Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who,What & How

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's On!!! Pavlik Vs Taylor(September 29, 2007)Poll

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Pavlik will KTFO Taylor early. Cory Spinks straight right made Jermain cautious, Pavliks right is gonna have him dancing around the ring. I give Taylor props for taking this fight, but hes gonna get damaged in this one. After this one Pavlik will move up to Supermiddle and target the belt holders.
    And Fulgencio Zuniga right put Pavilk on his ass

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm taking Pavlik on a KO....Taylor isn't a real slickster, so I don't see him attempting to out box Kelly, and I haven't been impressed with his power. I never really saw Bhop, Winky, Ouma or Spinks really hurt. JT may try to box, but eventually he will have to bang with Kelly and I think Pavlik has the better chin and power.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Taylor can't even knock out a chinny welterweight how the hell is he going to stop Pavlik who was unmoved by Mirandas bombs

If the fight goes the distance Taylor on account of having bought two of the judges has already won on two card 115-113. The independent judge who hasn't been bought will score the fight fairly and it will read something like 120 -109 Pavlik so a split decision win for Taylor then.........
    Bilbo, WTF r u talkin about? Taylor can't knockout junior middles that run all night long around him, that's how you should have written it. And I don't know if Miranda had the time and balance to throw bombs at Kelly, all merit to Pavlik though for having his man pressured against the ropes from early on in the fight...

Lou DiBella can't buy judges in Vegas, maybe in Memphis, not definitely in Vegas so fortune telling aside, Kelly can't definitely pressure JT to the ropes with relentless long armed, loose muscle, two fisted attack and even though he has a lot of snap in both left jab and right lead, Jermain will slip punches underneath and score a thunderous right underneath Kelly's punching line that I would be tremendously surprised if Kelly can take... Jermain has a lot of flaws yes but his right cross is like a fast train, a pile driver or a cement block that no gutsy middle can disregard!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I'm really can't decide here....
    I see this in 2 lights.....

1st I think JTs a bit too slick for Pavlik to be able to catch him full on.
    However JTs not invisible and he will get hit I just dont think it'll be full on... JT on the norm steps away from the punches so that can be an issue for Pavlik.

2nd I think Pavliks power can hurt JT. I think Pavliks shut many people up INCLUDING ME with his last outing... No excuses he flat out beat Miranda.
    So I don't know man...

Can Pavlik catch the more slicker fighter in JT?
    Can JT be slick enough for Pavlik for 12 full rounds?

I'm gonna have to think more on this one here...
    I don't see it being that hard of a decision. Taylor is the more skilled fighter. The more polished fighter. And he's the more experienced fighter. Pavlik is the harder puncher. And I'm sure he'll land some punches. But Taylor never shown a weak jaw. I see Taylor establishing his "missing in action" jab early. Than breaking Pavlik down in the middle rounds.
    The jab will definatly show up...he better throw it hard and early to keep pavlik off him and off any type of rhythm.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I'm really can't decide here....
    I see this in 2 lights.....

1st I think JTs a bit too slick for Pavlik to be able to catch him full on.
    However JTs not invisible and he will get hit I just dont think it'll be full on... JT on the norm steps away from the punches so that can be an issue for Pavlik.

2nd I think Pavliks power can hurt JT. I think Pavliks shut many people up INCLUDING ME with his last outing... No excuses he flat out beat Miranda.
    So I don't know man...

Can Pavlik catch the more slicker fighter in JT?
    Can JT be slick enough for Pavlik for 12 full rounds?

I'm gonna have to think more on this one here...
    I don't see it being that hard of a decision. Taylor is the more skilled fighter. The more polished fighter. And he's the more experienced fighter. Pavlik is the harder puncher. And I'm sure he'll land some punches. But Taylor never shown a weak jaw. I see Taylor establishing his "missing in action" jab early. Than breaking Pavlik down in the middle rounds.
    It sounds easy....
    Everything you say are posibilities...
    The fire and rage that I saw on Pavlik the night he stopped Miranda was amazing!! The look on his face was there you could tell he knew what beating Miranda ment.
    I just don't see this fire and desire in JT. I'm sorry but I don't it's his (JTs) on fault that people don't belive in him I mean his own people (In a clip shown where he was gfetting his hiarcut) were clowning on his style and how he lacks aggressiveness.
    Another thing is I think Pavlik will bring out the best in JT....

Like is said it's pretty difficult for me since I ain't big on either one for those who are calling out rds. and clear cut wins that's cause their hard core fans of the fighters for me I just don't see a clear winner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest
    Pavlik will KTFO Taylor early. Cory Spinks straight right made Jermain cautious, Pavliks right is gonna have him dancing around the ring. I give Taylor props for taking this fight, but hes gonna get damaged in this one. After this one Pavlik will move up to Supermiddle and target the belt holders.
    And Fulgencio Zuniga right put Pavilk on his a**
    2005 - WON VACANT NABF M TITLE - on 10-7-05 in Las Vegas, NV, he TKO’d Fulgencio Zuniga (17-1-1): it was a fast-paced, exciting fight; Zuniga scored a knockdown with a left hook in the 1st round, but Kelly recovered quickly, dominated most of the rest of the fight, and wore him down; Zuniga was cut over his right eye by a clash of heads, and his corner stopped the fight after the 9th round; after nine rounds, Kelly led by scores of 88-83, 87-83, 87-83; after the fight, he said, “I got it under my belt. He’s a pretty strong guy. I know I should have fought from the outside, but you can’t always do it. He had sneaky quickness.”…
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking for that Pavlik Knock down now, I'm interested in seeing it,I'm wondering if it was an off balance flash knock down or the real thing.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor has never kissed the canvas? He may well have a good chin but I dont think hes fought anyone with Pavliks power. Hopkins being the hardest hitter hes probably faced. Thats not bad but I think Pavlik has a little more just from what I've seen of them both. Pavlik did face Taylor in the amatuers...lol...Pavlik claims he should have won that fight.....of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I took Taylor by KO. I think Jermain finally get's someone to stand in front of him. I think he can handle Pavlik. Should be a hell of a fight though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Landon
    On the prefight hype of Jermain vs Bhop 1 ,Jermain kept saying "there is a new face in boxing" .I think There is going to be yet another "new face" and thats Kelly Pavlik's face.

I pick Pavlik by KO. The only thing you can go one is there past opposition and I think Miranda was better than people give him credit for because he got beat so convincingly by Pavlik.
    Please explain. I can't see how beating anybody convincingly means that that person is better than people give him credit for.
    "Even Roy Jones was forced to 'Lean Back'"

- Fat Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally, a true Middleweight will show Jermaine Taylor what it means to actually fight like a champion!!! I thought his style was too straight up for Miranda, but his agression and size overcame all else. Please remember NO ONE ELSE jt has faced is as big as Pavlik. Also, I will have to check this, but didn't Pavlik already beat him in the amateurs?

Either way, I can't wait to see this fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor can't even knock out a chinny welterweight how the hell is he going to stop Pavlik who was unmoved by Mirandas bombs

If the fight goes the distance Taylor on account of having bought two of the judges has already won on two card 115-113. The independent judge who hasn't been bought will score the fight fairly and it will read something like 120 -109 Pavlik so a split decision win for Taylor then.........
    Bilbo's got it right on time! For those who say that Taylor ducks no one, please remember that he won all FOUR belts from Hopkins, but then REFUSED to fight Abraham (who Miranda fought) and Sturm (who many think beat DLH). He gave up those two belts, then went from 'hungry' to 'biggest payday.' The Winky fight was not a mandatory, but it would have been since Winky was the #1 for BOTH of his belts. Personally, I like all three of them over Taylor in a fight.

For those who are in the UK, please know that DiBella (promoter) and HBO have a 'kissin' cousins' relationship (via Trinidad/Hopkins days), and the rest was outlined by Bilbo. Clearly, it's more complex than that, but you have to think it odd that Bernard was a small Mwt who fought real guys, and Jermaine is a full Mwt who only now is fighting someone his size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT beat Pavlik in the Olympic trials by points. Kelly will be the first to admit that he lost but had the chance to win if he would have fought like he was trained. Kelly was 17 and JT was 21 at the time. That made a big difference then. Now Kelly has developed his power a lot and his skills a little more. I personally can't wait for the fight and IMO Pavlik win by KO by round 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zupg
    JT beat Pavlik in the Olympic trials by points. Kelly will be the first to admit that he lost but had the chance to win if he would have fought like he was trained. Kelly was 17 and JT was 21 at the time. That made a big difference then. Now Kelly has developed his power a lot and his skills a little more. I personally can't wait for the fight and IMO Pavlik win by KO by round 8.
    Thx Dibbs... I like the prediction, because he's gonna have to KO Taylor. It will be a cold day in hell before

1. Taylor loses a decision in a DiBella promotion, or
    2. Taylor fights outside of DiBella promotion, which is why he wouldn't go to Germany.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria

Bilbo's got it right on time! For those who say that Taylor ducks no one, please remember that he won all FOUR belts from Hopkins, but then REFUSED to fight Abraham (who Miranda fought) and Sturm (who many think beat DLH). He gave up those two belts, then went from 'hungry' to 'biggest payday.' The Winky fight was not a mandatory, but it would have been since Winky was the #1 for BOTH of his belts. Personally, I like all three of them over Taylor in a fight.

For those who are in the UK, please know that DiBella (promoter) and HBO have a 'kissin' cousins' relationship (via Trinidad/Hopkins days), and the rest was outlined by Bilbo. Clearly, it's more complex than that, but you have to think it odd that Bernard was a small Mwt who fought real guys, and Jermaine is a full Mwt who only now is fighting someone his size.
    Abraham said he needed more time before he faced Taylor. And Strum turned down $750,000 to fight Taylor. So Taylor fought Wright instead. Who's a better fighter than both Abraham and Strum. Taylor has ducked no one.

Thread Information