .Holyfield,A.Gatti,J.Thunder,D.Tua,S.Briggs and Eric Esch.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My brother was at Kostya Tszyu's gym two weekend's ago for a promotion. Tszyu sparred a kid who won a competition from his website i think - obviously light sparring. Apparently tszyu trained for the crowd for some time before the session and impressed. He spoke to Tszyu as he is a big fan and often goes to his gym and others who were there. He spoke to Danny Green, Vic Darchinian, Jonny Lewis, Saiko Bika, Hussein Hussein and a few local guys. I have spent some time with Jeff Harding recently. He is on the up and up after some difficult times.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

??
    I was actually in the ring to spar with "Buster" Douglas for the Tyson fight...got lucky and drew #7...after destroying the first 6 guys I was crying and peeing my pants!! I got in the ring...The only time in my life I knew I was getting KTFO!!!!!!...he said "I'm going to hit the Heavy bag now!! God must have been looking down on me that day!!!!

Larry Holmes..big Douchebag...Left a B.A.D.D (Boxers against drunk driving) Amateur event because we didn't have a big enough "Appearance" free.......money at an amateur event?!?!

Prince Charles Williams...great guy...

Manning Galloway..whupped me for 4 rounds sparring...I almost quit fighting after that beating early in my career...

Michael Clark...on the same boxing team in the amateurs...love him!!

Eric Esch..met a toughman contest...as down to earth as you can get...

Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini!!! AWESOME!!!!!!

couple of others but I don't want to just name names...

It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton
    Paul Ingle
    Ryan Rhodes
    Michael Gomez he was a wanker
    Calzaghe
    Khan

All very friendly apart from Gomez he is very arrogant.Had a drink with Ricky Hatton in Tenerife before he started training for Urango fight very nice bloke he signed autographs and got photos with him!

Thread Information