Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Results from Japan: Valero,Munoz win.Valero's next bout Stateside>??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Results from Japan: Valero,Munoz win.Valero's next bout Stateside>??

Venezeulan ex-champ Alexander Munoz (30-2, 27 KOs), 114.75, recaptured the WBA 115-pound belt as he maintained the pressure despite sometimes absrobing roundhouse shots and pounded out a unanimous decision (117-112, 117-111 and 118-109) over previously unbeaten Japanese defending champ Nobuo Nashiro (9-1, 5 KOs), 115, over twelve heats on Thursday in Tokyo, Japan

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...pCJbiGgGB.html

Japan-based Venezuelan KO artist Edwin Valero (22-0, 22 KOs), 130, kept his WBA 130-pound belt as he kept stalking WBA mandatory challenger Nobuhito Honmo (29-5-2, 5 KOs), 129.5, all night, bloodied him by opening four lacerations and finally halted him at 1:54 of the eighth round on Thursday in Tokyo, Japan. Valero, a hard-punching southpaw, failed to drop the defensive and negative Japanese, but kept throwing punches from all angles to make it a very lopsided affair. Before the stoppage due to Honmo's bad bleeding, the official scorecards were: 70-63, 70-64 and 69-64, all for the defending champ. Valero is to fight his next bout in the US according to his promoter Akihiko Honda of Teiken Promotions.
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...kZwqKSdhb.html

WBC bantam champ Hozumi Hasegawa (22-2, 7 KOs), 118, kept his belt as he earned a unanimous but disappointing decision (116-112 twice and 115-113) over previously unbeaten South African challenger Simphiwe Vetyeka (16-1, 9 KOs), 117.75, over tweleve dull rounds on Thursday in Tokyo, Japan. Vetyeka seldom threw punches positively, and Hasegawa was too cautious to attack the taller challenger. Neither threw many punches in the first eleven rounds, but Hasegawa turned loose with a barrage of punches to almost topple Vetyeka only in the final session.
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...EfPgMrOJf.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Results from Japan: Valero,Munoz win.Valero's next bout Stateside>??

man i hope valero fights someone worth talking about atleast for a single page of a forum.

i hope he fights someone good soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Results from Japan: Valero,Munoz win.Valero's next bout Stateside>??

Mosquera was a highly under rated, tough tough fighter and the fight was in his backyard,in what was a volatile environment.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Valero was not allowed to fight in the US.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    His promoter is very powerful and they are also confident he can pass the tests.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Valero was a middleweight and fought the way he did, we wouldn't know who he was. But because he's a featherweight and packs that punch and has that relentlessness, well...he's the guy I most want to see fight stateside. A bout with him and Pacquiao would be just awesome. Honestly, I can't think of a crazier matchup.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    If Valero was a middleweight and fought the way he did, we wouldn't know who he was. But because he's a featherweight and packs that punch and has that relentlessness, well...he's the guy I most want to see fight stateside. A bout with him and Pacquiao would be just awesome. Honestly, I can't think of a crazier matchup.
    That would be the biggest fight in Asia ever honestly, it would be silly to have it anywhere else.
    Valero fights out of Japan and has a huge following out there. And PAC, well he can draw anywhere he wants.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Hr=e is not allowed to fight in the U.S

Thread Information