Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ponce De Leon Q and A

http://www.fightnewsextra.com/ac/leon2

The hard hitting Ponce de Leon, 26, speaks about this fight, his plans for the super bantamweight division and his prediction for Marquez-Vazquez II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ponce De Leon Q and A

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    http://www.fightnewsextra.com/ac/leon2

The hard hitting Ponce de Leon, 26, speaks about this fight, his plans for the super bantamweight division and his prediction for Marquez-Vazquez II.
    Ponce is a good man.
    And...
    I predict Vazquez KO. You heard it hear first!!!!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes an awesome fighter! I think he will beat Rey, which is a shame for him because he is an awesome fighter but he is fighting De Leon at the wrong time! i think De Leon will push anyone in his weight class and i hope he gets a good fighter after Rey because he will deserve it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De Leon can seriously bang... big fan (bar his dodgy hairstyle) but he is vunerable as he proved against Penalosa

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    De Leon can seriously bang... big fan (bar his dodgy hairstyle) but he is vunerable as he proved against Penalosa
    Penalosa had a lot of experience which i think Rey is lacking to beat him. But you never no in boxing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De Leon vs Bautista? I'd say odds are 70/30 in favor of De Leon. Ponce swings wild - not accurate (I've seen that when he fought Penalosa). But he sure got juice in those punches.

Bautista is a good boxer. He's an awesome body puncher. He had a hard time against Medina though so I would say he's still untested.

De Leon by mid round KO, or Bautista by UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

de leon throws his punches in the weirdest fashion sometime but his power is to be respected. is Penalosa that tall fighter that whooped De leon ass a couple years ago.

when is the marquez Vazquez rematch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the guy i'm thinking of is Celestino Caballero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    Yes, the current WBA champion already beat DeLeon convincingly, and everyone in the division when scurrying. Vasquez thought he would get an easier fight by going against the Bntwt Marquez and got his a** handed to him (RMarquez is another boxer who is growing up). De Leon vs. Vasquez would be a good fight, but I would really like to see Marquez v. Caballero for 122 supremacy.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ponce De Leon vs. Bautista is gonna be a good one. And guess what? Hulk is going to see it LIVE, just got RINGSIDE tickets tonight for 150 bucks a pop. Me and my Dad are gonna go see this shit LIVE at Arco Arena, gonna be my first live fight, should be FUCKIN AWESOME!!! Plus Jhonny Gonzalez is fightin Ponce De Leon's last opponent, Gerry Penalosa, and HBO is gonna be there, so I'll get to see Lennox Lewis in person too. Can't wait.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucky man Hulk! Ponce has shaven his hair clean off from the last pics I saw! I love watching Daniel but he has many bad points such as his wide looping punches,lack of defence,but on the other hand he is as strong as a bull,his stamina is absurd and he has 1 punch KO power.

I favour him over Rey because Rey is smaller,has been knocked down by lesser opponents and has never faced someone as hard hitting as Ponce. As for the Penelosa fight,Gerry is a hardened veteran,slick counter puncher who could have won the fight had he been slightly more active.

I like both Jhonny Gonzalez and Penelosa but Gerry is going to get beaten up in that fight. Gonzalez long reach,power and solid boxing skills will win him an easy UD. I hope it's a good fight though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

without a doubt De Leon can punch, but his punches are way to wide and leaves him way too open, i'll go down as the first to say it here, that after seeing the Penalosa fight, i believe that by this time next year if De Leon is still champion, Juan Manuel Lopez will take his WBO title by either a clear decision victory or an out of the blue killer right hook to the head KO, i think that his quickness, power, boxing skill, and the fact that he's a southpaw with a great right jab and a brutal right hook, (and that the WBO is based in PR and Lopez is a PR fighter hence most prospects from the island as of late usually get a crack at the WBO title, Cotto, Calderon, and well Santos at the time) and i honestly think that he has better technical skills and the brutal power as the likes of Trinidad and Gomez

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Lucky man Hulk! Ponce has shaven his hair clean off from the last pics I saw! I love watching Daniel but he has many bad points such as his wide looping punches,lack of defence,but on the other hand he is as strong as a bull,his stamina is absurd and he has 1 punch KO power.

I favour him over Rey because Rey is smaller,has been knocked down by lesser opponents and has never faced someone as hard hitting as Ponce. As for the Penelosa fight,Gerry is a hardened veteran,slick counter puncher who could have won the fight had he been slightly more active.

I like both Jhonny Gonzalez and Penelosa but Gerry is going to get beaten up in that fight. Gonzalez long reach,power and solid boxing skills will win him an easy UD. I hope it's a good fight though.
    I'm excited for the fights, I think theres defiantely going to be a KO in least one of those two fights. Gonzalez and Ponce De Leon are very big punchers. Penelosa and Bautista are very live underdogs and either could pull off the upset. Gonzalez can box well for a puncher though, he was outboxing Vazquez for a while.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ArawakWarria
    Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    Yes, the current WBA champion already beat DeLeon convincingly, and everyone in the division when scurrying. Vasquez thought he would get an easier fight by going against the Bntwt Marquez and got his a** handed to him (RMarquez is another boxer who is growing up). De Leon vs. Vasquez would be a good fight, but I would really like to see Marquez v. Caballero for 122 supremacy.

how anybody could think there getting an easier fight against R marquez beyond me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    smash, I think de leon is vulnerable too. He looks like his asking for a boxing lesson. Gerry is an old veteran that has the tools but lacks the will or support to advance further then de leon now. Though I think gerry won, the sport is better of as de leon the winner of that fight. Because Gerry can get his check, and de leon can move on the younger fighter that has more of a future. Great that BOOM BOOM vs de leon is ON. This would have not been possible if de leon lost, so I'd accept the rig decision for de leon over gerry

Thread Information