Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kassim Ouma versus Sergio Mora on JMM/Barrios undercard

fight will be at 160, its on Dan Rafael's notebook, I don't see that anybody else has posted this

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=2905205

Not really sure what to think of this. Still don't get why Ouma's at 160. It could be good for him in that a lot of people know Mora. But not sure how much credit he'd get if he beat Mora, how many people think Mora's that good, except for Bilbo. I think he's actually underrated because of the contender but I'm still not sure how good he is.

Also possibly Steve Forbes versus Bojado. Didn't even know he was coming back.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kassim Ouma versus Sergio Mora on JMM/Barrios undercard

Danny G is a bigger fan of Mora than even me I believe

Anyways I like Sergio, think he's exciting to watch and a fight with Ouma should be a good matchup.

If he beats Ouma he deserves far more credit than he gets seeing as Ouma made Sechew Powell look ordinary and clueless and Jermain Taylor didn't look too hot against him either.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Danny G is a bigger fan of Mora than even me I believe

Anyways I like Sergio, think he's exciting to watch and a fight with Ouma should be a good matchup.

If he beats Ouma he deserves far more credit than he gets seeing as Ouma made Sechew Powell look ordinary and clueless and Jermain Taylor didn't look too hot against him either.
    It should be a pretty competitive fight unless Mora's just stepping up too far. He is faster than Ouma, neither guys power should be much of a factor, I guess its up to whether or not Mora can fight at a high pace the whole fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wtf is ouma doing staying at 160 ffs?

He should drop down to 154 where he can defo go into the fights with the best with a damn good chance of winning.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme

He should drop down to 154 where he can defo go into the fights with the best with a damn good chance of winning.
    Its a dumb idea. Who's managing him is my question, I don't think Golden Boy's doing a very good job with him. The Jermain Taylor fight didn't make sense, this doesn't really either.

It shouldn't matter that much here cause Mora's not really a big strong middleweight but I don't see a real future for Ouma at 160.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

Its a dumb idea. Who's managing him is my question, I don't think Golden Boy's doing a very good job with him. The Jermain Taylor fight didn't make sense, this doesn't really either.

It shouldn't matter that much here cause Mora's not really a big strong middleweight but I don't see a real future for Ouma at 160.
    guys like pavilk and meranda i think are below ouma in p4p terms, but if he was to fight one of them at middle they would batter him so badly, no way will he beat AA either. Why is he still there!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO he has a very decent chance of winning this fight! I do agree he should be at 154 but this could be a good solid win for him that could boost him in future fights if he stays at 160, IMO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    IMO he has a very decent chance of winning this fight! I do agree he should be at 154 but this could be a good solid win for him that could boost him in future fights if he stays at 160, IMO
    by that you meanhim getting sparked out sooner rather tha later;?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why would he get sparked out? He lasted pretty look with the number one in the weight devision and pushed him to a hard faught UD.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why would he get sparked out? He lasted pretty look with the number one in the weight devision and pushed him to a hard faught UD.
    Coz the 'number one'middle weight can't punch for shit and is a lazy SOB, taylor was punched out after ONLY 4 rounds...

AA, Miranda, Pavilk will beat ouma BAD because they are so much bigger and so much stronger and hit hard hard as hell...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think Ouma could do fairly well against Miranda. Miranda can't fight on the inside, or going backwards worth a shit. He can't box, he's there to be hit and I'm not totally convinced he's some massive puncher. He is a big puncher and the chance is there for him to connect and get the KO but I wouldn't be shocked if Ouma did well against Miranda.

But the other two I'm not really interested in seeing him fight. In general, he shouldn't be fighting there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't as mpressed by Ouma's showing v JT as most were. I thought he kept walking forward,and not doing anything. He is known for letting his hands go,and he didn't do that. He's a small 154 pounder,and thats where I think he should stay. I

think the big guys at 160 would demolish Kassim.Oumafan,you are right about the flaws of Miranda BUT I don't see Ouma taking advantage of them. Only a huge 160 pounder with murderous punch like Pavlik has been able to deal with Miranda and exploit his weaknesses.

I have only seen Mora fight once so I can't really comment on his abilities.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I

think the big guys at 160 would demolish Kassim.Oumafan,you are right about the flaws of Miranda BUT I don't see Ouma taking advantage of them. Only a huge 160 pounder with murderous punch like Pavlik has been able to deal with Miranda and exploit his weaknesses.

Maybe not, but still would rather him fight Miranda than Pavlik or Abraham, a Miranda fight would suit him better than those two. I don't even want to see a Miranda fight though, he should be at 154

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to Raymond Joval? Dont tell me Mora flaked again...Serigo "the Latin Flake" Mora....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good deal the fight is somewhat interesting I mean it will tell if Oumas is good but not good enough for the World Class (Being that he beats Mora) and if Mora can hang with a level above.

Thread Information