Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default George Foreman info????...

i want to know when george started boxing. how he started boxing. what his trainer thought of him when he first saw him. when did he have his first amatuer fight?

i mean i cant find this info anywhere...can someone help please.

also i wont mind knowing how many amatuer fights he had and how they went. and i want to know when he turned pro??

thanks!

ICB Guest

Default Re: George Foreman info????...

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    i want to know when george started boxing. how he started boxing. what his trainer thought of him when he first saw him. when did he have his first amatuer fight?

also i wont mind knowing how many amatuer fights he had and how they went. and i want to know when he turned pro??

thanks!
    Umm right i'll try and help you out if i can remember he started boxing because kids used to say George was bully and why don't you try boxing or something like that he had 25 amateur fights and 1 loss when entering to olympic his first fight as an amateur he lost.

George was predominantly raised by his mother in a notoriously tough neighbourhood.

Foreman dropped out of high school and turned to petty theft, before joining the US Job Corps. Here, Foreman became infamous for picking fights until, on the verge of expulsion, he met supervisor Charles "Doc" Broadus, who saw promise in Foreman’s physical strength. Under the direction of Broadus, Foreman trained to be a boxer.

Foreman fought in the amateur boxing circuit, winning sixteen of eighteen fights; by the age of nineteen, he qualified for the Olympic boxing team. In the 1968 Olympic Games he won gold in the heavyweight class. The following year, he turned professional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Foreman info????...

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy

thanks!
    Umm right i'll try and help you out if i can remember he started boxing because kids used to say George was bully and why don't you try boxing or something like that he had 25 amateur fights and 1 loss when entering to olympic his first fight as an amateur he lost.

George was predominantly raised by his mother in a notoriously tough neighbourhood.

Foreman dropped out of high school and turned to petty theft, before joining the US Job Corps. Here, Foreman became infamous for picking fights until, on the verge of expulsion, he met supervisor Charles "Doc" Broadus, who saw promise in Foreman’s physical strength. Under the direction of Broadus, Foreman trained to be a boxer.

Foreman fought in the amateur boxing circuit, winning sixteen of eighteen fights; by the age of nineteen, he qualified for the Olympic boxing team. In the 1968 Olympic Games he won gold in the heavyweight class. The following year, he turned professional.
    only 25 fights as a amatuer? his power sure suited him. Wouldn't that be bad to be the guy George is bullying?

Thread Information