Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brits - When EXACTLY is Floyd - De Hoya?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brits - When EXACTLY is Floyd - De Hoya?

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Question for my UK people: Have any of you missed a good fight? Being that they are live at 3-4 in the morning? Have any of you set your alarm and not woken up?

I remember for the World Cup in Japan, I set my alarm to watch a Argentina game and I didn't hear the alarm. Missed the fwocken game
    I've not done it with a boxing fight, but Wales were playing New Zealand in the Rugby World Cup a few years back, I woke up and it was nearly half time and wales were ahead. I ended up banging on mates' doors for about 15 minutes till someone let me watch their TV. And then Wales lost.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Question for my UK people: Have any of you missed a good fight? Being that they are live at 3-4 in the morning? Have any of you set your alarm and not woken up?

I remember for the World Cup in Japan, I set my alarm to watch a Argentina game and I didn't hear the alarm. Missed the fwocken game
    I've not done it with a boxing fight, but Wales were playing New Zealand in the Rugby World Cup a few years back, I woke up and it was nearly half time and wales were ahead. I ended up banging on mates' doors for about 15 minutes till someone let me watch their TV. And then Wales lost.

The Japan/Korea world cup was a killer,we were in the boozer at 6am drinking beer and all got thrown out and barred for life at around 10am.
    Hundreds of hammered people bowling about p*ssed out of their heads hahahaha
    Waitrose never knew what hit em

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

have posted this before but will do so again

went to see Benn v Collins in Manchester then came back to mine in Leeds for Holyfield Tyson I. had been on beer all day - fell asleep and woke up to slow motion replay of Holyfield finishing him off.

Was gutted . Had I not woke up at that point I had the video on and could have watched it anyway. Yes the fight was great anyway when I did watch that 'anything can happen in heavyweight boxing' anticipation had gone

Also missed Lewis v Rahman I when I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep - not too bothered abut that one in hindisght !
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

The Japan/Korea world cup was a killer,we were in the boozer at 6am drinking beer and all got thrown out and barred for life at around 10am.
    Hundreds of hammered people bowling about p*ssed out of their heads hahahaha
    Waitrose never knew what hit em
    The one I remember is the England v Australia Rugby World Cup final at around 8am. There were about 40 lads in the Students Union each grabbing pitchers of snakebite and black, and me and two irish lads and an australian were looking at one of the big screens, and back to back with us were about 35 english lads facing the other tv on the opposite wall. Once that final was over it was like giro day at the DSS with the number of drunk men on the streets of east london in the morning.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO

have posted this before but will do so again

went to see Benn v Collins in Manchester then came back to mine in Leeds for Holyfield Tyson I. had been on beer all day - fell asleep and woke up to slow motion replay of Holyfield finishing him off.

Was gutted . Had I not woke up at that point I had the video on and could have watched it anyway. Yes the fight was great anyway when I did watch that 'anything can happen in heavyweight boxing' anticipation had gone

Also missed Lewis v Rahman I when I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep - not too bothered abut that one in hindisght !

Cheers! fella!
    Funny stuff.....
    After you knew the result of Lewis - Rahman 1, I bet you werent as upset that you had missed it

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YES! i remember watching the enzo mac- hobson fight wanting to go to bed for a bit ( i was drunk ) and must have set my alarm wrong and missed the lacy fight! propa guttted i was !!!!!!

but i think this will be a goodie im staying up for it for sure, defo not gona sleep this time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All planned out - I'm going to have a usual Saturday night, wake up, stay the FUCK away from all telecommunications, get my neighbours and some pals around (each of whom is under strict orders to maintain silence about and ignorance of the result, upon pain of excruciating DEATH from the rest of us) and start on the booze/barbie round about midday. Get a few sausages/burgers going, one for everybody, steaks and chicken stay in the marinade for now.

Once the liquid has flowed and the appetites are whetted, I'll put the fight on round about 1-1.30 - and let the afternoon take us where it will...

Jaybee.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee from UK
    All planned out - I'm going to have a usual Saturday night, wake up, stay the FUCK away from all telecommunications, get my neighbours and some pals around (each of whom is under strict orders to maintain silence about and ignorance of the result, upon pain of excruciating DEATH from the rest of us) and start on the booze/barbie round about midday. Get a few sausages/burgers going, one for everybody, steaks and chicken stay in the marinade for now.

Once the liquid has flowed and the appetites are whetted, I'll put the fight on round about 1-1.30 - and let the afternoon take us where it will...

Jaybee.
    like the plan mate but thats a long time to try avoid the result with todays information overload - good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its staying awake that does me in

Got Meunouk to ring me as the fighters are coming out - hope I hear it...

Not going to drink Saturday night mind so my hearing should be ok
    How is Meunouk ? I miss him , he use to take some serious shit on here !!

Cracking lad full of it and never wavered in the face of overwhelming hostility , Im looking squaurely at Saddo .

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy
    its staying awake that does me in

Got Meunouk to ring me as the fighters are coming out - hope I hear it...

Not going to drink Saturday night mind so my hearing should be ok
    How is Meunouk ? I miss him , he use to take some serious shit on here !!

Cracking lad full of it and never wavered in the face of overwhelming hostility , Im looking squaurely at Saddo .
    I think the lad thrived on the hostility and left a trail of debris round quite a few internet forums ! Wish he would come back. Was chatting to him on msn last night and he is still his usual witty cocky self as you can imagine

You can keep up with him here http://www.fantana.net/

check out his latest movie Top Chair in the media section...

Thread Information