Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Which was the worst decision.....awarding Hatton the win over Collazo or Mayweather the win over cas

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who got screwed over the most....Castillo or Collazo?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who got screwed over the most....Castillo or Collazo?

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    What tends to get me pissed more than anything about people lamely going back 5 years to discredit Mayweather is..... YOU CANT REVERSE THE DESICIONS, YOU CANT REWRITE THE PAST.. People act like its the 1st time a questionable desicion has ever been rendered

The HONORABLE thing that can be done is a rematch... Floyd unhesitantly granted Jose a rematch to do right by the fans and Castillo...

I like Ricky a lot he is a nice fella. But I get so Arsed when people throw around the words HONOR and PRIDE, when in fact he Promised Collazzo a rematch on national television and then renegged.. I asked a few zealous Hatton fans why no rematch? they say well its old news, been there done that, he beat him, why bother for another fight...

My next question is. Where is the Honor and pride with the desire to fulfill your promises made and silence the critics who thought he lost
    The difference is that I think Hatton beat Collazo. I do think Collazo would be idea to fight in a step back up to 147 though. It would silence the likes of you! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What tends to get me pissed more than anything about people lamely going back 5 years to discredit Mayweather is..... YOU CANT REVERSE THE DESICIONS, YOU CANT REWRITE THE PAST.. People act like its the 1st time a questionable desicion has ever been rendered

The HONORABLE thing that can be done is a rematch... Floyd unhesitantly granted Jose a rematch to do right by the fans and Castillo...

I like Ricky a lot he is a nice fella. But I get so Arsed when people throw around the words HONOR and PRIDE, when in fact he Promised Collazzo a rematch on national television and then renegged.. I asked a few zealous Hatton fans why no rematch? they say well its old news, been there done that, he beat him, why bother for another fight...

My next question is. Where is the Honor and pride with the desire to fulfill your promises made and silence the critics who thought he lost
    because they know that it was really collazo's style that gave ricky trouble and not the weight even ricky nows it..because if it was the weight that gave him trouble being his first fight up there..why did he go bak down to 140? secondly if he isn't sure he can handle the weight why in the hell would he take his next possible fight at 147 with Mayweather and not a tune up with clottey or some other solid contender? Because he will be beaten..and when floyd gets done with him i'd still pay to see him and cotto fight at 147..because it will be a big version of corrales-castillo (i'm hoping)

It's all BS by hatton and his supporters know collazo would have beaten him and he would not have gotten his chance to win the lottery of upsets against floyd..
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

The difference is that I think Hatton beat Collazo. I do think Collazo would be idea to fight in a step back up to 147 though. It would silence the likes of you! :P
    Silence me.... Sorry there Cowboy JT aint the only one who thought Collazzo was a razor thin victory.. I like the way you avoided the principle of my post and picked out a small section.... :P

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather+Mosley

because they know that it was really collazo's style that gave ricky trouble and not the weight even ricky nows it..because if it was the weight that gave him trouble being his first fight up there..why did he go bak down to 140? secondly if he isn't sure he can handle the weight why in the hell would he take his next possible fight at 147 with Mayweather and not a tune up with clottey or some other solid contender? Because he will be beaten..and when floyd gets done with him i'd still pay to see him and cotto fight at 147..because it will be a big version of corrales-castillo (i'm hoping)

It's all BS by hatton and his supporters know collazo would have beaten him and he would not have gotten his chance to win the lottery of upsets against floyd..
    How can you be so sure that was probably one of Rickys worst performances but still won Collazo fought fight of his life and lost do you see the difference ??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collazo, got screwed over more, Mayweather didn't make the decision the judges did, Mayweather recognized, gave Castillo credit and offered him an immediate rematch. This is a completely relevant statement to the topic of this thread.

I had Hatton ahead by 1 point if not for the flash knockdown in the first round that would have been a draw for me. Ricky said publicly that he would give Collazo a rematch for the same reason that Mayweather did to Castillo, but did NOT follow through and
    went to fight a lesser opponent.

WHO GOT SCREWED MORE.......EASY COLLAZO...........
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

How can you be so sure that was probably one of Rickys worst performances but still won Collazo fought fight of his life and lost do you see the difference ??
    and how can you be so sure that ricky only had a bad night because of collazo? I'm pretty sure no one was saying "Ricky looks off" when he scored the knockdown in the first round...When collazo adapted and started to give him a competitve fight they started saying "oh ricky is off"..man please ricky is good but he isn't that good, not good enough that had he "allegedly been on" he would have blown collazo out. That wouldn't have happened on ricky's best night as I'm trying to say that collazo's style and not his weight is what made the difference and that would not change had ricky eaten his wheaties that morning it would have still been a close and competitve fight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    Before you read on just be aware tha i'm just interested in what my fellow saddonians opinions are on this topic. I already have my answer in my mind.

Just basically want to know in your opinion which was the worst decision....

Mayweathers 116-111, 115-111, 115-111 UD over Castillo

or...

Hatton's 115-112, 115-112, 114-113 over Collazo.

Out of those, Hatton got screwed the most cos watch the fight again, Hatton won that pretty comfortably score card wise, he won 9 rounds clearly without argument, only the 7th, 9th and 12th were giveable to Collazo.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

ICB Guest

and how can you be so sure that ricky only had a bad night because of collazo? I'm pretty sure no one was saying "Ricky looks off" when he scored the knockdown in the first round...When collazo adapted and started to give him a competitve fight they started saying "oh ricky is off"..man please ricky is good but he isn't that good, not good enough that had he "allegedly been on" he would have blown collazo out. That wouldn't have happened on ricky's best night as I'm trying to say that collazo's style and not his weight is what made the difference and that would not change had ricky eaten his wheaties that morning it would have still been a close and competitve fight...
    Because if you watch some Ricky fights and then watch Collazo fight its totally different i think mostly everyone agreed it was lacklustre performance from Ricky but he still won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it was lackluster against urango too? everytime he has a close rough fight exactly the way he likes it, but doesn't come out way ahead "he was off" that's too convenient

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo didn't get screwed. Collazo did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wasnt the weight? Come on so you are saying that was no relevence? Hatton was hardly throwing any punches after the 8th round, he was fucked, he wasnt use to fighting at such a pace with the extra weight, and what im saying is the weight he carried into the ring, he was around 160 i think which was to heavy, and if he fought at 147 again i fell he will come in on fight night a bit less than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983

It wasnt the weight? Come on so you are saying that was no relevence? Hatton was hardly throwing any punches after the 8th round, he was fucked, he wasnt use to fighting at such a pace with the extra weight, and what im saying is the weight he carried into the ring, he was around 160 i think which was to heavy, and if he fought at 147 again i fell he will come in on fight night a bit less than that.
    maybe he wasn't throwing punches because he was getting tagged on the way in? and again if he felt like it was off why didn't he fight him again? and if it was off and he isn't used to the weight why in the hell would go back down instead of fight another fight at 147...because if hopes to get in the ring with floyd at 147 why would he put himself in such an uncertain situation? that makes no sense "he wasn't used to the weight at 147, but his next fight at 147 will be against the best fighter in the world" that's retarded and just screams for an excuse when he loses....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fwockit!

I say they both got screwed.

Castillo had to take an ass whoopin twice to satisfy the Floyd critics & Hatton had to look piss poor twice to hand Castillo a critical beating.

Hands down...Castillo got screwed the most.

...but then again...so did Collazo.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it was lackluster against urango too? everytime he has a close rough fight exactly the way he likes it, but doesn't come out way ahead "he was off" that's too convenient
    For the Uranga fight he was ill, go watch the Setanta Sports build up if you dont think he was, because they showed the full build up to the fight, now you might say i always making excuses, but lets give Ricky a chance at 147, also Uranga is a tank Ricky couldnt bully him around like he likes to do, which was also a factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    For the Uranga fight he was ill, go watch the Setanta Sports build up if you dont think he was, because they showed the full build up to the fight, now you might say i always making excuses, but lets give Ricky a chance at 147, also Uranga is a tank Ricky couldnt bully him around like he likes to do, which was also a factor.
    i just want ricky to be at his best when he fghts floyd, and if he need a tune up at 147 he should do that...because if he isn't 100% the fight will be "lackluster" as you put it....

Thread Information