Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Blinkers and Tunnel Vision

I was arguing with a friend this afternoon on why we chose to like some fighters /team and hate on others ?

I'm not a hater ( cue the barrage of tomatos)

I hate Floyd Mayweather ( duh ) but can appreciate his talent because he is a premier fighter of his day !!
    But is he a fighting man ? Does he back up his big talk and macho image ?
    I'd say for all his skill and speed probably no and this brings me into conflict with other members of the forum !

How much of a fighters personality determines weather we like them ?

Hatton, Calzaghe or Carl Froch are my fave fighters partly because their from this side of the pond but they all have completely different personalitys!

Froch is king of the trash talk but backs it up or at least has so far and has extraordinary selfbelief and reminds me very much of a young Calzaghe .
    Hatton is less abrasive but all are approachable .

Witter and Audley i would sit and pray to get knocked out and still do because of their crass behaviour and trash talking but what makes them so different to Froch and Calzaghe ?
    Talent ? Harrison got sparked and acts like a prick but what if he could back it up in the ring
    Witter turing up at ringside and telling Hatton he'll destroy him just ignited a deep loathing of him within me , not because it was Hatton just because he acted like such a tosser !

But then didn't Johhny Nelson do the same to Carl Thompson many times ? Now Johhny is my fave commentator !

How often do we admit to taking an unnatural dislike to a fighter just because we think he's overated and want to see him get exposed so we can be proved right ?

Gatti in my opinion was never a great fighter he had guts by the bucketload and in years gone by i'd argue with a great amount of feroucity that he didnt merit being anywhere near the pound for pound list .

I use to hope he'd get beat just so i could shut up other members of the forum up !!

Thats not right !!

If we are all honest we have our faves and are reluctant to admit their flaws , Hatton did alotof holding last time out and Joe was throwing those slaps but I'm never as vocal on the subject as some others !!

Gerald McClelland was an exciting fighter who burned brightly for a bit and got everybody going but when i pointed out what i thought about him and his career as a whole it had JT Rock and Daxx Khan breaking out the Voodoo dolls and my arse feels a bit too breezy as a result !

Seriously though a pinch of salt needs to be taken with what we all say if we were right all the time we'd be on our own Islands in the Indian Ocean with a dozen well trained monkey butlers serving drinks .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Blinkers and Tunnel Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy

Seriously though a pinch of salt needs to be taken with what we all say if we were right all the time we'd be on our own Islands in the Indian Ocean with a dozen well trained monkey butlers serving drinks .
    Cue Oscar De La Hoya.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information