Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~CutMeMicks Log~

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I do need more advice on how to get rid of these last few pounds.

I can already see my six pack BUT I've still got some fat around my waist and I've been working hard to get rid of it but I might be doing something wrong.

Anyone got any advice on that?
    Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.
    Yes it is at the bottom but I do work it out.
    I several sit up routines.
    To work all the areas of my stomach.

What would you say are the best ones to work the lower part of the stomach?

I don't think you can spot loose fat with exercise. From memory though I think they say that people who eat a high protein and low carb diet with the same calories as a high carb and low protein diet will have less fat around their stomachs.

So they might still gain weight but store it in different areas and actually fat around your stomach is associated with risk of heart disease more too i think.

I read this in the front of a high protein and low carb diet recepe book but it was released in Australia by the CSIRO which are a major government funded legitimately recognised scientific group.

Here's a link:
    Total Wellbeing Diet

A higher proportion of protein in your diet might also curb cravings more anyway.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post

Mick is the fat around your stomch mostly at the bottom of your stomach ? because thats common because majority of people. Don't work there lower stomach enough.

I don't think you can spot loose fat with exercise. From memory though I think they say that people who eat a high protein and low carb diet with the same calories as a high carb and low protein diet will have less fat around their stomachs.

So they might still gain weight but store it in different areas and actually fat around your stomach is associated with risk of heart disease more too i think.

I read this in the front of a high protein and low carb diet recepe book but it was released in Australia by the CSIRO which are a major government funded legitimately recognised scientific group.

Here's a link:
    Total Wellbeing Diet

A higher proportion of protein in your diet might also curb cravings more anyway.
    Yea Sharla...I know for sure when I was cutting weight and going high protein/low carb...in one week I lost 7 pounds, and the most obvious part of it was in my stomach. I looked incredibly ripped and the abs were very defined. Now this was a bit extreme as was working out hard and running 2 and 3 times a day also to shed.

Now that I am working on gaining and going high carb....well, haaa...those cool abs folks look for are no longer there. (I suppose they are still there...just hiding under a layer of fat )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

don't worry Youngblood - my AMAZING six pack is hiding too!

Sometimes i think people are actually at their fittest and healthiest when lean but no too lean anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I forgot to mention was fish oil, that stuff is the closest you will ever come to spot reducing on your stomach. So many studies have proven it to be a fat loss aid, in particular your waist line for some reason. Not to mention the thousands of other benefits you get from it. It's cheap as hell as well, so start swallowing that fish oil!
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post

Here's a link:
    Total Wellbeing Diet

yep, diet and cardio get that off of you- the sit-ups and crunches get you something good to look at when the fat's off. it's like that last 5-10 pounds takes 6 months to come off completely. stick with it.
    "...went 12 rounds with Ali, and never took a backwards step."

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will work on updating this log tomorrow.
    I've got a video of me training on my gym.

Will also do an update on my weight & training I've done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fish oil in the pill?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will work on updating this log tomorrow.
    I've got a video of me training on my gym.

Will also do an update on my weight & training I've done.
    Hey Mick,

I've briefly skimmed over your workout log. Keep up the good work.

The last bit of fat on your lower stomach has nothing to do with not doing enough lower ab work. Like someone has said, it will be to do with your diet and training.

Try interval training. That has hands-down worked the best for me when I needed my abs back. You are doing a form of interval training anyway on the bag. E.G. Your 75 jabs and then resting etc.

My example is that I am doing 2 minutes of non stop combinations on the bag then 1 minute of rest. Rinse and repeat for 10 rounds. Then you add progressions. I.E. More rounds, more work time or less recovery. (3 minutes instead of 2)

Give your body a reason to drop that last bit of fat..because believe me, it doesn't want to! You need to force it to!

I'll check over your workout log some more later, I have more time now because I have gone part time to train more of my own clients. I'll help you out anyway I can if you need it. Just let me know.
    I'm off to bed now. Keep working hard. You'll get there!

Thread Information