Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoke to Jeff Lacey on Memorial Day/ He's a real good guy in person.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spoke to Jeff Lacey on Memorial Day/ He's a real good guy in person.

I imagined that Lacy would be a stand up guy, not some arrogant twat, cause he doesn't seem to have the kind of style like a Mayweather that breeds arrogance.

That fight against Tsypko was mighty tough for him with the injury, and I could definitely see him reclaiming his IBF belt, but a fight against Tarver would seem a long way off, cause I can't see Tarver has any motivation left.

The most down to earth guy I've spoken with was Clinton Woods, as I was interviewing him for the news section of this site, and when I called he was in the shower, and his mum yelled at him to come out cause I was on the phone. REally nice guy though, and met him at a fight soon after and top bloke.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spoke to Jeff Lacey on Memorial Day/ He's a real good guy in person.

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    when I called he was in the shower, and his mum yelled at him to come out cause I was on the phone.
    CC! That is fucking priceless! That is so cool, honestly that says a lot about Woods right there. Cool that a guy who's made his fair share of money lives with him mom to.

As far as the most down to Earth guy though, defiintely Andre Ward. You would never ever believe the guy is a fighter. Far to shy and everything and a real personable guy. Real genuine. Has a bit of a shield but if you catch him on a day where he is open, or if you get past it you really see that he is a special kind of guy. And incredibly determined. No nightlife for him, it's train and then go home to the wife and kids.

But I must say, the one guy who really blew me away was James Toney. He doesn't stop talking, real nice to his fans. Hilarious. My mom asked for an autograph for my little brother and he gave her a kiss on the cheek, so he's her favorite fighter ever. When I told her he was one of the most hated guys in boxing she refused to believe it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Lacy have any plans to fight anyone? He's ranked in the top two by WBA last time I checked and has a real chance against Mundine in my opinion. He should go for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Does Lacy have any plans to fight anyone? He's ranked in the top two by WBA last time I checked and has a real chance against Mundine in my opinion. He should go for it.
    I guess that depends on his bankroll. I doubt he has plans to quit since he won his last fight. If the injury isn't career ending then the show must go on... for the mortgage payment if nothing else.

I can't imagine what it's like to be a fighter and have all the time in the world to train and one day find yourself back on nightshift, not knowing if you are working out until you punch out the next morning and see how you feel.

The thought is enough to make you puke. It must be the same feeling you got when summer was over and had had to get up for school the next day. Every year as I walked out the door on the first day of school my father would say, "You got your pencils sharpened up." and laugh.

Thread Information