Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default the best buddy mcgirt

The guy hasn't been winning as a trainer, all of his top fighters has lost for the past few years now. And fellas this is the best buddy I've seen. I critize him for being a boring coach and not giving much advice in corners. But now I have come to realize that buddy is the best at stopping a fight, well twice now. first when floyd tapped gatti's rear-side, now when wlady hammered lemons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: the best buddy mcgirt

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    The guy hasn't been winning as a trainer, all of his top fighters has lost for the past few years now. And fellas this is the best buddy I've seen. I critize him for being a boring coach and not giving much advice in corners. But now I have come to realize that buddy is the best at stopping a fight, well twice now. first when floyd tapped gatti's rear-side, now when wlady hammered lemons

His protege Paul Malignaggi just won a world title..

There's success.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

u know something man...

i think he may be the most overrated trainer ever

ive never liked him and i can still to this day not stop hearing him say 'DRINK THE WATER BABY' everytime i see his bald head and sunglasses

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its almost like I expect a fighter to lose if McGirt walks out.

Then again Wlad's just a whole lot better than Lamon now so not too much he could really do.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Buddy, one of the best trainers out there IMO.

But now I have come to realize that buddy is the best at stopping a fight, well twice now. first when floyd tapped gatti's rear-side, now when wlady hammered lemons
    And that my good man Julius is what makes Buddy a great trainer knowing when your man has been beat.
    I've seen one too many fights where I'm looking at the screen yelling at the trainer 'Why the FWOCK! are you letting your fighter go out there another round?'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I like Buddy, one of the best trainers out there IMO.

But now I have come to realize that buddy is the best at stopping a fight, well twice now. first when floyd tapped gatti's rear-side, now when wlady hammered lemons
    And that my good man Julius is what makes Buddy a great trainer knowing when your man has been beat.
    I've seen one too many fights where I'm looking at the screen yelling at the trainer 'Why the FWOCK! are you letting your fighter go out there another round?'

Absolutely right...how many trainer whip the boxer into a fight they will only loose
    by getting knocked out...both Gatti and Brewster would have gone to the bitter end with the
    same result only worse...Buddy did the right thing...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

El Kabong Guest

.....Buddy works with limited fighters...Tarver, Gatti, Brewster....I mean half of being a trainer is having something to train that's worth a damn.

That is not meant to disgrace those guys but Buddy got a lot out of them....well tarver and Gatti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he trains too many people. there have been two many time where he has train the the fighter on the undercard and the main event.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    he trains too many people. there have been two many time where he has train the the fighter on the undercard and the main event.
    Hell he's got to pay the bills man.

McGirt just needs some younger fighters that he can personally mold and shape into world class fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what his son doing. i hear about buddy train every fighter there is except his son.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buddy "kiss of death" McGirt

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yo, for real, mcgirt is fucking shiottty]

also yo

if judah got teddy atlas as a trainer and started wearting reyes NOBODY EVER would even have a SLIGHT cahnce of beating him

El Kabong Guest

Sal ...if Teddy was Zab's trainer he couldn't get it in contract that Zab would be able to wear headgear and have and extra person in the ring make him jab so the Reyes gloves wouldn't mean JACK.

Yoel Judah had a good plan but Zab didn't use it....trainers don't fight the fights

As for Buddy he doesn't have the talented boxers everyone has....he should really stick with trying to keep brawlers as brawlers and not trying to make them boxers, it's starting from behind when you get an old guy like Gatti and try to teach him different than he has learned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im sorry I don't understand why everyone is so down on Buddy

He does a good job and cares about his fighters. I remember visiting here about 8 months to a year ago before I started posting and There were all kinds of threads talking about Buddy being one of the best up coming trainers in the business.

He has had guys in some over matched bouts there is only so much a trainer can do. EG Gatti/Mayweather no one could have trained Gatti to win that fight

Wlad was beating Brewster the same way last fight till he was tired out. He has only improved since then

No shame on Buddy he did the right thing and saved his man from getting beaten up in a downhill battle. These are Heavyweight fighters and too much damage in just one fight with these guy can last forever

I applaude him for knowing when to save his man. His fighters mean more to him then the win

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Sal ...if Teddy was Zab's trainer he couldn't get it in contract that Zab would be able to wear headgear and have and extra person in the ring make him jab so the Reyes gloves wouldn't mean JACK.

Yoel Judah had a good plan but Zab didn't use it....trainers don't fight the fights

As for Buddy he doesn't have the talented boxers everyone has....he should really stick with trying to keep brawlers as brawlers and not trying to make them boxers, it's starting from behind when you get an old guy like Gatti and try to teach him different than he has learned
    yo for real

buddy mcguirt is SHITTY

Thread Information