Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Jones says Manny Pacquaio not a thinking fighter. Barrera is better as P4P

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones says Manny Pacquaio not a thinking fighter. Barrera is better as P

a win is a win, pacs win against MAB is still a win no matter how he won it its still a win. wow i got dizzy there!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones says Manny Pacquaio not a thinking fighter. Barrera is better as P4P

Seriously, would you say Glen Johnson and Tarver are better then Roy? Vernon Forrest is better then Shane Mosley, or Larry Donald and John Ruiz are better then Holyfield
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

ICB Guest

Default Re: Roy Jones says Manny Pacquaio not a thinking fighter. Barrera is better as P4P

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    lol!

RJJ is trying hard to justify his KO losses by using these little dudes.

From his Pac-MAB comments, he's more emplying that he's still better than Tarver and Johnson eventhough he got KTFO fighting them.

Well he is prime for prime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones says Manny Pacquaio not a thinking fighter. Barrera is better as P

Manny beat the heck out of MAB and I certainly think he will do it again but that does not mean he will have a greater legacy than MAB,those(beating a guy and having a better legacy) are 2 different things.

As for RJJ's argument,P4P is just an opinion.I'm not saying I agree or disagree but RJJ is more qualified than most of us and it's an interesting opinion. I guess he prefers fighters with technique rather than a guy that goes to war all the time. Fair enough.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pound for pound prime for prime pac beats mab all the time. mab just never had what it took to beat pac, his best would need him to try and jab from a distance all 12 rounds and prime for prime pound4pound pac beats him before 12rounds.

its pacs power speed stamina relentlessness and that stubborn hard nose hit me if you can i'm gonna beat your ass style, that is too much for pacs oppenents prime for prime pound for pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

being a better boxer doesn't mean your gonna win, 12rounds is a long long night specially when your taking punches from pacman constantly and from all angles. Don't try to figure him out because right when your in the ring with him, all is too late already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think personally Larry Merchant is p4p king; he beats my azzz everytime he opens that old croaker of his. He'd beat any fighter out there by annoying them to death. Does that count??
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man, i didnt expect that from rjj man. i cant imagine fighters think too much when they are fighting. i know boxers who have ring intellingence and fighters who have ring instinct. i think pac has more of ring instinct than ring intelligence. ring instinct is more important than ring intelligence coz instinct is reacting quickly in a certain situation. and i dont think you'll have enough time to think when you're getting pounded on your melon. and just like what Tyson used to say, you may have all the intelligence in the ring, you may have the best game plan but when i hit you and your hurt, your fight plan will just fly out of your head. roy thought he was smarter than tarver and johnson but when he got hit, his "smarts" went flying out of his head through his eyes.

so, rjj, u think ull have time to think while getting hit in the head?
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WOAH!!! Ok,I love watching Manny fight and give him as much respect as anyone but some of you Pac fans need to relax a bit more. RJJ is a legend and he was just expressing his opinion,that is all. Let's not start making Manny out to be invincible,he has lost and could very well lose again,anything is possible in boxing.

And I'd take the younger MAB over the younger(ie at lower weights) everyday of the week. MAB could war for 12 full rounds then and box too,he was the perfect machine,so good that he would be compared to the legendary Julio Cesar Chavez. Let's not demean this legend,I mean I've always been an EM more than an MAB fan but Marco is a legend too.

Manny may very well have beat him but MAB has by far and away the greater legacy.Let's not overhype Manny.

KK,PACFAN WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    WOAH!!! Ok,I love watching Manny fight and give him as much respect as anyone but some of you Pac fans need to relax a bit more. RJJ is a legend and he was just expressing his opinion,that is all. Let's not start making Manny out to be invincible,he has lost and could very well lose again,anything is possible in boxing.

And I'd take the younger MAB over the younger(ie at lower weights) everyday of the week. MAB could war for 12 full rounds then and box too,he was the perfect machine,so good that he would be compared to the legendary Julio Cesar Chavez. Let's not demean this legend,I mean I've always been an EM more than an MAB fan but Marco is a legend too.

Manny may very well have beat him but MAB has by far and away the greater legacy.Let's not overhype Manny.

YEAH WHAT HE SAID!!!!!....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gamo, dude ive always agreed with what you say most of the time coz ur not biased. but i have something to ask tho. if manny beats mab this time around, mab would still be the better fighter coz he has the greater legacy?
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive only just become aware of this thread. A lot of the nonense I have heard doesnt surprise me. The above post is a welcome return to reality though.

, for that El Gamo

Barrera is one of my favourite fighters and to hear him being disrespected by ignorant posters on here who cannot seem to understand the validity of what Jones Jr said just gets under my skin.

People should actually take the time to sit and read through what he said and think about it for a few quiet moments. Jones said nothing controversial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by toto
    Roy Jones -in his recent interview with AUTO MESSAGE: The webmaster of this site has requested that we do not use any content from it.... please delete this post.com's Dough Fisher-- says that Manny Pacquaio is not a thinking boxer. He said Marco Antonio Barrera is the one and is of the pound for pound fame.
    Hereunder is what the flamboyant Jones had mumbled:

"Like a lot of fans, he loves to watch Pacquiao fight, but being a boxer by nature he appreciates more of what Mayweather does in the ring.

“Manny is a real good fighter, but he’s more busy than skillful,” he said. “He’s the type of fighter that overwhelms other fighters with his heart and his conditioning, but even though he beat Marco Antonio Barrera, I don’t think he’s better than Barrera. I’d still say Barrera’s better, pound for pound, than Manny. To me Manny’s the busiest fighter in the world, but he’s not a thinking fighter and he’s not one to show boxing technique, and that’s not what being pound-for-pound is about.

“Pound-for-pound is not a popularity contest. It’s about being able to do it all in the ring – offensively AND defensively – at the highest level, and right now Floyd is the best at executing ring generalship.”

So what do you think folks, is the aforecited assessment-- from the once pound 4 pound great-- has some weights?

MOrtz Ortigoza
    columnist, Philboxing.com

Thread Information