Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has the better chin a world class boxer or a world class MMA fighter.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who has the better chin a world class boxer or a world class MMA fighter.

Who do you think has the better chins Boxers or MMA fighters.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who has the better chin a world class boxer or a world class MMA fighter.

I dont think their respective sports make any difference...Ill say this thoug Ill put Mark Hunts chin in with the best
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who has the better chin a world class boxer or a world class MMA fighter.

This question isn't specific enough because there's plenty of world class boxers whose chins leave a lot to be desired (ala the #1 world ranked heavyweight). A world class boxer is probably better at blocking and deflecting punches but to judge just on the ability to take a punch alone it would depend on the people you're comparing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, but who can knit a scarf better ......... a TV newsreader or a big game warden?
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Yes, but who can knit a scarf better ......... a TV newsreader or a big game warden?
    DUH! everyone knows that game wardens have won the scarf knitting championships ten years running

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a boxer.. mma fighters only spend part of their time getting hit round the head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do know that boxing dose alot more damage to the brain than MMA. In boxing a knockdown happens you go to the corner and you come out agian to take more abuse. Boxing lasts 36 mintes compared to 15 minutes in MMA. Im MMA a hard hit happens and the man flops to his back its usally over with a couple more blows, the damage is done no more shots.Plus MMA guys arent taking 250-400 punches to the head and body every fight. MMA guys are taught to fight in all aspects. Boxers are taught one thing and that is the art of a punch ,how to deliver one, how to take one, how to aviod one. I belive over all Boxers have the better chins. I would take Ray Robinson chin over Mark Hunts anyday he had over 200 fights and was only and was only floored a handful of times. You can say the same thing about Hagler and JCC. I respect the MMA,but when it comes to punching boxers have it.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    I dont think their respective sports make any difference...Ill say this thoug Ill put Mark Hunts chin in with the best
    Yes he would be up there with Hagler and Robinson.+1
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kinda look at "chin" as something you either have or don't...obviously experience is an issue but if we are talking about professional fighters they have all been rocked at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got in a fight in school and my dad got so mad he punched me in the jaw, I spit out a tooth and a mouth full of blood. he used to be a pro. I guess I have a pretty good chin. I have only been knocked out cold once. It dosent really hurt . I just wondered if boxing had anything to do with me taking my dads best shot to the chin.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You probably just have a neck like a pine tree...experience/heart play a part but I think body make up(neck strength, forehead size etc) is the biggest factor

El Kabong Guest

It doesn't matter what sport you're in but I will say having a decent defense helps you have a "better chin", even the guys with GREAT chins in boxing cover up.....no idiot is going to give you a free shot in either sport.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you don't have a world class chin you better have a world class defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    if you don't have a world class chin you better have a world class defence.
    Flloyd Mayweather jr.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    You probably just have a neck like a pine tree...experience/heart play a part but I think body make up(neck strength, forehead size etc) is the biggest factor
    Thats it too. I had to buy a suit recently to go to a family unfortunate get together. I wear a 8.75 ball cap and collar size from suit shopping is 18.5. My dads is a 16. I'm still trying to figure out if he is my dad. He is 5'9.5 and 155. I'm 5'11.5 and around 217. I'm a southpaw. He isn't. He is smart .....I'm not.His arm length(arm pit to tip of fist )is 24. Mine is 26. My reach is 75 inches.We both were boxers. He was a ham and egger pro and a airforce champ in 1965. I never made it passed the amateurs. We do have a couple things in common. We both have tempers and we both defiantly do not have the Irish Curse. I say my chin is O.k. I was expecting the punch. He hit me .He was stunned that I took it and I stood up and walked out of the room. Then I later went into the bathroom and spit out a mouthfull of blood and a bicuspid. I never spoke to him about that incident ever again and I never got in a fight during school. Out on Kenmore Boulevard is a total different thing. Him and I grown very close. He's surviving a on going battle of cancer of the throat and had a vocal chord removed. Its funny how the people in life that can cut you like a tree can also make you feel great at the . He recently went to the doctor a month ago and since then has given me his 1956 ford t-bird. I pray to god every night that he is doing this out of the kindness of his heart that he feels bad about our past.Or maybee he knows something that we all dint. His has had cancer for three years and 6 months ago they gave him more radeation because the founds spots on his lymphnodes. I hope thats isn't the reason why.I hope
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Thread Information