Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: My thoughts on the Khan fight....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My thoughts on the Khan fight....

Was already thinking about this post in my local when i watched, coz i knew str8 off soon as he went down the haters and douters would be out in force...

Now to all you amir kahn ahters FUCK YOU plain off...

Khan done well, this is a 20 year old KID who has done well, sure he is far from the complete article, but who the hell was at 20?

Before this fight everyone who didn't fancy khans chances were "he needs to step up" "he is portected" this was a tought fight for him before it happened without question!

Limond is no mug he is a classy domestic fighter... sure hes no world class fighter, but for someone who is only 20 and is still a boy this wass a massive step up for khan... untill now Khan had never been in the ring with someone who was boxing smart, Limond held khan, he put his forearm on his back when he got up close. Khan has always had it his way, with guys who weret complete crap, but lacked the basic expereince Limond has...

Limond has been around for a while, has a good few fights, has been in with Alex Arthur, this is a guy who can pick up on things, he can see what a fighter is going to do before they do it... Khan is still very young and very green but he still WON...

This boy needs fights like this, plain and simple the greats have fights like this, they go back, they sit down, they look at they shit that messed them up and they learn from it... Khan still doesn't have the ring time to know how to discise his punches.. he is still pretty basic in the sense people can see when he is about to throw his jab, the right corss etc etc... fighting guys who can work you out but still beat them is part of the game, its how you learn and improve from what you have done already...

Yes khan can be open at times but ffs like i said khan is a kid, and has a boys body...

I do honestly believe tho, khan needs a new trainer... it shocks me wy he hasn't gone with Enzo Calzaghe... enzo will make him batter than any other trainer in the world, manny, freddy, u name them, if khan goes to enzo's gym he will improve better than with anyone else...

/rant over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My thoughts on the Khan fight....

IMO I rather see a kid get put on his duff in fights like this early the brought along with out ever having to face adversity in the ring.....Like you said he is a kid and still growing....

Kahn will know better next time.....

Better for it to happen like this and he be able to get up and fight back for the win then be put in with a top world class fighter and end up being blown out and possibly ruined because his psyche is destroyed....

Or worse he fight a top guy and get in trouble not know how to get himself out of it and end up hurt because he made a mistake.....

Kahn did a good job.....Nothing to be ashamed of
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares if a fighter gets knocked down?

...it's the getting back up to win that impresses me!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good assessment, Khan did himself proud tonight. He got tagged, was clearly hurt and in trouble and came back to knock Lamond out in the next couple rounds.

People who are just raining on him baffle me. He's only 20 years old yet people seem to be judging him as if he should already be a hall of famer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    IMO I rather see a kid get put on his duff in fights like this early the brought along with out ever having to face adversity in the ring.....Like you said he is a kid and still growing....

as long as he doesn't make it a trend. But I'm glad to hear he got through a rough time apparently to come up and win. Hope it encourages him to improve his defense and keep working at it. Yeah he's 20, but its just the fact that he got knocked down by a "non puncher" from what im reading on the forums so that raises questions about his chin. Hopefully when he gets better he'll never be in that position again.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

as long as he doesn't make it a trend. But I'm glad to hear he got through a rough time apparently to come up and win. Hope it encourages him to improve his defense and keep working at it. Yeah he's 20, but its just the fact that he got knocked down by a "non puncher" from what im reading on the forums so that raises questions about his chin. Hopefully when he gets better he'll never be in that position again.

Exactly..
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information