Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing History and Ring Science Ebooks

Dear Chris,
    Thanks for your lovely help and your great thread of books.
    yours,
    Emma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FANTASTIC, i have been looking for this stuff for 2 years now... Thanks Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dear Chris,

I'm an young boxing fan from Korea.
    I'm more interested in old boxing days and I was looking for some Jack Dempsey's book.
    That's how I came here and I just found out this article today.
    I'm shocked and astonished by your great great sharing.
    But unfortunately It seems most of links are not working.
    The thing is I want to eat them all, uhhhhhhhhh!
    I want them so bad.
    Could you help me, please?
    Sorry for my poor english.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyong pomilov,

I posted a lot of the books/articles on Rapidshare.com which automatically deletes files if no one downloads them within 30 days.

If there is a particular book/article that you are interested let me know which one, and I'll see if I can find it on my computer. I might not still have all of the files that I uploaded, but I'll do the best that I can to help you.

All the best
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    Anyong pomilov,

I posted a lot of the books/articles on Rapidshare.com which automatically deletes files if no one downloads them within 30 days.

If there is a particular book/article that you are interested let me know which one, and I'll see if I can find it on my computer. I might not still have all of the files that I uploaded, but I'll do the best that I can to help you.

All the best
    Chris - do you have a copy of the Barney Ross "Fundamentals of Boxing"?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He also wrote Boxing's Dirty Tricks and Outlaw Killer Punches. It goes over hitting with the sides of the glove, headbutting, and leaning in a clinch. There's no other info that I can find on him other than that he used to advertise his books in Ring Magazine many years ago.
    Do you know if this book is available to share?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyong pomilov,

All the best

can you send me the edwin l haislet book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by kld463 View Post
    Anyong pomilov,

All the best

can you send me the edwin l haislet book
    Awesome thread! Is there anyone who has a copy of Edwin Haislet book that he can upload? And if anyone has anything with Jesse Rodriguez I would be really happy =) DVD, PDF or so. Just anthing from him I would be really glad to get my hands on.
    Last edited by FedorG; 11-14-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure where Chris has gone he would be the one with that book on file.
    As for the other, Ill post out 6 dvds on Monday as discussed mate.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Not sure where Chris has gone he would be the one with that book on file.
    As for the other, Ill post out 6 dvds on Monday as discussed mate.
    Thanks mate! Really looking forward to the DVD's :-)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure if anyone who requested Edwin Haislet's book via PDF format still needs it, but posting a link here for future readers/lurkers

Edwin Haislet - Boxing
    Boxing : Edwin Haislet : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
    Last edited by Stickgrappler; 02-05-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: bolded and enlarged title/author
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxing History and Ring Science - Free eBooks

Boxing: A Cultural History

Boxing is one of the oldest and most exciting of sports: its bruising and bloody confrontations have permeated Western culture since 3000 BC. During that period, there has hardly been a time in which young men, and sometimes women, did not raise their gloved or naked fists to one other. Throughout this history, potters, sculptors, painters, poets, novelists, cartoonists, song-writers, photographers and film-makers have been there to record and make sense of it all.

In her encyclopaedic investigation, Kasia Boddy sheds new light on an elemental sports and struggle for dominance whose weapons are nothing more than fists. Boddy examines the shifting social, political and cultural resonances of this most visceral of sports, and shows how from Daniel Mendoza to Mike Tyson, boxers have embodied and enacted our anxieties about race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality. Looking afresh at everything from neoclassical sculpture to hip-hop lyrics, Boxing explores the way in which the history of boxing has intersected with the history of mass media, from cinema to radio to pay-per-view. The book also offers an intriguing new perspective on the work of such diverse figures as Henry Fielding, Spike Lee, Charlie Chaplin, Philip Roth, James Joyce, Mae West, Bertolt Brecht, and Charles Dickens.

An all-encompassing study, Boxing ultimately reveals to us just how and why boxing has mattered so much to so many.

Download
    Mirror

another mirror:

Boxing: A Cultural History : Kasia Boddy : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looong day at work... flew solo... didn't think I saw this posted in this thread, if so already, consider it a mirror.

Champ Thomas - How to be an Ass Whipping Boxer
    Champ Thomas - Boxing : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Henry Cooper 1934-2011: The Authorised Biography
    By Robert Edwards

The story of Britain's greatest boxing hero and his famous left hook

Henry Cooper is best remembered for the night when he nearly changed the course of boxing history. On July 19, 1963, he fought the up-and-coming Cassius Clay, later to become Muhammad Ali, and his famous left hook, "Henry’s Hammer," dumped Clay on the canvas, raising "the biggest cheer in boxing history." Henry went on to record many notable victories. Arguably Britain's greatest ever heavyweight fighter, he won 40 of his 55 professional fights, beating most of the true boxing greats. His story also includes the legendary names of boxing: Rocky Marciano, Floyd Patterson, Sonny Liston, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, and, of course, Ali. Boxing was not the end of Henry's time in the public eye. He was the ideal elder statesman of the sport, and a successful media career followed his retirement in 1971. Disaster hit, however, when his innocent involvement in the scandal of the Lloyd's Names meant that he lost heavily, and had to sell off his unique collection of three Lonsdale belts to pay his bills. This is the biography of a fascinating man, but even more, an insight into an age now lost to us.

EPUB
    184358946X.henry.cooper.epub (2,05 MB) - uploaded.net

MOBI
    184358946X.henry.cooper.mobi (2,34 MB) - uploaded.net

__________________________________________________ __

Henry Cooper: A Hero for All Time
    By Norman Giller

When Sir Henry Cooper died in May this year the depth of affection in the tributes that filled the press were a testament to his remarkable popularity. Put simply, Henry Cooper was the nation's favourite boxer; a gentleman and a great sportsman of whom Muhammed Ali - who Cooper famously floored in 1963 - remarked, Henry Cooper hit me so hard my ancestors in Africa felt it.A" Sir Henry's popularity transcended boxing and he became an even bigger national hero in the years after his retirement at the end of a 27-year fight career in 1971. He was the first person to be twice voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year. During his fighting career he was the only boxer to win three Lonsdale Belts outright, was undefeated European and 'Empire' champion and the British title-holder for more than eleven years. Originally planned as an autobiography, and written using interviews with the author recorded before Sir Henry death, A Hero for All Time is a well-informed and intimate biography that puts his life and extraordinary boxing career into fresh focus. It includes in-depth summaries of the major fights with new commentaries from Sir Henry. It also includes many previously untold stories about his boxing career and paints an intimate portrait of a man whose courage, skill and sportsmanship lifted him into the land of sporting legend.

EPUB
    1849541590.henry.cooper.epub (7,34 MB) - uploaded.net

MOBI
    1849541590.henry.cooper.mobi (7,52 MB) - uploaded.net

__________________________________________________ __________

Muhammad Ali: Boxing Champ & Role Model
    By Thomas Owens

2011 | 113 Pages | ISBN: 1617147524 | PDF | 12 MB

Sports are not always about the score at the end of the game. Some athletes are able to transcend sport into other parts of life, using their fame and fortune to impact the world around them. This series introduces some of the greatest athletes of all time whose influences on sport and society have lasted long after their playing days ended.

Download

__________________________________________________ __________

PacMan: Behind the Scenes with Manny Pacquiao
    By Gary Andrew Poole

English | ISBN: 0306820455 | edition 2011 | EPUB | 304 pages | 2 MB

With his shellacking of Antonio Margarito in November 2010, Manny “PacMan” Pacquiao became the only boxer ever to win eight world championships in eight different weight classes. Proclaimed the “fighter of the decade” by ESPN and recently elected Congressman in the Philippines, he is an inspiration to his countrymen. But to many, he remains an enigma. In PacMan—named one of the best sports books of 2010 by the Guardian—Gary Andrew Poole pulls back the curtain in an “amazing tale of how a reed-thin Filipino, who left his home in the poorest pocket of the Philippines (“TheCity of Dust”) at the age of 15…became one of the most recognizable names and faces in the world.”—Dallas Morning News

PacMan.epub (2,02 MB) - uploaded.net
    PacMan.epub (2.02MB)

__________________________________________________ _________

Boxing: Amateur Boxing Association Coaching Manual
    By Kevin Hickey

Kaye & Ward Ltd | 1980 | ISBN: 0718211901 | English | 304 pages | Scanned PDF | 14.84 MB

Contents: Foreword by Harry Carpenter. The Sport of Amateur Boxing. The Art and Science of Coaching. Fundamental Boxing Techniques. Advanced Techniques. Understanding Fitness. Circuit Training. Intermittent Training. Weight Training. Competition. The Medical Aspects of Amateur Boxing. Planning the Programme. Appendix.

DepositFiles
    Boxing the Amateur Boxing A…pdf (14,84 MB) - uploaded.net
    Бесплатный файлообменник TurboBit.net — обмен файлами до 100 Гб, бесплатный хостинг файлов (Turbobit not available in USA)
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knockout: The Boxer and Boxing in American Cinema
    By Leger Grindon

2011 | 320 Pages | ISBN: 1604739886 | PDF | 4 MB

Knockout: The Boxer and Boxing in American Cinema is the first book-length study of the Hollywood boxing film, a popular movie entertainment since the 1930s, that includes such classics as Million Dollar Baby, Rocky, and Raging Bull. The boxer stands alongside the cowboy, the gangster, and the detective as a character that shaped America's ideas of manhood. Leger Grindon relates the Hollywood boxing film to the literature of Jack London, Ernest Hemingway, and Clifford Odets; the influence of ring champions, particularly Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali; and controversies surrounding masculinity, race, and sports.

Knockout breaks new ground in film genre study by focusing on the fundamental dramatic conflicts uniting both documentary and fictional films with compelling social concerns. The boxing film portrays more than the rise and fall of a champion; it exposes the body in order to reveal the spirit. Not simply a brute, the screen boxer dramatizes conflicts and aspirations central to an American audience's experience. This book features chapters on the conventions of the boxing film, the history of the genre and its relationship to famous ring champions, and self-contained treatments of thirty-two individual films including a chapter devoted to Raging Bull.

Knockout.pdf (4,09 MB) - uploaded.net
    Knockout.pdf (4.09MB)

Thread Information