Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world is boxing banned?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Where in the world is boxing banned?

Do you know? I have been searching for the answer without success. What about:
    Sweden
    Libia
    Egypt
    Sudan
    Saudi Arabia
    Iraq
    Iran
    Pakistan
    India
    Anywhere else?

If you know please share your knowledge with me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Where in the world is boxing banned?

Pro boxing id banned in Cuba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Pro boxing id banned in Cuba.
    Thanks Preme! Cubas definately a 'given'. Any ideas on the others? Question's really bugging me!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

welcome to the baord, have your second CC on me, goodtopic, but honestly mate i cant really think of anywhere? wasn't there something about the phillipins banning boxing until that shit was sorted out where that kid got killd in the ring not long ago?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's banned in the Arab world.

They think throwing punches with padded gloves in a professional regulated sport is barbaric.

However throwing stones at a man and killing him because he stole a goat is considered justice.

Go figure

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and professional boxing is not allowed in Cuba, hence why the Cubans have such a great amatuer team.

Castro is on his way out now though so they may be allowed to turn pro soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

welcome to the baord, have your second CC on me, goodtopic, but honestly mate i cant really think of anywhere? wasn't there something about the phillipins banning boxing until that S*** was sorted out where that kid got killd in the ring not long ago?
    Thanks Preme. Egypt? Never heard of a top pro Egyptian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Oh and professional boxing is not allowed in Cuba, hence why the Cubans have such a great amatuer team.

I read about that Bilbo. Load of Amateurs where planning pro careers as soon as they can dance on his political grave.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambski
    welcome to the baord, have your second CC on me, goodtopic, but honestly mate i cant really think of anywhere? wasn't there something about the phillipins banning boxing until that S*** was sorted out where that kid got killd in the ring not long ago?
    Thanks Preme. Egypt? Never heard of a top pro Egyptian.
    I think the whole Middle East is more into racing camels and sand surfing. There's not much opportunity for fighting when the fighters and travelling fans have to trek across hundreds of miles of featurless desert to get to the venue only to find the ring has been deluged under 15 feet of sand during a sandstorm.

plus if your a crazed arab which is more entertaining, watching two guys fight with gloves according to strictly regulated rules, or watching a young woman stripped naked and stoned to death for having sex outside of marriage?

If they get there early and make to the front row they can even throw a few stones themselves. Much more fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the whole Middle East is more into racing camels and sand surfing. There's not much opportunity for fighting when the fighters and travelling fans have to trek across hundreds of miles of featurless desert to get to the venue only to find the ring has been deluged under 15 feet of sand during a sandstorm.

plus if your a crazed arab which is more entertaining, watching two guys fight with gloves according to strictly regulated rules, or watching a young woman stripped naked and stoned to death for having sex outside of marriage?

If they get there early and make to the front row they can even throw a few stones themselves. Much more fun.
    Lol! Strange that with such a lage population Pakistan & India are not turning out top 100 boxers?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure about this. Actually Sweden is interesting because I know there was a very serious push and it was supported by their medical association to ban under 17 boxing, but I haven't heard the ruling on that. It sounded like it was going to happen, my sociology professor brought it up knowing that I liked boxing.

As for Cuba, the embargo is going to be lifted as soon as Fidel dies and that will mean Cuban fighters can fight pro, and that Cuban cigars can be shipped here legally. My dad is a big Cigar smoker and he's checking on that situation every day.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ambski

Lol! Strange that with such a lage population Pakistan & India are not turning out top 100 boxers?
    Well I think Amir Khan is of Pakistani descent, somewhere near there and he should be one of the best boxers in the world within a few years. The Yemen had Naseem as well.

I guess they just don't have the infrastructure in their home lands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think Amir Khan is of Pakistani descent, somewhere near there and he should be one of the best boxers in the world within a few years. The Yemen had Naseem as well.

I guess they just don't have the infrastructure in their home lands
    Amir would tell you he's English as Fish 'n Chips!

I guess your right. With the poverty levels though, you'd have though at least 1% of the men would throw some gloves on.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Not sure about this. Actually Sweden is interesting because I know there was a very serious push and it was supported by their medical association to ban under 17 boxing, but I haven't heard the ruling on that. It sounded like it was going to happen, my sociology professor brought it up knowing that I liked boxing.

As for Cuba, the embargo is going to be lifted as soon as Fidel dies and that will mean Cuban fighters can fight pro, and that Cuban cigars can be shipped here legally. My dad is a big Cigar smoker and he's checking on that situation every day.
    I find that hilarious. Some world leaders conduct the most outragous acts of cruelty on their own people and neighbouring countires, live in luxery whilst there people starve to death and the world at large barely notices.

But millions of people around the world are eagerly waiting for the death of one world leader, so that they can buy their favourite brand from their local shop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah right man castro is gonna out live everyone on this forum right now. Dude was old back when kennedy was president.

Thread Information