Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Maloney tips Haye to eclipse Lewis fortune of £100 million

Promoter Frank Maloney is planning to make David Haye the richest sportsman in British history.

David Beckham is the highest paid British sportsman at the moment, according to the Times rich list, with his £112million fortune making him the nation's 619th wealthiest person.

Eighty-one places below him is former boxer Lennox Lewis who has £100million in the bank, but Maloney is confident rising star Haye will earn more than both of them.

The promoter added: "I still don't think people realise the potential David has and what he can do over the next five years.

"We talk about the sort of money footballers can earn but if David Haye dedicates his life to boxing for the next five years I believe he will be the wealthiest sportsman that we've ever produced in Britain.

"Lennox Lewis was an incredible figure but if David can switch between the weights (cruiserweight and heavyweight) and rule both for three to five years I think he'll be the wealthiest sportsman this country has seen."

Haye stepped up to the heavyweight division last Friday with an explosive first-round knockout of Tomasz Bonin, who was ranked 11 by the WBC, at Wembley Arena.

Maloney continued: "David has tested the heavyweight division but he is a cruiserweight and will be going back down to challenge for the WBC title, which is now at private negotiation stage.

"The plan is to win that, make a couple of defences and then step up to heavyweight again.

"We'll go to New York to meet with a number of people, including Showtime and HBO.

"We'll present them with tapes of some of David's knockouts because we all know that to be a real legend in boxing you need to conquer the American market.

"I believe it is crying out for someone of David Haye's personality.

"Not many Brits are big over there - Ricky Hatton is over there but he hasn't really conquered it.

"Lennox Lewis is the only fighter to really do it as he dominated for 12 years."

Haye is also convinced he will rule the heavyweight division in time.

Friday's victory confirmed for himself that he can dominate at heavyweight, but first he must dispose of Jean Marc Mormeck, the current WBC and WBA cruiserweight champion.

He said: "I'm absolutely certain I can rule the heavyweight roost.

"As I'm developing and maturing, my power has gone through the roof. Every part of me is stronger and faster.

"I'm faster at heavyweight than I was two years ago at cruiserweight and I was always a quick cruiserweight.

"If any of the heavyweight champions had been in there with me the other night I would have knocked them out.

"Even against the bigger guys it will be the same - Mike Tyson was only 15 and half stones but he had the speed to dominate.

"People go on about size but if someone lands a shot on you then it doesn't really matter how big you are."

Haye's showdown with Mormeck, who is promoted by Don King, is likely to take place in the autumn with the location of the fight the main area of contention.

Is their any fighters left in the Heavies who can generate the sort of figures that were common in the Tyson,Lewis and Holyfield era..?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Maloney tips Haye to eclipse Lewis fortune of £100 million

Dont you think its just a little but early for Maloney to be making claims like that, sure hes gonna make a few quid but more than Beckham?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Promoter Frank Maloney is planning to make David Haye the richest sportsman in British history.

David Beckham is the highest paid British sportsman at the moment, according to the Times rich list, with his £112million fortune making him the nation's 619th wealthiest person.

Eighty-one places below him is former boxer Lennox Lewis who has £100million in the bank, but Maloney is confident rising star Haye will earn more than both of them.

The promoter added: "I still don't think people realise the potential David has and what he can do over the next five years.

"We talk about the sort of money footballers can earn but if David Haye dedicates his life to boxing for the next five years I believe he will be the wealthiest sportsman that we've ever produced in Britain.

"Lennox Lewis was an incredible figure but if David can switch between the weights (cruiserweight and heavyweight) and rule both for three to five years I think he'll be the wealthiest sportsman this country has seen."

Haye stepped up to the heavyweight division last Friday with an explosive first-round knockout of Tomasz Bonin, who was ranked 11 by the WBC, at Wembley Arena.

Maloney continued: "David has tested the heavyweight division but he is a cruiserweight and will be going back down to challenge for the WBC title, which is now at private negotiation stage.

"The plan is to win that, make a couple of defences and then step up to heavyweight again.

"We'll go to New York to meet with a number of people, including Showtime and HBO.

"We'll present them with tapes of some of David's knockouts because we all know that to be a real legend in boxing you need to conquer the American market.

"Not many Brits are big over there - Ricky Hatton is over there but he hasn't really conquered it.

"Lennox Lewis is the only fighter to really do it as he dominated for 12 years."

Friday's victory confirmed for himself that he can dominate at heavyweight, but first he must dispose of Jean Marc Mormeck, the current WBC and WBA cruiserweight champion.

"As I'm developing and maturing, my power has gone through the roof. Every part of me is stronger and faster.

"I'm faster at heavyweight than I was two years ago at cruiserweight and I was always a quick cruiserweight.

"If any of the heavyweight champions had been in there with me the other night I would have knocked them out.

"Even against the bigger guys it will be the same - Mike Tyson was only 15 and half stones but he had the speed to dominate.

"People go on about size but if someone lands a shot on you then it doesn't really matter how big you are."

Haye's showdown with Mormeck, who is promoted by Don King, is likely to take place in the autumn with the location of the fight the main area of contention.

Is their any fighters left in the Heavies who can generate the sort of figures that were common in the Tyson,Lewis and Holyfield era..?
    If I was Haye I would forget the CW division and stay at HW.

Why risk it all by boiling his body down again.No CW has ever been a superstar at that division.

The money and recognition is at heavyweight.
    Balls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashup

If I was Haye I would forget the CW division and stay at HW.

Why risk it all by boiling his body down again.No CW has ever been a superstar at that division.

The money and recognition is at heavyweight.
    Spot on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beerjelly
    Dont you think its just a little but early for Maloney to be making claims like that, sure hes gonna make a few quid but more than Beckham?
    LMAO
    your spot on mate!!! I like Haye alot very exciting fighter but to say this after he beats some Polish bum whose reciord was the most padded ive seen in a while is quite funny!! Lets see what happens when Haye gets in with a heavyweight who backs him up, he says he wants to be out of boxing by 30? so thats four years away, i think he is dreaming, Wlad would ko him right now, lets take it one step at a time Frank.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Franks always gives it the large, love him. On this one I think hes picked the wrong horse. time and matchmaking will tell.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information