Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katsidis Blasts Joan Guzman For Pulling Out,want to fights Juan Diaz instead!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Katsidis Blasts Joan Guzman For Pulling Out,want to fights Juan Diaz instead!

Katsidis does not believe Guzman has a legit hand injury, and told the Courier Mail that Guzman got "cold feet" due to a fear of his punching power at the weight.

HBO and Guzman's promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, was said to be working towards rescheduling the fight to the summer, but Katsidis says he is moving on and wants a fight with WBA/WBO lightweight champ Juan Diaz

"I don't believe Guzman's claim. We haven't been given any proof of the alleged injury and I've asked the commission to have their doctor examine Guzman," said Smith. "Until I see x-rays of the fracture that show otherwise, I don't believe the claims

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Katsidis Blasts Joan Guzman For Pulling Out,want to fights Juan Diaz instead!

Are you talking about Juan The Kid Diaz?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Katsidis Blasts Joan Guzman For Pulling Out,want to fights Juan Diaz instead

He's talking about Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz. The "Kid" is Julio!

At least Katsidis is looking for another big name to fill the void.

I say Guzman got a lucky break cause he woulda got KTFO!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Katsidis Blasts Joan Guzman For Pulling Out,want to fights Juan Diaz instead!

Oh yea I always confuse those two! Thanks have a cc!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Katsidis Blasts Joan Guzman For Pulling Out,want to fights Juan Diaz instead

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Rack
    Oh yea I always confuse those two! Thanks have a cc!
    Have one back bro

I think they call lightweight the Diaz division these days with Juan, Julio & David all ranked in the top 10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know about Juan getting KTFO,his defence is amazing,only PBF's shoulder roll is better and marginally at that. Katsidis is big and strong but was dropped by Earl who is not known for his punching power. He is topp open imo,Joan would pick him apart BUT i DO wonder,whether this is a legit injury? Or may be he just wants to spend more time with Floyd senior?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I don't know about Juan getting KTFO,his defence is amazing,only PBF's shoulder roll is better and marginally at that. Katsidis is big and strong but was dropped by Earl who is not known for his punching power. He is topp open imo,Joan would pick him apart BUT i DO wonder,whether this is a legit injury? Or may be he just wants to spend more time with Floyd senior?
    I feel Katsidis is a little to aggressive at times which lead to the Earl knock down. He got careless & should have tried to set up his shots.

Barrios gave Guzman trouble & I feel Katsidis is a way more rounded fighter than Jorge.

It is disappointing though, I was really looking forward to this fight!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My money was with Katsidis to beat Guzman. While I'd love Katsidis to beat Diaz, I don't think this should be his first big Lightweight fight coz he'd get destroyed. Baby Bull will be the man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

disapointed with Guzman . He always does this . I thought he could make a statement in this fight and crack the p4p lists but it looks like he is destined to be a waste of talent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2866202

"Fortunately, it was not broken or fractured," manager Jose Nunez said. "There is only tissue damage on his wrist and pinkie finger. Las Vegas doctor Steven Sanders recommended two weeks' rest for his left hand, but he will continue to train at the gym using only his right hand."

tissue damage? wtf...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well i had a soft tissue injury on my hand that was initially diagnosed as a fracture
    It been over a month and my fingers still hurt during sparring

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis does not believe Guzman has a legit hand injury, and told the Courier Mail that Guzman got "cold feet" due to a fear of his punching power at the weight.

HBO and Guzman's promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, was said to be working towards rescheduling the fight to the summer, but Katsidis says he is moving on and wants a fight with WBA/WBO lightweight champ Juan Diaz

"I don't believe Guzman's claim. We haven't been given any proof of the alleged injury and I've asked the commission to have their doctor examine Guzman," said Smith. "Until I see x-rays of the fracture that show otherwise, I don't believe the claims
    Well done Kats
    Put that fool on blast!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    I feel Katsidis is a little to aggressive at times which lead to the Earl knock down. He got careless & should have tried to set up his shots.

Barrios gave Guzman trouble & I feel Katsidis is a way more rounded fighter than Jorge.

It is disappointing though, I was really looking forward to this fight!
    I saw that fight nd i wouldnt say barrios caused him trouble as he only landed when guzman chose to go toe to toe wid him ndi think guzman would have got the ud neway nd katsidis should try nd fight a few more contenders cos i dont think beating earl proves ur ready to fight some1 of guzman or diaz's calibre

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis - Diaz....how did I never think of that before? Guzman has P4P talent but never puts it on display. Katsidis - Diaz would be FOTY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Mayweather has quite a bit better defense than Juan, but I agree in that he wouldn't have likely been KO'ed he's a tough mofo.

Thread Information