Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Warrens having a laugh surely.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Warrens having a laugh surely.....

David Haye gave a rather sceptical response to Frank Warren’s offer of a clash between himself and Enzo Maccarinelli.

Responding to the offer made in Warren’s News of the World column last Sunday(June 10) Haye said: “Everyone knows who I’m fighting next, I’m fighting the undisputed number one fighter in the division. Warren knows this, that’s why he suddenly got so brave in calling me out and offering me the kind of deal he point blank refused to make five months ago.”

Haye revealed he will be fighting WBC/WBA cruiswerweight king Jean Marc Mormeck some time in the autumn and spoke about his plans, saying “I want to be recognised as the best cruiserweight in the world and I will do this against Mormeck.”

It now looks like Maccarinelli will face former WBC Champion Wayne Braithwaite (who lost his title to Mormeck) on July 21.

Haye remains to be convinced over Maccarinelli’s claims that Braithwaite will be a tough fight. Haye said: “He (Enzo) will probably fight a washed up Braithwaite and knock him out early. Warren will then call Enzo the second coming of Muhammad Ali.”

Well said Hayemaker
    www.secondsout.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warrens having a laugh surely.....

This coming from a guy who stopped a nobody in the first round, and this his promotor went on to claim he can become a bigger richer mega star than any other sports man in the uk...

If he beats mormack i will consider him the number 1 crues in the world because he will hold te Ring belt.. i still think he needs to fight cunningham and enzo to become undisputed, and thatworks for both of them too..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    This coming from a guy who stopped a nobody in the first round, and this his promotor went on to claim he can become a bigger richer mega star than any other sports man in the uk...

If he beats mormack i will consider him the number 1 crues in the world because he will hold te Ring belt.. i still think he needs to fight cunningham and enzo to become undisputed, and thatworks for both of them too..
    The problem is that HAye has already said that the fight against Mormeck will be his last at cruiserweight, so I have no doubts that if Enzo and HAye meet, it will be among the big boys some years down the line. Personally, I reckon it made Frank Warren look silly to make a #1 mandatory like Haye an offer five weeks before a fight is scheduled to take place. Haye didn't accept it and neither would Cunningham, cause it just isn't enough time for a top fighter. Enzo and Warren should have just booked the Braithwaite fight and organised a big October unification with Cunningham. I'm an Enzo fan, but that offer to Haye was BS, no doubt about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

The problem is that HAye has already said that the fight against Mormeck will be his last at cruiserweight, so I have no doubts that if Enzo and HAye meet, it will be among the big boys some years down the line. Personally, I reckon it made Frank Warren look silly to make a #1 mandatory like Haye an offer five weeks before a fight is scheduled to take place. Haye didn't accept it and neither would Cunningham, cause it just isn't enough time for a top fighter. Enzo and Warren should have just booked the Braithwaite fight and organised a big October unification with Cunningham. I'm an Enzo fan, but that offer to Haye was BS, no doubt about it.
    There were other offers inline for bigger names for enzo @ Cruiser before the Cunningham, braithweight or Haye offers were made... sadly they didn't work out and for undisclosed reasons warren needs to deliver a name this fight, and it looks like braithweight is the best one they can secure...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

can't wait

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

Hayes promoter Frank Maloney said Haye if he won the Cruiserweight belts held by Mormeck would defend them a few times and mentioned O'Neill Bell as a potential challenger.

Frank Warren wants nothing of Haye unless he gets options on future fights.

Thread Information