Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lets Talk About David Haye

I was watching some clips of this guy, and I like what I see in terms of speed and power... Is he staying Cruiser or gonna fight again as a Heavyweight

I think he could hang with Mormeck or Bell quite easily

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lets Talk About David Haye

He's going for the strap at Cruiser against Mormeck later in the year then the plan is to go to Heavy and dominate.
    I think he'll do a number on Mormeck and maybe have too much firepower and spark him
    He's more cautious now than before his only pro loss to Carl Thompson which was the best thing that ever happened to him imo.
    He's also started going to the body more which is an effective weapon as is the legendary Hayemaker that usually breaks his man down on it's own.
    Always gonna have a chance with that power but will it shift a full blown Heavy..?
    Not so sure you know

Interesting article here regarding the latest goings on..

The feud between Frank Warren and David Haye is set to continue following the promoter’s latest comments in his News of the World column. Haye, currently preparing for a challenge to WBC cruiserweight champion Jean Marc Mormeck, recently turned down Warren’s offer to meet Welsh banger Enzo Maccarinelli in Cardiff next month.

Efforts to bring Haye and Maccarinelli together similarly stalled in April with both sides predictably accusing the other of running scared. Enzo will now face the dangerous but erratic Wayne Braithwaite in the third defence of his WBO crown on July 21. Meanwhie Haye-Maccarinelli would appear to be officially dead in the water, but that hasn’t stopped both camps from renewing their hostilities in the press this week.

“David Haye said this week he would prefer to fight Jean Marc Mormeck rather than Enzo Maccarinelli – confirming he never fancied it against the Welshman,” began Warren in the NOTW today.

“The fight was there for Haye but he refused to sign. It’s a shame because I have been talking to Mormeck’s promoter Don King and we agreed we could have put on a cracking cruiserweight tournament. The winner of Haye-Maccrinelli could have faced whoever came through a fight between WBA/WBC champion Mormeck and IBF holder Steve Cunningham. Mormeck-Haye will now go to purse bids but I’m still not convinced Haye will make the 14st 4lb limit. Watch this space,” he continued.

Hmm. What odds on Warren collaborating with King to win the Mormeck-Haye bids to rub both “The Hayemaker’s” and his promoter Frank Maloney’s noses in it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also did the topic on the main board, just in case this guy is a best kept secret of the Brits

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is not improving, but the matchmaking has. Ive lost interest at first I was a fan.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, the only thing that gives him a chance is his power, but he doesnt have a good enough repetoir of punches or knowledge on how to put them together, other wise he would have finnished Thompson, Chris Eubank, a smaller man, had Thompson down numerous times but for his reluctance to finnish a hurt opponent to rear its ugly head.

Everyone here would have to admit that if he were to be scheduled to fight Enzo or Mormeck or any heavyweight, we would all wonder whether he could hold it together against them regardless of power

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not forget the Hobson gave Enzo hell in the first fight and exposed him as very chinny indeed. VERY chinny.
    Haye proved in the Fragomenni fight that he can dig deep if needed but i just can't see him being effective at the elite end of the Heavy division.
    They punch on another level of power imo.
    Let's see how it all unfolds anyway because it is do'able (is that a word ) just look what Holyfield achieved

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cmon now smash, Holyfield was a special fighter, he unified the cruiser division against very good fighters and had everything, stamina, resiliance, tenacity, skill and power

Now at least 2 of those we know Haye lacks (stamina and resiliance) the others are in question

Holyfield would not have lost to a 40 year old Thompson.

I dont particularly like Evander and consider him a steroid abuser along with Toney but in his cruiser days he would wipe the floor with Haye unquestionably

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think staying at Cruiserweight and struggling to make weight is robbing Haye of his speed and ability and the sooner he moves up the better.

Though reading quotes from his promoter Frank Maloney the other week he reckoned that Haye would make 1 or 2 defences at Crusierweight if he wins the belts off Mormeck.

At the moment David Haye is my favourite fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye beats Mormeck IMO, but I don't rate Mormeck anyway. Haye will struggle at heavyweight, there will be guys there who can take his punch and he won't be able to keep them off.

I'm a little peed off with both Haye and Macc at the moment, they're robbing the fans of good fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I want to see Macc step it up, because IMO, he's not in Haye's league right now.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Haye Would KO Enzo in 1 round

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    I think Haye Would KO Enzo in 1 round
    Man, I'm finding arguments everywhere I look on this board today...what is it about tuesdays that brings out the mischievous side of people. I guess it's that grumpy day where the last weekend has worn off and the next one is so far away.

And personally, I don't reckon Haye has beaten anyone more credible than Maccarinelli, and this fight against Braithwaite will edge Enzo back ahead in the race to be best British cruiserweight. And as for Macca's first outing with Hobson, I think Macca was just really unmotivated and hadn't trained much since he found out Johnny Nelson had dropped out. The second fight was more indicative of where the two fighters lie in comparison with each other.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really do have my doubts about just how honest that 2nd Hobson fight was you know.
    Enzo grazed (at best) him and i seriously doubt that would have even rocked my head back at all and Bang...down he goes.
    Hobson took some incredible shots all through the first bout and took them well and then goes down like a sack of sh*t from a half punch in the first
    I can't see Enzo taking Hayes power at all and it would probably come down to who landed their bomb first.
    I can just see Haye taking him out the first time he lands with that right hand.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    I really do have my doubts about just how honest that 2nd Hobson fight was you know.
    Enzo grazed (at best) him and i seriously doubt that would have even rocked my head back at all and Bang...down he goes.
    Hobson took some incredible shots all through the first bout and took them well and then goes down like a sack of sh*t from a half punch in the first
    I can't see Enzo taking Hayes power at all and it would probably come down to who landed their bomb first.
    I can just see Haye taking him out the first time he lands with that right hand.
    lol, I thought Hobson was beaten a bit too easily, but tbh, I didn't see it as a great fight for Enzo. I agree Haye KO's him, but I don't think Enzo is poor, it's just I rate Haye that highly. He impresses me every time I see him. I want to go to Wales for Enzo's fight because I want to believe in him. He has great power and potentional but he's never been tested against top class opposition. I think this will be a good test for him and it'll show what he's made of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye has never eally impressed me,I can see being outpointed by Mormeck and then his career will go into rapid decline. Then he can fight Audley Harrison.

Thread Information