Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Pacquaio better than Cotto?

I've watched the PAcquaio-Solis, and Larios fights quite a few times, and I've seen Cotto vs. Judah twice, and I can't help but feeling Cotto seems more effecient. He doesn't throw sloppy punches like Pacquaio does at time, he can throw combinations almost as well, and while he isn't as fast as Pacquaio Cotto hits harder. I think Judah is much better than either of those two, and Pacquaio was in trouble at times against both. I know Cotto has been hurt a few times, but so has Pacquaio. As far as I'm concerned these are the two best pressures fighters out there, and the gap is closing between them. I don't think Cotto is as good as Pacquaio yet, but soon he will be better if you ask me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Pacquaio better than Cotto?

CC - nice topic...
    I always have trouble comparing guys from different weight... as you move up in weight alot of times you have different ways to win fights...

but comparing cotto and pac i would have to pick pac because of his chin... i beleiev pac has the much better chin, everything else they are very close, but to me there is no question pac has a very good chin whilst cotto has a very suspect chin, torres hurt him and put him down numerous times, Judah, honestly should of knocked him out... if zab could of ket his head cotto would of been kayod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, Pacquaio got knocked out early on in his career. Larios hurt him in their fight, he was hurt a few times against Morrales. I felt there was no way he should have let Marquez back into their fight after that first round.

CC back.

I think its speed vs. power here, while both have more than enough abundance of both.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

honestly i class both of them as very very good fighters - but neither as elite in the grand scheme of things...

i mean right now they are elites in their weight... but overall prime for prime with the guys form yester-year they would be both found wanting...

Barrera(ok he is my favourite fighter ever) but in his prime no shit, he would take pac down - it wudnt be easy but he would out box him, out think him and stop him. as would morales and others from SFW

Cotto - again the greats from WW wouldof stopped him. no one even hearns (and i say hearns over other for his speed and power) would have an easy time with cotto. meayweather i pick to beat him, but it would be a long hard night...

but at the end both are very very good - but would never beat and elite on their best day imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    torres hurt him and put him down numerous times, Judah, honestly should of knocked him out... if zab could of ket his head cotto would of been kayod.
    Cotto has never being KD, besides the Torres fight KD which was a pulldown while being buzzed. Watch the Judah fight again and you'll see that he wasn't as hurt as people thought while watching the fight for the first time live.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by willnav
    torres hurt him and put him down numerous times, Judah, honestly should of knocked him out... if zab could of ket his head cotto would of been kayod.
    Cotto has never being KD, besides the Torres fight KD which was a pulldown while being buzzed. Watch the Judah fight again and you'll see that he wasn't as hurt as people thought while watching the fight for the first time live.
    mate cotto was hurt and hurt fucking bad more than once! don't be fooled by his "come forward style" that is what he had to do - he doesn't know how to go into defense mode and try to box his way out fo trouble!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by willnav
    mate cotto was hurt and hurt F****** bad more than once! don't be fooled by his "come forward style" that is what he had to do - he doesn't know how to go into defense mode and try to box his way out fo trouble!
    I agree torres floored him.. and judah came close a couple times he just didnt sustain offense when he got him hurt.. judah just would grab him for some reason.. I know alot of cotto fans around here (Dallas Texas) including me, and most think cotto's chin/D is his weakness. he got dropped by a 140 jr welter he can be dropped by a 147 margo, cintron.. cotto is also open for an over hand right especially when he gets his opponent against the ropes..

pac might be a little less effcient but alot more polished.. what pac does good, pac does great and pac is still in his prime and i think cotto can still get quite a bit better.. lb for lb i go with pac for the next year or two...

pac is an accomplished #2 ring p4p at the top of his game
    cotto is still an up and coming fighter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto has some tricks up his sleave on account of studying the way that some of the old fighter's have fought. He's not a great fighter, but he's a good fighter in my book.

I saw him try to do a drop-shift (changing feet and countering) on Judah, it wasn't set up properly but it shown me that he was more than a one trick fighter. He depends on his offense, and his defense does leave a lot to be desired. I think that would really show if he went up against a guy that doesn't offer much and can frustrate a guy like say perhaps Winky, or Bernard Hopkins.

Pacquiao still has a long ways to go but a good sign is that he's improving, and against big name competition he brings it all to the table.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Pac and Cotto prolly are the most currently exciting fighters.

But Pac accomplished more critical fights against big names and well tested that's why most critics voted him as no.2 or even no.1 p4p fighter.

p4p, Pac is better than Cotto.

Head to head, Cotto is better than Pac because of Cotto's natural size.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, Pacquiao has more big name fighters to his name and I'd like to see him take on other big name fighters. It'd be awesome if Pacquiao would move up to 140, and if any of the 147 guys go down in weight it'd make for some good competition for Pacquiao.

It's more likely that Pacquiao will stay within his weight class or even take a step down. At least he'll still be fun to watch.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac is a better brawler. cotto is a better boxer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course Pacquiao is better than Cotto right now.

Pacquiao is one of the top 3 fighters in the world, Cotto is most certainly not.

Pick a name.... Marquez, Barrera, Morales... any one of those 3 is/was better PFP than anyone Cotto has ever faced.

Cotto's last performance was great, but let's not make it something it isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

different styles of fighting. but in their record PAC is the best but Cotto is still unbeaten and every time someone says he will loose he looks better so let's see
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I've watched the PAcquaio-Solis, and Larios fights quite a few times, and I've seen Cotto vs. Judah twice, and I can't help but feeling Cotto seems more effecient. He doesn't throw sloppy punches like Pacquaio does at time, he can throw combinations almost as well, and while he isn't as fast as Pacquaio Cotto hits harder. I think Judah is much better than either of those two, and Pacquaio was in trouble at times against both. I know Cotto has been hurt a few times, but so has Pacquaio. As far as I'm concerned these are the two best pressures fighters out there, and the gap is closing between them. I don't think Cotto is as good as Pacquaio yet, but soon he will be better if you ask me.
    For me...it's a no.

Cotto's the better boxer, smarter fighter, & is more dynamic than Pacquiao.

Both have power...but Cotto puts his shit together better, IWO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Cotto's the better boxer, smarter fighter, & is more dynamic than Pacquiao.
    I'm not even that big of a Pacquiao fan, but what exactly has Cotto done that is more dynamic than Pac battering Barrera for 11 rounds, knocking out the great Erik Morales not once but twice, and engaging in a 12 round war with Juan Manuel Marquez??

Cotto has one big win, and it's over a guy who hasn't won in over 2 years and has lost virtually every big fight in his life.

Thread Information