Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bob Arum interview

I hope it happens before the end of september.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum is a terrible promoter. Always gave his decent main events but the undercard fights were worse than ESPN. And after Michael Nunn beat Iran Barkley in 1989, Nunn was planning to leave Arum, so Arum insulted him as a fighter immediately after the fight on HBO saying Roberto Duran would have destroyed Michael Nunn. Just not a class act is Arum. Nunn was the fighter than night and Arum put himself ahead of the fighter. That is why I think boxers should be the promoters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    Bob Arum is a terrible promoter. Always gave his decent main events but the undercard fights were worse than ESPN. And after Michael Nunn beat Iran Barkley in 1989, Nunn was planning to leave Arum, so Arum insulted him as a fighter immediately after the fight on HBO saying Roberto Duran would have destroyed Michael Nunn. Just not a class act is Arum. Nunn was the fighter than night and Arum put himself ahead of the fighter. That is why I think boxers should be the promoters.
    The Arce-Mijares card wasn't that bad.

lol! I enjoyed watching Arce getting beat up in all 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    The Arce-Mijares card wasn't that bad.

lol! I enjoyed watching Arce getting beat up in all 12 rounds.
    I just think Arum rips people off. I never forgot how he insulted Michael Nunn on a night when Michael just beat a tough guy in Iran Barkley. Arum put himself above boxing. When a promoter does that it is time for another promoter. I am glad he has lost alot of his power as a promoter. Thank god Oscar is coming around, although I wish Oscar would not try and get all the other fighters in as promoters. Looks unprofessional. He can do it on his own.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah well nobody remember Michael Nunn now anways since Toney turned out the lights on his career.

Bob Arum has his faults all the promoters do but I can't see how you can say he's a terrible promoter. Virtually all of the most exciting fighters right now are Top Rank fighters, they have put on the best cards by far this year and he's done a terrific job in nurturing and developing his fighter's talents.

If I were an American boxer right now with talent and a bright future I'd sign with Top Rank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Ah well nobody remember Michael Nunn now anways since Toney turned out the lights on his career.

Bob Arum has his faults all the promoters do but I can't see how you can say he's a terrible promoter. Virtually all of the most exciting fighters right now are Top Rank fighters, they have put on the best cards by far this year and he's done a terrific job in nurturing and developing his fighter's talents.

If I were an American boxer right now with talent and a bright future I'd sign with Top Rank.
    well it was always in my memory who he devalued a good fighter who looked to be great at the time in favor of his promoting. I think his fighters are good but he never has them fight anyone until a big payday. He does not want to take the chance and have them lose. Now you look at Don King, his cards used to be great. He had so many fighters he did not rely on just one fighter. I think if I were a fighter I would sign with Golden Boy Promotions.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

well it was always in my memory who he devalued a good fighter who looked to be great at the time in favor of his promoting. I think his fighters are good but he never has them fight anyone until a big payday. He does not want to take the chance and have them lose. Now you look at Don King, his cards used to be great. He had so many fighters he did not rely on just one fighter. I think if I were a fighter I would sign with Golden Boy Promotions.
    Golden Boy sucks, Ishe Smith has just split from them after only two fights and he's incredibly easy to get along with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on, Arum is by far the best promoter out there. Has the most talent out there, Pac Man - Solis was an excellent card. And the Judah - Cotto card was great too. To say Bob Arum is a terrible promoter shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz
    I know what I am talking about. I paid alot of money over the years on ppv to know Arum is not a good promoter.. He is good at making money for himself and getting the most out of us at the same time putting up bad cards. yeah he has to have a main event, but he always puts up terrible undercards. And that matters. Look at the Arum cards over the years and then look at the undercard. Then look at Don King cards and see the undercards. King gives you more for your money.

Come on, Arum is by far the best promoter out there. Has the most talent out there, Pac Man - Solis was an excellent card. And the Judah - Cotto card was great too. To say Bob Arum is a terrible promoter shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the wiz
    I know what I am talking about. I paid alot of money over the years on ppv to know Arum is not a good promoter.. He is good at making money for himself and getting the most out of us at the same time putting up bad cards. yeah he has to have a main event, but he always puts up terrible undercards. And that matters. Look at the Arum cards over the years and then look at the undercard. Then look at Don King cards and see the undercards. King gives you more for your money.

I'll agree with you that King had the stronger cards than Arum. But you can't say Arum is a terrible promoter.

Thread Information