Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Froch has surgery (interesting Calzaghe comments)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch has surgery (interesting Calzaghe comments)

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    I think he should fight Inkin and all this b*llocks about R Reid He'd get sparked no question.What Kessler and Calzaghe do (who they fight next) will directly effect what Froch does and the path he goes down.
    I'd like to see him give Inkin a good kickin then move on for the big boys
    no doubt in my mind he can pull it off.
    Froch is completely unproven at the top level. Reid is rusty but I wouldnt rule him out in a bout with Froch. As for Kessler and Calzaghe....Froch should stay where he is. He isnt at that level.

He can't go backwards so fighting one of those two is inevitable,Tatevosvan was a good step up and he gave Eastman hell when they met and has never been close to the canvas and the Cobra battered him.
    He'll never change his style either and has the best power in the division.
    He Entertains in every fight too!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    but why do you think 30 is old all of a sudden?
    because at 30, if he were going to be at world champ hed be there now, hes been a pro for 5 years now and he hasnt had a shot yet

The general concesus before the Magee V Reid fight was that Robin was past it, fighting a young, touted, tall, unbeaten southpaw in his own back yard but Reid went there and had him up and down like a yo yo.

If Reid wants it he deffinitly has a chance, Froch does nothing great, he hasnt fought any live opponents yet, the best weve been able to say about him is that fighters with a more than a few losses have lost to him
    You cant just get a title show like that... its not as simple as that. He is improving every fight and trust me he is, ive watched them. He is building his way to the top and IMO he deserves to be were he is ranked now ( number 3 IMO ) but he needs a fight with Inkin to assurt this and i do believe it should be made soon. You will see how much CF has come on in his next fight. You can talk about Reid doing all of that but IMO froch was in control of that Magee fight and the knockout was going to come. Reid wouldnt be able to handle his power and if he got caught by one of those right uppercuts he will slow down and i believe because Froch has done so much work he will surely finish the older man off and in style. He is an awesome top level fighter and you will see that for sure. You can talk about his guard being low etc but when you have so much pressure and authority over your oppanent ( i.e his last fight ) the fighter is going to fall !

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he beat his opponent well last time but the best we could say about him was that he went the distance in his last fight, whoopee

He may well have given eastman a fight but that was 3 years ago when he only hd 3 losses when Carl fought him he had 7 and now has 8

Thing is Reid has proved he can do it at the highest level, Carl hasnt

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Yeah he beat his opponent well last time but the best we could say about him was that he went the distance in his last fight, whoopee

He may well have given eastman a fight but that was 3 years ago when he only hd 3 losses when Carl fought him he had 7 and now has 8

Thing is Reid has proved he can do it at the highest level, Carl hasnt
    did you see how dominant he was in that fight though ? he looked that night like he would have been anybody at 168. true power combined with will power that fight was, he will surely work on improving and to be honest if Inkin was in the ring with froch that night he would have got KTFO! you can bad mouth froch and give all the stats and shit you want but the guy was put in front of him and he fights world class fighters and carl OWNED him. just you wait for CF's next fight and hopefully that will assurt him for getting a world title fight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, hopefully Froch gets his world title chance when hes in his thirties after 6 years of being a pro but really, even if he does win, how longs he gonna be around, fighters slow down in their thirties and Froch is already quite static

Thread Information