Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thumb injury

I've been having problems with my thumb. It started hurting when I hit the punching back wrong about 2 months ago, and it got worse when I did it again during a spar. It really didn't feel too bad, kinda like a small sprain. But after a month, it hasn't healed yet. I have full ROM and always have, so I dont think it's a dislocation nor do i think its broken, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Have any of you guys got this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thumb injury

I had exactly the same injury, it first happened in the ring when I blocked a kick (obviously im a kickboxer not a boxer) and it bend my thumb right back. I had movement but it swelled up and hurt like hell for months. Everytime I thought it was getting better I would catch it either on the bag or sparring and it would be really painfull again. I think I just badly bruised the ligaments but the annoying thing was I would always catch it on things like closing the car door & stuff so it just took ages to heal because its hard to rest your fingers because you use them so much, I think it took a good year to heal properly but even now I still catch it now and then on the bag or sparring. I just try and keep it tucked in tight now when im punching.

Just give it some time and I am sure it will heal but if you are anything like me and find it hard to rest when you pick up injuries it may take some time.Good luck man!!
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thumb injury

Your thumb is one of the most important parts of your anatomy treat it with care.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Thread Information