Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who,What & How

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's On!!! Pavlik Vs Taylor(September 29, 2007)Poll

I would love to see Pavlik win this fight by KO, however I think we are going to see a renewed JT and he will caputre a UD. Didn't Taylor beat Pavlik in the amateurs? If thats the case then Pavlik may have insecurities fighting Talyor or doubt himself a little, but then again the amatuers were along time ago. I really can't wait to see this fight though, should be a good one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor can't even knock out a chinny welterweight how the hell is he going to stop Pavlik who was unmoved by Mirandas bombs

If the fight goes the distance Taylor on account of having bought two of the judges has already won on two card 115-113. The independent judge who hasn't been bought will score the fight fairly and it will read something like 120 -109 Pavlik so a split decision win for Taylor then.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermain Taylor will outbox Kelly with ease. I know that many people are down on Jermain right now due to the fact he fights guys smaller then him. He put on a terrible performance against Corey Spinks who by the way can make anyone look bad.

Jermain is a guy who fights at the level of his opponent. They stink he stinks. They are at their best he is at his best. One day that will come back to bite him in the rear end but Kelly Pavlik is not that guy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I give Taylor credit. He doesn't shy away from the competition. Taylor hasn't looked all that great in his last 2 fights. But it don't matter, he still came out with the win. Pavlik is a good, strong fighter. He was impressive in beating Miranda. But that's been his only note worthy win. He deserves his title shot. But I don't think he wins it. Taylor by mid to late round stoppage.
    any reason why you think Taylor will stop him?

To me the winner will be decided by taylor, if he truns up hungry he will take the UD, otherwise pavilk will stop him or take the UD...

No way do i see the soft hitting taylor stopping pavilk tho, not after he took some big big shots from miranda and didn't get stopped. Taylor couldn't stop guys like ouma or spinks, guys whos punches he could walk through, pavilk wont be stopped by taylor.
    Taylor is a better fighter than Miranda. He's more technically sound offensively. And his defense is way better than Mirandas. Also while Pavlik did take some shots from Miranda, the shots he took were not Miranda's best. Miranda spent most of the fight going backwards. He never really got in a groove offensively. Pavilk can not fight Taylor the same way he fought Miranda. If he does. Taylor will knock him out.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give Taylor credit. He doesn't shy away from the competition. Taylor hasn't looked all that great in his last 2 fights. But it don't matter, he still came out with the win. Pavlik is a good, strong fighter. He was impressive in beating Miranda. But that's been his only note worthy win. He deserves his title shot. But I don't think he wins it. Taylor by mid to late round stoppage.

To me the winner will be decided by taylor, if he truns up hungry he will take the UD, otherwise pavilk will stop him or take the UD...

No way do i see the soft hitting taylor stopping pavilk tho, not after he took some big big shots from miranda and didn't get stopped. Taylor couldn't stop guys like ouma or spinks, guys whos punches he could walk through, pavilk wont be stopped by taylor.
    Taylor is a better fighter than Miranda. He's more technically sound offensively. And his defense is way better than Mirandas. Also while Pavlik did take some shots from Miranda, the shots he took were not Miranda's best. Miranda spent most of the fight going backwards. He never really got in a groove offensively. Pavilk can not fight Taylor the same way he fought Miranda. If he does. Taylor will knock him out.

Exactly as i see this unfolding,Miranda made Pavlik look good and will bring the best out in Taylor.
    Pavlik can only fight one way and that is why he'll lose,Taylor is gonna be a huge step up in class for him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup

CC Smashup

I agree with you

I feel that Miranda's style complimented Pavlik and he basically outbombed him. I can't see that sort of fight unfolding here....i can't see it being exciting either.

I'll be rooting for Pavlik and he does have a chance if he makes a fast start and maintains a decent pace but i have a feeling the gulf in class is going to be quite large and Pavlik will struggle to get his shots off.

As much as Taylor bores me to death, he's got some balls.

Exactly as i see this unfolding,Miranda made Pavlik look good and will bring the best out in Taylor.
    Pavlik can only fight one way and that is why he'll lose,Taylor is gonna be a huge step up in class for him.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kelly looked really good in his fight with miranda but i can't really give pavlik anything else....i'd pick taylor over both pavlik and miranda due to his overall boxing ability over both of those hard punchers.....this is one of those fights where i can see how people can say pavlik by ko but i don't see taylor letting that happen....
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On the prefight hype of Jermain vs Bhop 1 ,Jermain kept saying "there is a new face in boxing" .I think There is going to be yet another "new face" and thats Kelly Pavlik's face.

I pick Pavlik by KO. The only thing you can go one is there past opposition and I think Miranda was better than people give him credit for because he got beat so convincingly by Pavlik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor takes Pavlik to school I am confident that when the heat is on Taylor is just on another level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and " NEW " Middleweight champion of the world

Taylor has been on a steady decline IMO , over the last few years.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thewhale
    Taylor takes Pavlik to school I am confident that when the heat is on Taylor is just on another level

He is but his heart just ain't in it unless he's MADE to fight i'm afraid.
    His attitude towards boxing stinks and he bores me to tears with the 2 Hopkins meets an utter disgrace to the fight game.
    The way Manny spoke to him just before the 12th against Spinks sums the man up in a nutshell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody going to do an official picks on this fight im not they are hard work i did Calzaghe vs Kessler and that fight looks no closer.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really can't decide here....
    I see this in 2 lights.....

1st I think JTs a bit too slick for Pavlik to be able to catch him full on.
    However JTs not invisible and he will get hit I just dont think it'll be full on... JT on the norm steps away from the punches so that can be an issue for Pavlik.

2nd I think Pavliks power can hurt JT. I think Pavliks shut many people up INCLUDING ME with his last outing... No excuses he flat out beat Miranda.
    So I don't know man...

Can Pavlik catch the more slicker fighter in JT?
    Can JT be slick enough for Pavlik for 12 full rounds?

I'm gonna have to think more on this one here...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I'm really can't decide here....
    I see this in 2 lights.....

1st I think JTs a bit too slick for Pavlik to be able to catch him full on.
    However JTs not invisible and he will get hit I just dont think it'll be full on... JT on the norm steps away from the punches so that can be an issue for Pavlik.

2nd I think Pavliks power can hurt JT. I think Pavliks shut many people up INCLUDING ME with his last outing... No excuses he flat out beat Miranda.
    So I don't know man...

Can Pavlik catch the more slicker fighter in JT?
    Can JT be slick enough for Pavlik for 12 full rounds?

I'm gonna have to think more on this one here...
    I don't see it being that hard of a decision. Taylor is the more skilled fighter. The more polished fighter. And he's the more experienced fighter. Pavlik is the harder puncher. And I'm sure he'll land some punches. But Taylor never shown a weak jaw. I see Taylor establishing his "missing in action" jab early. Than breaking Pavlik down in the middle rounds.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik will KTFO Taylor early. Cory Spinks straight right made Jermain cautious, Pavliks right is gonna have him dancing around the ring. I give Taylor props for taking this fight, but hes gonna get damaged in this one. After this one Pavlik will move up to Supermiddle and target the belt holders.

Thread Information