Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think that Lewis is a top ten on the best heavies ever.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I think that Lewis is a top ten on the best heavies ever.

I hear alot of people say Lewis doesn't deserve a spot on the top ten but i like to point out some reason that i think he should but to some maybe their not good ones but i am throwing them out there any how. Ok lets start out with what he accomplished he for one clean out the division and only had two losses which to me were flukes but thats just what i think. As far as titles go He was World heavyweight champion 1999-2001 and 2001-2004 and was Wbc holder 1992-1994,1997-2001, and Wbc Linear champion 1998-2001. As far as his record goes 41 wins 32 stoppages 2 losses and 1 draw. I agree with George Foreman when he said at lewis retirement in 2004 "Lewis was beyond doubt the greatest heavy weight champion of all time. He was good enough to compete with anyone." so pleas i like to hear what people have to say about my thoughts and hope you post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I think that Lewis is a top ten on the best heavies ever.

I think maybe he was but here is the thing......the older Heavyweights tend to get a lot more praise on this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah he does deserve a place on top ten. He beat some of the best. Holyfield, Vitali Klitschko, Tyson...he deserves his place.

BUT THEN SO DOES TSZYU!

So sad

Haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lewis is boring--if he beat marciano record he would be a top 10--he beat faded champs and theres nothing exciting about him--nothing special

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree that lewis was very good but boring as hell. i mean he had his moments against golotta and ruddock, but for the most part he was to safety concious. he should have gone into the tyson-holyfield fights with the same intensity and fury as golota and ruddock with both gunz blazing.

tyson and holy were shadows of there former selves, especially tyson. lewis should have koed holyfield and ko tyson a lot quicker than he did. he was just to over cautious which = BORING.
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would but him at #8 probably based on acomplishments
    &quot;To see a man beaten not by a better opponent but by himself is a tragety&quot; -Cus D&#039;amato-<br /><br />&quot;I pitty the fool&quot;-clubber lang-<br /><br />&quot;My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It&#039;s ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LEWIS is a top ten best heavyweight of all time!!!.........................................to p ten best heavyweight of all time who had dread locks that is!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When lewis Fought holyfield and Tyson he was jsut as old and he was not at his prime in my opion people keep saying he was in his prime but god his prime must of lasted like 12 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    LEWIS is a top ten best heavyweight of all time!!!.........................................to p ten best heavyweight of all time who had dread locks that is!
    Where would you have him man? 16-19 somewhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    When lewis Fought holyfield and Tyson he was jsut as old and he was not at his prime in my opion people keep saying he was in his prime but god his prime must of lasted like 12 years.
    well then lewis got sparked by chumps in his prime

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea i admit that he got some ko's but at least he pulled it together and got revenge for the ko's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140
    Yea i admit that he got some ko's but at least he pulled it together and got revenge for the ko's.
    yeah he did avenge them and i think they were both fluke KO's but they still happened and IMO hurt his legacy to a small degree. but hes still top#10 in my very unoffical list

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect that answer very much so i cc you but i dont have the right amount of posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've toiled & troubled over that very matter...while it's easy to say that Lewis is a shoe in for the top 20...top 10 becomes more difficult for most historians to bend to...me?

I have to say that when heavyweights come to mind for me...Lewis, Ali, & Klitshcko spring up.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I've toiled & troubled over that very matter...while it's easy to say that Lewis is a shoe in for the top 20...top 10 becomes more difficult for most historians to bend to...me?

I have to say that when heavyweights come to mind for me...Lewis, Ali, & Klitshcko spring up.
    By the way well done on 22300 posts, CC

I personally think beating everyone you ever fought in your career makes a bold statement, no matter how sloppy the losses were, you went back meaning business and got the job done.

Thread Information