Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton and Steve Forbes

Ricky Hatton is sparring former IBF champ Steve Forbes in the lead-up to his June 23 showdown with Jose Luis Castillo in Las Vegas.

http://www.sportsnut.com.au/category.php?intid=7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton and Steve Forbes

Forbes said he was really impressed with the speed of hattons footwork n the speed of his hands....I wonder if he is referring to his overall speed or an improvement since the last fight Anyways theres more on this on Hatton's website/forum...Theres also a bunch of photo's of hatton&forbes sparring...Hatton looks a lot bigger than the last fight, but i suppose he hasnt finished dropping weight yet...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Hatton beatv tszyu again. Man, that was one great performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton will always look massive until just before his fights. I heard he ballons up to almost 12.5 stone during fights but that is not surprising when I saw him on Sky once. I think that is what prompted the US press to call him Ricky Fatton just before the Tzsyu fight.
    Tip of the month: Protect yourselves at all times. You never know when the scheming bitch will come back for more.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I no before the Urangoand collazo fights he was walking around at about 13 stone but i was reffering to his muscular build. The Hatton we saw against Urango was the lightest and skinniest in years (probably why he ran out of gas at the end.) But for this fight he seeems to be a much wider build....I could be wrong though!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky, has not put as much wht on between his last fight, and this one against Castillo,thats why Steve Forbes is so impressed, at this stage in Rickys preparation,he will be much better prepared, this time around and stop Castillo between the 7th and the 10th round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bronco
    Ricky, has not put as much wht on between his last fight, and this one against Castillo,thats why Steve Forbes is so impressed, at this stage in Rickys preparation,he will be much better prepared, this time around and stop Castillo between the 7th and the 10th round.
    I agree totally! I think hatton after the urango immediatly became focused on Castillo and didnt slip into old habits of letting himself go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo has been on the down side of his prime for the last 2 years....It should be a safe fight for Hatton..again....but is Hatton on the down side as well?...As for what Steve Forbes said, Forbes has to say those things..he's getting paid by the Hatton camp.....this fight could show us something....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me this fight will be an acid test...i think after this one we'll see exactly what Ricky has left. If indeed ricky is on the slide unfortunately it's his own fault due to the lifestyle he leads. Love Hatton n hoping for the best tho!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    For me this fight will be an acid test...i think after this one we'll see exactly what Ricky has left. If indeed ricky is on the slide unfortunately it's his own fault due to the lifestyle he leads. Love Hatton n hoping for the best tho!!!
    true...he hasn't taken really good care of his body....and he is aging faster than he should....kinda like Vargas..Trinidad...etc....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah! Exactly like Vargas n Trinidad good point man!!!
    But after the Collazo n Urango fights im kinda thinkin that he mite b tryin to elongate his career like Barrerra by integrating more boxing into his style...but then he goes an takes a war with Castillo!!!
    Shows how much i know

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu
    Castillo has been on the down side of his prime for the last 2 years....It should be a safe fight for Hatton..again....but is Hatton on the down side as well?...As for what Steve Forbes said, Forbes has to say those things..he's getting paid by the Hatton camp.....this fight could show us something....
    Hatton is not on the slide. He had a cold in his last fight and considering how he felt, he did the smart thing and stil won 11 of the 12 rounds. Collazo was a struggle but that has nothing to do with Hatton's prime. The bigger man will have an advantage when he has speed and strength advantages. Hatton still won and to me that is the sign of a great fighter. Castillo is not a southpaw and i am sure we will all see a much improved Ricky hatton on the 23rd June.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I don't think sparring with Forbes is going to benefit Hatton at all in this fight.
    The only thing similar between Forbes and Castillo is their size.

Their styles are completely opposite, Forbes is more of a slick pure boxer, while Castillo is
    a rough in-fighter.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spot on Killer. Im sure he will get good work out of Forbes but it wont be the right kind of work.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because Forbes is a boxer, and not a mixer, is why he was chosen to work with Ricky, Ricky does-not need to practice pressure fighting, he,s done that most of his career,boxing his way into a fight working out the other mans style, and pressure fighting when the chance comes, during the fight will add another dimension to his fighting style

Thread Information