Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dana white - chuck - rampage = tyson - buster

Q Chuck Liddell is among the most recognizable UFC fighters. What impact does his recent loss to Quinton Jackson have on UFC?

A It happens in this sport. Guys lose. Chuck is one of those fighters that's going to bounce back. He's a tough guy. ... You never know who's going to win. Chuck getting knocked out was the equivalent of Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson.
    i didnt know tyson got beat by douglass twice, the first one where tysons team threw in the towel must not have been filmed and was erased from everyones memory

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dana white - chuck - rampage = tyson - buster

Yeah how is it the equivilant Rampage beat Chuck down the first time. And the second time did it with the first punch he landed How was that a major MAJOR upset?
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themusic
    Q Chuck Liddell is among the most recognizable UFC fighters. What impact does his recent loss to Quinton Jackson have on UFC?

A It happens in this sport. Guys lose. Chuck is one of those fighters that's going to bounce back. He's a tough guy. ... You never know who's going to win. Chuck getting knocked out was the equivalent of Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson.
    i didnt know tyson got beat by douglass twice, the first one where tysons team threw in the towel must not have been filmed and was erased from everyones memory
    yea that is lol...

what a ridiculous comparison
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well to an uninformed fan it was a pretty big upset....Those of us that knew better knew that Chuck was in trouble, but to a new MMA fan here is what was known: Since beating Chuck the first time Quinton was 7-3 and had been brutally KO'd three times and had a less than concrete decision against Lindland. Chuck hadn't lost and won seven consectutive fights by KO. Jackson's "name wins" since he first beat Chuck are a SD over Ninja and a KO over Arona. Chuck has KO's over Ortiz(2), Couture(2) and Sobral. So to a new or just casual fan it was an upset. Even though I was picking against my man Chuck, I sure didnt expect the quick ending. But I do agree 45-1 odds it was not, but what promoter doesn't exagerate.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and the REALLY knowledgable fight fans know that Buster didn't even beat Tyson fairly. Tyson scored a KO but due to the slowest count in history, it didn't count.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Von Milash ]
    and the REALLY knowledgable fight fans know that Buster didn't even beat Tyson fairly. Tyson scored a KO but due to the slowest count in history, it didn't count.
    [/quote
    well we will just have to agree to disagree on that one....There is no way to know if Buster could have beaten a faster count, but he did get up....and then proceed to beat Mikes ASS!!!!
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't think it was a big upset. The only reason I think Chuck deserved the odds was because of his 7 win streak.

Rampage was 7-3 when he beat Chuck the first time, but that was before he started training with Tito at Big Bear and Hollywood Henderson and team Quest. If you look at his record since then you'll notice that its much better than before, not to mention his only 3 losses since then were against the 2 best fighters in the world at the time. I think he'll have the belt a long while, and while he isn't perfect I think we're seeing a better Rampage than there's ever been.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana white is full of shit and is corupt to hell...

That wasn't even an upset, me and about a million others were telling the wrold for a long time thatrampage was gunna spark chuck...

Tyson getting beat by buster was one of the biggest ever upsets!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    Umm no he got up at 9.5 he was waiting for the ref to count to 8 then he got up thats what boxers normally do when there knocked down and hurt and actually Dempsey vs Tunney was slower count that was like 17 seconds.

Thread Information