Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: After Bhop fight,Winky wants Oscar.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default After Bhop fight,Winky wants Oscar.

Just read this,he says he has no intention of remaining at 170,and wll either go to 154 or 160 and wants Oscar the most,regardless of the outcome of the Hopkins fight. For what it's worth,I have ZERO interest in watching an Oscar Winky fight!

THOUGHTS?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After Bhop fight,Winky wants Oscar.

Well I'd like to see the fight, they have both been two of the dominant forces at junior middle in the last decade so for the completeness of their careers it would be nice if they finally got it on.

Not sure about Winky losing 20 lbs to fight him though

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way I find it saddening and somewhat strange that B Hop, Winky and Oscar despite being three of the p4p stars of the last decade always get a negative reaction when they want to fight each other?

It's not just you it's common on these boards, people saying they have no interest in the Hopkins Wright fight or Hopkins Tarver or Hopkins Jones Jr.

I never really understood this. Surely fans want the best fighters to fight each other?

Oscar vs Winky would be an incredibly exciting fight imo, Winky wants to trade a lot more these days and Oscar will want to redeem himself.

Could be a real belter literally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Well I'd like to see the fight, they have both been two of the dominant forces at junior middle in the last decade so for the completeness of their careers it would be nice if they finally got it on.

What has Oscar done that has been so great 154 And losing 2o pounds would definitely have an adverse effect on Winky especially at his age which is why I questioned him taking the B Hop fight at such a high weight in the first place.

By the way I find it saddening and somewhat strange that B Hop, Winky and Oscar despite being three of the p4p stars of the last decade always get a negative reaction when they want to fight each other?

It's not just you it's common on these boards, people saying they have no interest in the Hopkins Wright fight or Hopkins Tarver or Hopkins Jones Jr.

I never really understood this. Surely fans want the best fighters to fight each other?

Oscar vs Winky would be an incredibly exciting fight imo, Winky wants to trade a lot more these days and Oscar will want to redeem himself.

Totally disagree. I have nothing against these guys fighting each other but it has to be beneficial to the sport in some way. If they are far past their prime like Oscar,RJJ,why the hell would I want to see them getting beat up? They should give younger fighters a chance like B Hop giving JT a shot. These guys cannot be around forever so give some of the less established but more talented fighters an oppertunity to carry the sport.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

What has Oscar done that has been so great 154 And losing 2o pounds would definitely have an adverse effect on Winky especially at his age which is why I questioned him taking the B Hop fight at such a high weight in the first place.

Totally disagree. I have nothing against these guys fighting each other but it has to be beneficial to the sport in some way. If they are far past their prime like Oscar,RJJ,why the hell would I want to see them getting beat up? They should give younger fighters a chance like B Hop giving JT a shot. These guys cannot be around forever so give some of the less established but more talented fighters an oppertunity to carry the sport.
    Only two months ago Oscar lost a split decision to the p4p number 1 fighter in the richest prize fight of all time, I'd hardly describe him as being far past his prime.

Yes he's not as fast as he was but he's still one of boxing's biggest draws and of that group of fighters, De La Hoya, Wright, Mosely, Vargas, Quartey etc it's a big omission that Oscar and Winky have never got it on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I don't see Oscar Winky being a belter in any shape or form. Oscar has never been great at dealing with jabs(see the SSM1 and Sturm fights plus parts of the PBF fight) and Winky's jab is his brean and butter. The southpaw stance would confuse Oscar too. Oscar only fights once a year(or longer) and it's a part time boxer/part time promoter. His stamina is finshed too,if he could not maintain v Mayweather,I don't see how he will maintain against someone bigger,stronger and who pressures more like Winky.

And if you honestly think that was as close as an SD,you need to re watch that fight. Floyd beat him comfortably,rocked him to his boots twice and plain boxed his ears off for the last 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I don't see Oscar Winky being a belter in any shape or form. Oscar has never been great at dealing with jabs(see the SSM1 and Sturm fights plus parts of the PBF fight) and Winky's jab is his brean and butter. The southpaw stance would confuse Oscar too. Oscar only fights once a year(or longer) and it's a part time boxer/part time promoter. His stamina is finshed too,if he could not maintain v Mayweather,I don't see how he will maintain against someone bigger,stronger and who pressures more like Winky.

And if you honestly think that was as close as an SD,you need to re watch that fight. Floyd beat him comfortably,rocked him to his boots twice and plain boxed his ears off for the last 4 rounds.
    Gamo you're talking at me like I'm an Oscar fanboy, you know me well enough by now to know that he makes sick to the pit of my stomach. :P

But he's still one of the biggest draws in boxing and Winky has certainly earnt the right to have a big payday against him plus and I say this even as an Oscar hater the guy is never in a boring fight. Even the Floyd fight which has been much maligned on here in retrospect I thought was a pulsating battle which whilst watching live at least we were all uncertain of the outcome even after the final bell.

Winky against Taylor was one of my favourite fights from 2006 and even his fights with Soliman and Quartey were pretty entertaining.

I think a fight between the two would be highly competitive and exciting to watch.

And as for the Mayweather Oscar fight c'mon I know that you just like everybody else who watched it live didn't see it as a foregone conclusion that Mayweather was winning whilst the fight was actually happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly man,whilst I was watching Oscar Floyd,I thought it was close until round 8,but even then,the rounds Oscar won was more of Floyd not doing anything than Oscar being efective apart from when he used the jab. Hahaha,yeah,I forgot you ar enot an OScar fan.

I just don't see Oscar and Winky's style meshing together well and I don't think it would be exciting. I would much rather see Winky fight JT again as they have unfinished business. I don't see Winky Oscar being competetive at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly man,whilst I was watching Oscar Floyd,I thought it was close until round 8,but even then,the rounds Oscar won was more of Floyd not doing anything than Oscar being efective apart from when he used the jab. Hahaha,yeah,I forgot you ar enot an OScar fan.

I just don't see Oscar and Winky's style meshing together well and I don't think it would be exciting. I would much rather see Winky fight JT again as they have unfinished business. I don't see Winky Oscar being competetive at all.
    I agree with you that dropping 20 lbs might be too much, and if Taylor is moving up in weight maybe he can fight Winky at SMW then afterwards Winky could drop back down to middle or light middle. Definitely don't want to see Winky lose simply because he couldn't deal with dropping the lbs too quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only two months ago Oscar lost a split decision to the p4p number 1 fighter in the richest prize fight of all time, I'd hardly describe him as being far past his prime.

Yes he's not as fast as he was but he's still one of boxing's biggest draws and of that group of fighters, De La Hoya, Wright, Mosely, Vargas, Quartey etc it's a big omission that Oscar and Winky have never got it on.
    ANd I wouldn't describe the fight as a split decision. ALso Oscar is pretty much the same speed as when he fought MOsley the second time. I think Wright has still a lot to offer and could still beat any 154 pounder except maybe Mayweather with ease. This fight would be one sided IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just read this,he says he has no intention of remaining at 170,and wll either go to 154 or 160 and wants Oscar the most,regardless of the outcome of the Hopkins fight. For what it's worth,I have ZERO interest in watching an Oscar Winky fight!

THOUGHTS?
    Glad to hear that he's ready to go back down.

Sounds to me like he's ready to lose to B-Hop.

He's wanted Oscar his whole friggin career & Oscar has smartly dodged the fwock outta Wright.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Oscar vs. Wright is very sellable. Even though Oscar would get the satin sheets beat off his Supercuts ecpresso making butt
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its like watching a rematch of pbf vs oscar unless wright changes his game plan
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

W(St)inky deserves no less than Cory Spinks for a farewell and to see who can frustrate who in St. Louis or in St. Petesburg, then both will learn what sort of legacy they'll leave...

Thread Information