Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koki Kameda, are the officials in his back pocket?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Koki Kameda, are the officials in his back pocket?

Does anyone know much about this young upstart fighting out of Japan? I've had the opportunity of seeing two of his fights on various video uploading sites. In one fight, against an opponent who's name escapes my mind, primarily because the video has been taken off of youtube, Kameda pushed the opposing fighter around the ring until he landed a hard low blow to win by knockout. In the other fight I saw, Kameda was fed a journeyman to showcase his skills. To me, it seemed like half of Japan was watching. They obviously put a lot of work into the production and the arena was packed. From what I hear, Japanese boxing fans tell me Japan is trying to manufacture Kameda into a Japanese Manny Pacquiao. Kameda is in my opinion, a paper champion. He has fought very limited opposition, even in his title defenses. Out of the other two flyweight champions I have seen, Kameda has to be the worst. There is an upside to him it seems, as he is only twenty years of age and clearly has good ability. Hes drawbacks included loading up on almost every shot and leaving himself open in the process, but the most disturbing thing to me as a boxing fan, is he showboats more than Naseem Hamed ever did. Kameda seems to have an overbearing father, whom I believe challenged Aaron Pryor as a professional and was very game before he was stopped. In one instance, Kameda went over to hug the aforemention opponent he stopped with a low blow, and Kameda's father pulled him off and seemed disgusted with the Mexican's corner for complaining. I've also heard that Kameda has one several controversial decisions by wide margins. I've yet to see either Landeta fight, but I expect to in the near future.

Japanese fans have also expressed to me that Kameda's father is a member of one Yakuza gang. I have no other information on that, so if anything is known, it would be appreciated if you could bring that to my attention.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Koki Kameda, are the officials in his back pocket?

Kameda is 20 years with only 15 pro fights. What kind of opposition you want him to face? To say he's a not for real is just fucking stupid. He won his title by beating Juan Jose Landaeta by SD (at 19 years old). In a fight in which he struggle but did enough to win. He gave Landaeta a rematch and dominated him in it. He has since left the Light Flyweight and moved up to Flyweight. Kameda knocked out the great Saman Sorjaturong in only his 7th fight and at 18 years of age. He also stopped former champion Noel Arambulet in his 9th fight. Kameda has struggled only once (Landaeta) in all his fights against very good opposition. The fact that Kameda father has gang ties means nothing. Kameda is a young champion getting better with age. So get off his fucking back with this bullshit nonsense. Kameda is the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Kameda is 20 years with only 15 pro fights. What kind of opposition you want him to face? To say he's a not for real is just F****** stupid. He won his title by beating Juan Jose Landaeta by SD (at 19 years old). In a fight in which he struggle but did enough to win. He gave Landaeta a rematch and dominated him in it. He has since left the Light Flyweight and moved up to Flyweight. Kameda knocked out the great Saman Sorjaturong in only his 7th fight and at 18 years of age. He also stopped former champion Noel Arambulet in his 9th fight. Kameda has struggled only once (Landaeta) in all his fights against very good opposition. The fact that Kameda father has gang ties means nothing. Kameda is a young champion getting better with age. So get off his F****** back with this bullshit nonsense. Kameda is the real deal.
    I'm sorry you aren't well read or even seemingly literate. Nothing was said about him not being a good fighter for his age. My post mainly centered around corruption in his fights. He won a fight with a low blow after fouling many times that same round and wasn't even cautioned once. How do you explain this away? I also made this post to see if anyone could explain further to me what I heard from Japanese fans over the internet.

The fact that Kameda father has gang ties means nothing.
    The fact that his father is in a gang does mean something. It could be tied to any corruption that goes along with Kameda's career. This is why I was inquiring about the matter.

I don't even want to get into how he earned his title shot in the first place. That will just spawn a debate on corrupt sanctioning bodies. To humor you though, I will argue your point since I disagree with your opinion of his level of opposition. I'm sorry, as an avid boxing fan for more than seven years, I've never even heard of Saman Sorjaturong. I did take the liberty of searching for his profile on boxrec and found that he was a thirty-five year old mini flyweight who had been knocked out three times before, two of which were in his four fights leading up to his battle with Kameda. He was absolutely dominated in his 2001 title shot against Yo Sam Choi, losing every round on every judge's scorecard before being stopped. When two years prior he had another battle with the same Choi, and seemed to be fairly competetive over twelve rounds. After his second fight with Choi, he went on to lose to a 4-0 fighter with only two knockouts at that point and subsequently was defeated by a 7-4 fighter. I guess Kimbo Slice is a p4p MMA fighter now that he's feasted on Rey Mercer? You've made my point for me, he is a former champion regardless of his age and he's being fed bums to build up his record. His last fight, after winning a world championship was against a terrororizing 5-1 fighter. I have yet to see either Landaeta fight, but I've heard both were very controversial. I give Kameda respect for taking on a man who at the very least fought him so close in an immediate rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Double Post. Please delete.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminated
    Kameda is 20 years with only 15 pro fights. What kind of opposition you want him to face? To say he's a not for real is just F****** stupid. He won his title by beating Juan Jose Landaeta by SD (at 19 years old). In a fight in which he struggle but did enough to win. He gave Landaeta a rematch and dominated him in it. He has since left the Light Flyweight and moved up to Flyweight. Kameda knocked out the great Saman Sorjaturong in only his 7th fight and at 18 years of age. He also stopped former champion Noel Arambulet in his 9th fight. Kameda has struggled only once (Landaeta) in all his fights against very good opposition. The fact that Kameda father has gang ties means nothing. Kameda is a young champion getting better with age. So get off his F****** back with this bullshit nonsense. Kameda is the real deal.
    I'm sorry you aren't well read or even seemingly literate. Nothing was said about him not being a good fighter for his age. My post mainly centered around corruption in his fights. He won a fight with a low blow after fouling many times that same round and wasn't even cautioned once. How do you explain this away? I also made this post to see if anyone could explain further to me what I heard from Japanese fans over the internet.

The fact that Kameda father has gang ties means nothing.
    The fact that his father is in a gang does mean something. It could be tied to any corruption that goes along with Kameda's career. This is why I was inquiring about the matter.

I don't even want to get into how he earned his title shot in the first place. That will just spawn a debate on corrupt sanctioning bodies. To humor you though, I will argue your point since I disagree with your opinion of his level of opposition. I'm sorry, as an avid boxing fan for more than seven years, I've never even heard of Saman Sorjaturong. I did take the liberty of searching for his profile on boxrec and found that he was a thirty-five year old mini flyweight who had been knocked out three times before, two of which were in his four fights leading up to his battle with Kameda. He was absolutely dominated in his 2001 title shot against Yo Sam Choi, losing every round on every judge's scorecard before being stopped. When two years prior he had another battle with the same Choi, and seemed to be fairly competetive over twelve rounds. After his second fight with Choi, he went on to lose to a 4-0 fighter with only two knockouts at that point and subsequently was defeated by a 7-4 fighter. I guess Kimbo Slice is a p4p MMA fighter now that he's feasted on Rey Mercer? You've made my point for me, he is a former champion regardless of his age and he's being fed bums to build up his record. His last fight, after winning a world championship was against a terrororizing 5-1 fighter. I have yet to see either Landaeta fight, but I've heard both were very controversial. I give Kameda respect for taking on a man who at the very least fought him so close in an immediate rematch.

If you don't know who Sorjaturong is without needing to do research first, than I wouldn't call myself an avid boxing fan. Cuz you fucking ain't. It's an insult to call you a boxing fan. You say Kameda won a fight by low blow, which one was that? You seen two of his fights, yet you already call him a paper champion who's being manufactured. How stupid is that? You use the word corruption regarding his fights. What fucking corruption? And as for his father? What you have proof of his gang ties? You have proof that Kameda fights have been influenced by outside sources? No. All you got is bullshit internet rumors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does someone have anything worth adding?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJDuJ...elated&search=

Here is the fight Kameda won with a low blow.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminated
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJDuJ...elated&search=

Here is the fight Kameda won with a low blow.
    The Carlos Bouchan fight. Yeah I seen that fight before. It was his 10th pro fight. And it look like a clean body shot to me. And even if it wasn't (which it was) the ref was completely out of position to see it. So how can you say there letting him get away with it? Aside for this fight (which only you have made an issue) what other corruption have there been in his fights?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think theres any corruption involving Kameda! Sure the 1st Landaeta fight was controversial but Koki gave himan immediate rematch & schooled him in the return! Kameda has the makings of a potential superstar IMO!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    I don't think theres any corruption involving Kameda! Sure the 1st Landaeta fight was controversial but Koki gave himan immediate rematch & schooled him in the return! Kameda has the makings of a potential superstar IMO!
    My thoughts exactly. Kameda is for real. Some of these new posters are straight fucking morons. Where does Saddo find some of these clowns?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thoughts exactly. Kameda is for real. Some of these new posters are straight F****** morons. Where does Saddo find some of these clowns?
    cc bro, but it's a little harsh. Everyones entitled to their own opinion. I think he may have just been trying to get some insight or debate going. Lets face it thats why we're on the forum.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thoughts exactly. Kameda is for real. Some of these new posters are straight F****** morons. Where does Saddo find some of these clowns?
    cc bro, but it's a little harsh. Everyones entitled to their own opinion. I think he may have just been trying to get some insight or debate going. Lets face it thats why we're on the forum.
    If he actually came up with some kind of facts than I would of gave him some credit. Instead of bullshit like "Kameda's father is a member of one Yakuza gang". Like that is even relevant. Not only that but he consider himself an avid boxing fan but didn't know who Saman Sorjaturong was. What kind of shit is that? Anyway, cc back

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he actually came up with some kind of facts than I would of gave him some credit. Instead of bullshit like "Kameda's father is a member of one Yakuza gang". Like that is even relevant. Not only that but he consider himself an avid boxing fan but didn't know who Saman Sorjaturong was. What kind of S*** is that? Anyway, cc back
    Sweet bro I understand, he might have only started following the game recently. At least he's a fan now. But I would suggest this to him... instead of focusing on negatives of the sport try to see the positives. Kameda is one of the brightest young stars out there today & we should embrace that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kobi ia atypical in the way he handles himself outside the ring. He shows disrepsect to both his opponents and to the press, but he has a hugh following of younger people. He has the goods and is a monster draw in Japan. I like him for some strange reason. Right now, he is the hottesT thing in boxing in JAPAN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Koki

Thread Information