Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lampley picks Floyd?!?!

I just read Lampley thinks Floyd will win. I thought he was literally in love with Oscar! Watch the Pernell fight when Oscar throws combos and MISSES EVERY SINGLE ONE yet Lampley starts whooping and saying what an amazing combo,great handspeed etc . I thought he was going for Oscar all the way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lampley picks Floyd?!?!

Lampley changes his mind about people in a minute..

People always say oscar is fake..But i always get the distinct impression that lampley is a fake ass snake..

Like he was all pally with Big george for years and soon as hes gone hes like no i dont miss him..
    Same with roy jones..

And all the stuff like that sh*t with his model girlfriend just gives the impression he isnt what he seems and lives a bit of a double life..

He'll change his mind if oscar wins anyway.. lol
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I just read Lampley thinks Floyd will win. I thought he was literally in love with Oscar! Watch the Pernell fight when Oscar throws combos and MISSES EVERY SINGLE ONE yet Lampley starts whooping and saying what an amazing combo,great handspeed etc . I thought he was going for Oscar all the way!
    Yeah, but you have to realize that these HBO announcers still work for HBO. Back then when Oscar fought, HBO clearly had an agenda to push the cash cow (De La Hoya) to superstardom. So the announcers might have imbelished a bit to make sure the audience knew Oscar was winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BUt I think Oscar also landed alot against Pernell during that fight or the judges wouldn't have scored it the way they did. I saw a pretty close fight personally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    Yeah, but you have to realize that these HBO announcers still work for HBO. Back then when Oscar fought, HBO clearly had an agenda to push the cash cow (De La Hoya) to superstardom. So the announcers might have imbelished a bit to make sure the audience knew Oscar was winning.
    Hmmm...nice thinking and probably true but still,I thought he of all people would be backing Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    BUt I think Oscar also landed alot against Pernell during that fight or the judges wouldn't have scored it the way they did. I saw a pretty close fight personally.
    Yeah, Oscar did BARELY win that fight in my eyes, but it might have been HBO announcers responsibility to make sure viewers thought Oscar won easily. I've actually done some personal research on my own judging. When I watched Marquez vs Barrera I had Marquez winning by a point, but when I watched it again with no sound, I had Marquez winning by three points. When I watched ODLH vs Mosley II, I had ODLH winning 115-113, but surprisingly when I watched it again with no sound, I had Mosley winning 115-113. I don't know, maybe I was able to concentrate more with no sound, but it's still interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree totally,it was a close fight but my point was that at times,Oscar would throw flurries and miss nearly all of them yet judging by Lampley's reaction,he landed nearly all of them(he clearly didn't).

Yeah, Oscar did BARELY win that fight in my eyes, but it might have been HBO announcers responsibility to make sure viewers thought Oscar won easily. I've actually done some personal research on my own judging. When I watched Marquez vs Barrera I had Marquez winning by a point, but when I watched it again with no sound, I had Marquez winning by three points. When I watched ODLH vs Mosley II, I had ODLH winning 115-113, but surprisingly when I watched it again with no sound, I had Mosley winning 115-113. I don't know, maybe I was able to concentrate more with no sound, but it's still interesting.
    Totally agree,the commentary,whether one likes it or not,affects one's own opinion when scoring a fight. I think everyone should try it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

absolutely. lampley is just backing the HBO guy. mayweather is their boy. and he's gonna win anyway, IMO. Golden Boy is gonna cry like a nino.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    Lampley changes his mind about people in a minute..

People always say oscar is fake..But i always get the distinct impression that lampley is a fake a** snake..

Like he was all pally with Big george for years and soon as hes gone hes like no i dont miss him..
    Same with roy jones..

And all the stuff like that sh*t with his model girlfriend just gives the impression he isnt what he seems and lives a bit of a double life..

He'll change his mind if oscar wins anyway.. lol
    I'm with you on this one, mate. Lampley is a Lamprey

Thread Information