Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK let me try and make sense out of the nonsense on sportscenter today...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default OK let me try and make sense out of the nonsense on sportscenter today...

They said that brett favre is not in joe montanas league (i think favre is the best qb ever but if you wanna rank him 3rd behind elway and montana, i understand) but a few months ago they traied to compare brady to montana and some people said he was better. Ok lets look at the patriots final possesions in their three winning superbowls. The first two were fieldgoals which is like losing a boxing match by dominating the first 4 rounds, getting headbutted, losing the 5th and the fight gets called afterwards giving your opponent a techinical decision. The 3rd one, brady handed off to his running back 3 str8 times. Good strategy? yes but don't call him the most clutch qb in history when you wouldn't put it in his hands to try and convert a first down when they needed one.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: OK let me try and make sense out of the nonsense on sportscenter today...

.....agreed

ESPN/SportsCenter, much like their owner ABC have begun telling half truths or telling a story with an agenda!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OK let me try and make sense out of the nonsense on sportscenter today...

Being a 9ERS fan me self it's quite simple.

1. Montana
    2. The rest.......

El Kabong Guest

Well freakin Joe Cool won what 4 Super Bowls and NEVER lost one!!!

Montana led one of the best offenses in the history of the game! When has Brady ever done that

I would like to give shout outs to my boys Johnny Unintas and Broadway Joe Namath though.....those were some good qb's as were Bart Starr and Roger Staubach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

1. Montana
    2. The rest.......
    I'm not a 9ers fan and I think Montana was great but I think Steve Young was better than him. Montana had more people around him to make him better than Young did, in opionion anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm an Elway fan. He's done the most with the least in my opinion. My top 5

1. Elway
    2. Montana
    3. Favre (even though I hate the Packers)
    4. Jim Kelly
    5. Steve Young

I am a Bears fan so liking the Packers is illegal where I was raised.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    They said that brett favre is not in joe montanas league (i think favre is the best qb ever but if you wanna rank him 3rd behind elway and montana, i understand) but a few months ago they traied to compare brady to montana and some people said he was better. Ok lets look at the patriots final possesions in their three winning superbowls. The first two were fieldgoals which is like losing a boxing match by dominating the first 4 rounds, getting headbutted, losing the 5th and the fight gets called afterwards giving your opponent a techinical decision. The 3rd one, brady handed off to his running back 3 str8 times. Good strategy? yes but don't call him the most clutch qb in history when you wouldn't put it in his hands to try and convert a first down when they needed one.
    favre is overrated, but he isnt shitty, marino > favre, young > favre, montana > young, marino > montana, judah > mayweather jr

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also carson palmer was fucking UNSTOPABLE before his leg got KTFO

and these guys ALL SUCK BALLS and the media puts them over cuz theyt are from sports towns that can make big advertising dollars if the peopel think they got a good team...

rothesburger (WAS NEVER ANY GOOD AT ALL)
    eli manning (complete joke)
    grossman
    vick
    romo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21

1. Montana
    2. The rest.......
    I'm not a 9ers fan and I think Montana was great but I think Steve Young was better than him. Montana had more people around him to make him better than Young did, in opionion anyway.

cc.

i think you might be the only other person ive ever heard say that besides myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    also carson palmer was F****** UNSTOPABLE before his leg got KTFO

and these guys ALL SUCK BALLS and the media puts them over cuz theyt are from sports towns that can make big advertising dollars if the peopel think they got a good team...

grossman
    vick
    romo

michael vick is the most explosive/dangerous player to ever put on an nfl jersey. this will be his breakout year

i agree 1,000,000% on roethlisberger, though

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Farve is the best, When the last time he had a decent team and he still wins! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdRG3...elated&search=
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did the coolest thing i've ever seen a quarter back do. Back in the '03 season when he had a broken thumb all year and arguably one of the best offensive lines in history (had a solid all around team that management started giving away) He had a guy open 30 yards down field who stopped and Favre gave him the "keep on going" wave. The guy goes 30 more yards down field and favre throws a touchdown to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luvfightgame
    I'm an Elway fan. He's done the most with the least in my opinion. My top 5

1. Elway
    2. Montana
    3. Favre (even though I hate the Packers)
    4. Jim Kelly
    5. Steve Young

I am a Bears fan so liking the Packers is illegal where I was raised.
    Elway is the only reason they won superbowl 32. I was little and can't remember much about the game but i do remember him taking the ball on that 3rd and 8.

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    also carson palmer was F****** UNSTOPABLE before his leg got KTFO

grossman
    vick
    romo
    Palmer is still ok when half his starting line up isn't locked up in county :P

Roethelisberger only manages games. when he tries to take on the role of a legitimate big time qb he does
    terrible and pittsburgh loses.

I wish my last name was manning was i could get a huge contract and be terrible at my job. Peyton is overrated too. Yeah he puts up numbers, but he's also had the same star receiver for 8 years. Give favre Antonio Freeman and Andre Rison for his whole career and watch ther numbers he'd put up. Once marvin retires peyton is done. They already started selling away his defense like they did to favre the offense is the next to go.

Grossman is crap but i hope the bears start him as long as possible so gb can sneak into the playoffs one last time while favres still around.

Vick has amazing potential but he just cant throw the ball consistently.

Romo is total crap and he better not even think of going after carrie because come on who would want to have kids with the last name romo? Thats a bully's dream to get a kid with a shot overated ex sports star dad and a last name that rhymes with homo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few other facts:

Leagues only 3 time mvp (consecutively at that. that will never fall unless lt has a few more great years)

First professional completion was to himself for -7 yards.

He has record a forced fumble

Needs (to break records)
    7 tds
    4 ints
    137 attempts
    2 wins
    3861 yards

Currently owns records for:
    Completions
    Consecutive starts for qb
    most consecutive playoff games with a td pass at 16 (2nd all time with consecutive games with a td pass behind unitas)
    Has completed a pass to over 70 different receivers
    and a bunch of other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21

1. Montana
    2. The rest.......

cc.

i think you might be the only other person ive ever heard say that besides myself.
    Heres CC #217 for you bro. Yeah I have thought that for the longest time ever man, I'm glad someone esle agrees with me.

Thread Information