sorri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Muslim boxer banned for refusing drug test

Quick note, muslims don't wear turbans, Sikh's do, dangerous to stereotype when you get them the wrong way round
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    If muslim men were allowed to wear turbans in the ring, imagine what muslim women would look like.

"How do you know it was the belt line?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanj16
    Quick note, muslims don't wear turbans, Sikh's do, dangerous to stereotype when you get them the wrong way round
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.
    If muslim men were allowed to wear turbans in the ring, imagine what muslim women would look like.

"How do you know it was the belt line?"

ha ha very very true
    but onli if you know

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    hey seane take it easy with the swearing man
    the person who doesnt believe ina God, has a problem imo. its common sense, even scientists say that everything is perfect like out bodies, the earth and the distance in which the sun is etc. they dont know why.

as for religions, im a very open minded person, i've checked out all of the religions and the only one that stands out as the truth is Islam. I went to several talks over the years where a christian and a muslim or a muslim or a jew would discuss their religions infront of a massive crowd. and Islam always came out on top, without mistakes. there are so many contradictions in other religions its unreal. not one in Islam. islam is the way of life for everyone, to get you in heaven. just for you information, Jesus and Moses are both prophets in Islam.

enough of the religious talks and back to boxing
    the guy won the tournament even tho he didnt take the test, thats good. imo he should have taken the test, did he have to show his genitals? isnt it enough for the person to just check the person for anything suspicious and then stand nearby?
    What drugs did you take to come to that conclusion?

People who put all there trust in a bearded man who lives on a cloud probably have more problems.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack
    http://www.sportsnut.com.au/category.php?intid=7

Brisbane boxer Omar Shaick has been suspended for two years after refusing to give a urine sample because of his religious beliefs.

This case really opens a minefield of litigation - I suspect he didn't want to do the test for other reasons.
    HOLD UP A MINUTE...

i thought the muslims said it was against thier religion to box, and thats why theyre into that abu dabi shit

if thats the case then thats pure bullshit, that he would choose to ignore 1 belief and not the other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ey seane take it easy with the swearing man Smiley
    the person who doesnt believe ina God, has a problem imo. its common sense, even scientists say that everything is perfect like out bodies, the earth and the distance in which the sun is etc. they dont know why.

as for religions, im a very open minded person, i've checked out all of the religions and the only one that stands out as the truth is Islam. I went to several talks over the years where a christian and a muslim or a muslim or a jew would discuss their religions infront of a massive crowd. and Islam always came out on top, without mistakes. there are so many contradictions in other religions its unreal. not one in Islam. islam is the way of life for everyone, to get you in heaven. just for you information, Jesus and Moses are both prophets in Islam.

Jesus was not a prophet, he was not a man like you are me basically he was created seperate.... this is the mot misunderstood par tof the bible... the flood all of thst was becuase human beings became tainted , dna wise sounds stupid but true, jesus the whole virign birth was this was a creation outside of human creation, the fall people created in their own image no longer in gods.. what do youy suppose that means? The whole creatio n was polluted the idea was that satan had tempted and defeated humanity but jesus basically paid a ransom for humanity... fear comes from satan love comes from god its as simple as that, i have beattled literall demons and I can tell you no man comes to the father except through jesus christ, you have been deceived... i will openly debate with any muslim anytime... I love muslims I love all people but I don not believ ethe muslim religon to be of god I beleiv eit to be lies mixed with truth.... muslims are decnedants of who?? Of people who originally rejected god in the old testament

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    Quote Originally Posted by SEANIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack
    http://www.sportsnut.com.au/category.php?intid=7

Brisbane boxer Omar Shaick has been suspended for two years after refusing to give a urine sample because of his religious beliefs.

This case really opens a minefield of litigation - I suspect he didn't want to do the test for other reasons.
    serves him right for believing in some stupid F****** religion as all religion is total F****** bullshit. theres no god no allah its all made up nonsense and if hes that F****** stupid to have any sort of religious beliefs then ive got F*** all sympathy for him.
    I'm not religious, but if I were you I'd retract this because you're going to piss quite a few people off mate.

I don't think he's going to offend anyone. Actually, if I was an athiest, I would be offended that I was being represented (at least in this situation) by someone who seemingly has no concept of simple grammar or punctuation. I'm not religious, but saying stuff like "fuck religion its bullshit ect ect" makes no one look bad except you.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good post, I have to admit even as a kid before I was ever introduced I believed in god, nothing makes sense without it, or may I add with it, neither makes sense which is why you can conclude theres a god, the first thing is god its as simple as that how couold anything create itself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart Lacy
    hey seane take it easy with the swearing man

enough of the religious talks and back to boxing
    the guy won the tournament even tho he didnt take the test, thats good. imo he should have taken the test, did he have to show his genitals? isnt it enough for the person to just check the person for anything suspicious and then stand nearby?
    No mistakes in Islam? I'm pretty sure both Moses and Jesus did not marry six year olds and have sex with nine year olds!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ho Hum.

Of course he should have been tested - there are millions of Muslim fighters in the world, and they are all subject to drug testing rules. If they fail the drug test, they should not only be banned from boxing but excommunicated from Islam as drugs are supposedly against Islam anyway. can't have it both ways. Its also against Islam to blow up innocent women and children, but that doesn't seem to stop the odd nutter.

We have someone here who chooses to use their supposed religion to excuse them from doing something that everyone else has to do. This is symptomatic of and reflective of those people who want to wear the veil in schools, or not eat school dinners, or whatever. Sadly, the religion is just a coathook to hang pre-existing grievances on. If he is such a pious Muslim, does he pray 5 times a day, fast during Ramadan and give a proportion of his earnings to the poor. You are either Muslim or not, as far as i see it and you can;t choose which bits apply and which ones don't suit you.

Just as sadly, however, is the fact that this makes the news. If a Christian boxer had refused a blood test (and they do all the time), it would not be big news and we naturally then get bitter as we subconsciously believe that only this chap and only Muslims are transgressing. Typical press propaganda.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Ho Hum.

Of course he should have been tested - there are millions of Muslim fighters in the world, and they are all subject to drug testing rules. If they fail the drug test, they should not only be banned from boxing but excommunicated from Islam as drugs are supposedly against Islam anyway. can't have it both ways. Its also against Islam to blow up innocent women and children, but that doesn't seem to stop the odd nutter.

We have someone here who chooses to use their supposed religion to excuse them from doing something that everyone else has to do. This is symptomatic of and reflective of those people who want to wear the veil in schools, or not eat school dinners, or whatever. Sadly, the religion is just a coathook to hang pre-existing grievances on. If he is such a pious Muslim, does he pray 5 times a day, fast during Ramadan and give a proportion of his earnings to the poor. You are either Muslim or not, as far as i see it and you can;t choose which bits apply and which ones don't suit you.

Just as sadly, however, is the fact that this makes the news. If a Christian boxer had refused a blood test (and they do all the time), it would not be big news and we naturally then get bitter as we subconsciously believe that only this chap and only Muslims are transgressing. Typical press propaganda.
    People will use anything as an excuse for their actions (drugs, religion, other people, etc.) but when it comes down to it, they are the ones that fully choose what they do. Everybody's responsible for their own actions.

The media is shot to all hell these days. People with mental illnesses (hippies and homosexuals) are celebrated while the typical person (the middle class makes up the most of any industrialized country) is belittled more and more. They have no problem showing one extremist killing 50 people but they have a huge problem showing a true muslim speaking out against extremists. Just like they'll show endless war footage to get the world to hate bush while they won't show the liberated towns where civillians are begging US soldiers to never leave. I guess that kinda stuff doesn't get ratings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by katfight
    Chris lol it ait muslim men that wear turbans it sikh's
    sorri
    I apologise for anyone that's wearing a turban reading this. I definately got a sad click out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    Ho Hum.

People will use anything as an excuse for their actions (drugs, religion, other people, etc.) but when it comes down to it, they are the ones that fully choose what they do. Everybody's responsible for their own actions.

The media is shot to all hell these days. People with mental illnesses (hippies and homosexuals) are celebrated while the typical person (the middle class makes up the most of any industrialized country) is belittled more and more. They have no problem showing one extremist killing 50 people but they have a huge problem showing a true muslim speaking out against extremists. Just like they'll show endless war footage to get the world to hate bush while they won't show the liberated towns where civillians are begging US soldiers to never leave. I guess that kinda stuff doesn't get ratings.
    Good post.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Thread Information