Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoke to Jeff Lacey on Memorial Day/ He's a real good guy in person.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Spoke to Jeff Lacey on Memorial Day/ He's a real good guy in person.

If you don't know, live right around the Tampa Florida area around the Same area Jeff Lacy lives. I happen to be at local spot on Memorial day called Shepards (where everyone usually goes) on Clearwater Becah. I was with my boys haveing a couple drinks at the beach bar Shepards and I happen to look over and I'm like is that Jeff Lacey and my boy says it damn well could be,because he's only drinking water. Well I walked up to shoot his hand and asked him what wieight was he walking around at he said 195. I also asked him who's he fighting next Tarver, he then went on to say Tarver talks allot and nothing has been signed so it doesn't look like that fights gonna happen anytime soon. I also asked him about the his shoulder and he said it seems to be good he did have a scar there from the surgery though. Overall real standup guy, he was shaking everyones hands and just hangin with reagular people I thought it was cool and thought I would share the story.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spoke to Jeff Lacey on Memorial Day/ He's a real good guy in person.

Yeah! I had a chance to meet him at JLC-Chico I, in Vegas like yourself I exchanged a few words and he was cool.

Thanks for sharing the story....

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spoke to Jeff Lacey on Memorial Day/ He's a real good guy in person.

Again, thanks for that story. Its nice to hear things like that here. I like Lacy, and I truly hope he is able to come back and have an impact. He has had a tough 16 months or so. Jeez, has it really been so long?! Just the single fight and then injury since Calzaghe!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21
    If you don't know, live right around the Tampa Florida area around the Same area Jeff Lacy lives. I happen to be at local spot on Memorial day called Shepards (where everyone usually goes) on Clearwater Becah. I was with my boys haveing a couple drinks at the beach bar Shepards and I happen to look over and I'm like is that Jeff Lacey and my boy says it damn well could be,because he's only drinking water. Well I walked up to shoot his hand and asked him what wieight was he walking around at he said 195. I also asked him who's he fighting next Tarver, he then went on to say Tarver talks allot and nothing has been signed so it doesn't look like that fights gonna happen anytime soon. I also asked him about the his shoulder and he said it seems to be good he did have a scar there from the surgery though. Overall real standup guy, he was shaking everyones hands and just hangin with reagular people I thought it was cool and thought I would share the story.
    Thanks for sharing mate cc! So many fighters I wish I could meet. Lacy seems like a really good bloke from everything i have seen of him

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish him all the best.

Muhammad Ali said about Liston: "I feel sorry for Sonny, you people built him up so high that he has a long way to fall now". Hopefully, Jeff will get over the shock of being the next BIG thing and then falling from grace against Calzaghe so convincingly.

I don't doubt that he was confident of winning the Calzaghe fight, that's why he came over here to unify. He also showed tremendous heart and guts to finish the fight upright and keep battling away while taking a real career-damaging beating.

Respect to the guy!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC 94 bro!

thats tight u got to meet left hook! was his hot ass italian fiance there too?

yo ill email u the RESULTS of the weekend and u do the same bro! trading war story time! hollaaaaaaaar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    CC 94 bro!

thats tight u got to meet left hook! was his hot a** italian fiance there too?

yo ill email u the RESULTS of the weekend and u do the same bro! trading war story time! hollaaaaaaaar
    Thanks for the cc brother I'll get you back also. But to answer your question no his fiance wasn't there. Just him and I'm taking the guy that was with him was one of his boys or something. Yo I'll definately email you with my war stories from this past weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You Lucky B******!!!! besides Amat, I'm probably the biggest Lacy fan alive and would have loved to be in your position... Jeff is 100% Quality along with guys like Hatton and Cotto are the good guys of the sport  thats why I get so irrated when people trash talk Jeff

#95 for the story

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've talked to a few people who have met him. Never heard a bad word about him. He has a house and Vegas and frequents a golf course that the Sports Editor of the paper up here has a membership at. Probably my favorite boxer of all time aside from Whitaker. Definitely looking for him to come back and be a champ again. At his best, I would have him to take everyone at 175 with the exception of Hopkins. I hope he fights in Reno again, I'll definitely be there for that.

Nice to hear the shoulder is doing good. CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool...I always like meeting famous fighters and finding out that they are really down to earth....Prince Charles Williams, "Buster" Douglas and Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini are some really cool guys in person......Larry Holmes was a total A**.....so was Larry Donald.....met Tyson for about 12 seconds in '84 or was it '85?..one scary sum b*tch!!!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta alot of time and respect for Jeff, good to hear he seems to be doing ok, hope he is on the mend and is back in the ring ASAP - i think at his size LHW is to far for him, his style wudn't suit his size at there, SMw or hell, get taylor up to SMW to fight him, he beats taylor IMO:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i always liked lacy. i wanted him to KO joe. can't wait for his comeback. that injury must of been a pain in the ass but by the sounds of things he is doing good which is great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC for the story.

If I ever run into a Lacy I will tell him, "I cried that night." He'll know what I mean and without another word we will hug and call each other brother. We'll spark up a friendship that will be short lived, for when I refuse his offer of ringside seats and ask him to substitute it with the PPV he will quit me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haaha sounds like me in the club yo. ill be chuggin on some expensive asss VOSS or FIJI lol.

thats another thing you fat asss bastards gotta realize man you all wonder why you chubby and cant go past 3 rounds of sparring hello its the alcohol!!!!!!!

it was hard as hell for me to quit drinking, and id never believe id be able to, but believe me its a world of difference when it comes to training and over all performance and more so health.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Jeff gets that fight he always wanted with Tarver, if not Roy Jones Jnr. "Are there any excuses between the two?"
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Thread Information