Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Castillo has a lot to prove

Someone in another thread stated that Castillo is shot and is only coming back for the money. While that statement might be dismissed by most fans, it may have some merit. Castillo's stock was highest at his first war with Diego Corrales. He showed the true blood and guts warrior traits that boxing fans love. However, his subsequent TWO weigh-in failures, and his last lackluster performance have certainly diminished his stature in the eyes of some of us fans.

So does Castillo have a lot to prove in this fight? Damn straight he does. For his sake, he'd better be treating it as a career-defining fight, because in many ways it is. A convincing win over a highly-regarded Hatton would serve to rectify his reputation. But a loss, especially a KO loss if he runs out of gas in the later rounds, would do nothing for his image. And God forbid he should not make weight for this fight as well. He may as well hang up the gloves for good.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Castillo has a lot to prove

When a guy performs like castillo in the corrales fight you never have to prove zip again
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think El Temible has anything else to prove. Obviously if he gets KO'd by Hatton is career is over, but he's had a stellar career to this point and if it's the end of the road so be it. I don't see him being KO'd though. He has never been counted out, he never even went down against Corrales.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    When a guy performs like castillo in the corrales fight you never have to prove zip again
    I was about to post something similar to this.

I was looking at JLC and Hattons records yesterday and I noticed that JLC has as many if not more KO's alone then fighters have fights, 17 yrs. is easily said but it's been a long time. You know something else I noticed? JLC has 7 losses 5 by KO, 4 out of the 5 KO's have happened in the 10th rd. I thought that was pretty interesting.
    But anyway my point being when you've had a career like his, at this point what the hell does he have to prove.
    Most people think he beat PBF, hes the sole person who is looked at in that way loosing to Hatton would be just another loss.

Which leads me to saying that is why I'm not hyped about the fight or really think it will help Hatton. I think it's a high risk, low reward fight for Hatton. For JLC it's a high risk and high reward fight. This is my personal opinion.
    Look at JLC career, look at his last 3 fights.
    He came overweight in 1 and should be VERY grateful Corrales was a man of his word and a warrior to even take the fight, he looke like shit against Reyes I mean possibly the worst fight hes ever fought. He struggled Herman and managed to edge out a decision.
    Call me crazy but this is just how I see it....

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al
    I was about to post something similar to this.

I was looking at JLC and Hattons records yesterday and I noticed that JLC has as many if not more KO's alone then fighters have fights, 17 yrs. is easily said but it's been a long time. You know something else I noticed? JLC has 7 losses 5 by KO, 4 out of the 5 KO's have happened in the 10th rd. I thought that was pretty interesting.
    But anyway my point being when you've had a career like his, at this point what the hell does he have to prove.
    Most people think he beat PBF, hes the sole person who is looked at in that way loosing to Hatton would be just another loss.

Which leads me to saying that is why I'm not hyped about the fight or really think it will help Hatton. I think it's a high risk, low reward fight for Hatton. For JLC it's a high risk and high reward fight. This is my personal opinion.
    Look at JLC career, look at his last 3 fights.
    He came overweight in 1 and should be VERY grateful Corrales was a man of his word and a warrior to even take the fight, he looke like S*** against Reyes I mean possibly the worst fight hes ever fought. He struggled Herman and managed to edge out a decision.
    Call me crazy but this is just how I see it....
    Absolutely how I see it as well, CC Mick.. Castillo has been a warrior for so many years there's no way to hold anything against him now.. Besides, if he is past his best, then that's just how it is... He can't mentally change what his body is doing or telling him.. To suggest that he has been lacklustre as of late because he just needs the money or whatever is also kind of backwards imo... Since he needs the money he should be more wary of impressing the fans then ever.. It's just the fact that he physically couldn't do it anymore, at least not at 135. And in his last fight, he was coming off a relatively long layoff stepping up to a new weight that he still has great difficulty making. Perhaps these people who are suggesting he isn't hungry or motivated anymore should try and get down to there fighting weight and see how easy that is, carrying almost no body fat for months(not to mention after a 17 year career with over 60 fights..). I believe Castillo will do everything he possibly can in and out of the ring to perform at his peak this saturday. For fans to hold it against him if he just can't do it anymore is plain dumb. He wouldn't be taking this fight if he wasn't motivated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Mick and P4P,aren't you really excited about this fight? I agree,if JLC is broke,he will bust his balls to win this fight because it will lead to more big money fights.

I don't think JLC needs to win to prove his legacy. World champion,involved in possibly the greatest fight of all time v Diego Corrales and the man who "beat" PBF the first time they fought. Coupled with over 50 professional wins,I think he has secured his legacy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    So Mick and P4P,aren't you really excited about this fight?
    Somewhat...
    I mean cause I think both fighters have a good reputation are among some of the more recognized names.
    I just don't think the fight means much if I'm honest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the only thing to me castillo has to prove is that he isn't shot, coz i firmly believe he is...

Coming back for the money, no i don't believe it - he is a warrior and someone will have to carry him out of the ring befoe he quits fighting in it.

it doesn't change the fact that IMO he doesn't have the heart anymore, and i wonder how much more he can take on the chin before that takes its tole too...

I see castillo as a lesser barrera... in his last three fights he has still showed he has the skill, still showed he can mix it - but lacked heart and real grit at the times it matterd.

My only hope is castillo is reall fired up at the chalenge of hatton, and his toe-to-toe style might bring the ebst out of JLC people have claimed. Then again i thought the same about the JMM v barrera fight and barrera didn't wanna get into it, just stay on the outside and box...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo has a lot to prove

honestly i think hatton has more to prove.

castillo did beat floyd once. beat casamayor and chico and a dozen more quality fighters than hatton has.

yea i know im bias, castillo is one of my fave but yea hatton has more to prove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo has had a great career but if he loses to Hatton it will be over. But he has left behind a great legacy. No one can say any different.

Thread Information