Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jones Jr Vs Hanshaw Fight Video 1-3 Rd & Knock down here!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jones Jr Vs Hanshaw Fight Video 1-3 Rd & Knock down here!

first round no real action hanshaw pressuring jones not hurting him... jones showing signs of quickness landing a few punches.

2 - roy pounds hanshaw with some good shots... hanshaw shows him respect by holding and not charging as much... roy at the end decides to show some old flash and dance around

3 - hanshaw comes running back in pushing the action... roy lands a few combos shows his handspeed of old and backs hanshaw up... hanshaw will not be able to handles roys straight right much longer

4 - hanshaw got roy up against the ropes most of the round throwing tons of punches mainly catching arms and leather but effective... jones lands a great uppercut throws some combos while up against the ropes... hanshaw wins round

5 - Jones dominates the 5th with the straight right hand, backing up hanshaw constantly... hanshaw has no answer for it, it's too quick for him... hanshaw looks really flabby and seems to be slowing down to me... maybe lack of conditioning

6 - pretty even... both fighters pressing the action... swelling on jones's left eye might cause problems... but jones consistently lands the right and dominates the middle of the ring

7 - Hanshaw dominated the seventh late pinning jones against the ropes easily won the round even tho jones did fight some off the ropes... he landed some good shots but hanshaws round easily

8 - Jones lands some hard body shots and some good straights.... but hanshaw gets him against the ropes occasionally and pounds the arms and leather.... good fight so far its roy 5-3 right now

9 - Roy hurts hanshaw with some great lefts to the body and the face... one left hook to the ribs almost dropped hanshaw... hanshaw continues to slow down and be more cautious coming in... hanshaw pressures him trying to ko him but hanshaw ties him up... good round for roy... roy 6-3

10 - not exciting as night roy seems to want to counter more than attack, which is the normal roy... he dances around playing to the fans on the ropes while sticking hanshaw with some good shots... hanshaw keeps the pressure on the ropes tho... tenth
    rounds with both men swinging shots at each other in the ropes

11 - hanshaw down in the 11th from hard hooks.........hanshaw keeps the pressure on him both throwing punching as i thought the round was getting boring... roy shows some quickness and pounds hanshaw a few times sending him across the mat and onto the ground... left hook looks as strong as ever

12 - fight gdoes the distance roy dominates the 12th landing hard rights and left hooks... Jones wins by Decision. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffpE9KN9OF8 and the Knockdown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEEOM8XO19c
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jones Jr Vs Hanshaw Results are here!

CC for the results

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ARE U KIDDING ME ROY KNOCKED HIM OUT OMG I STOPPED WATCHING IT AFTER THE 8th ROUND OMG
    IM MADD ....LOL
    ATLEAST ROY SEEMS TO BE HIS OLD SELF AGAIN.
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kept having a peek over every now and then on the PC when I was watching Margarito v Williams, seemed like Roy was doing good, gotta anylyse it fully but I caught at least 15 mins althogther and he looked pretty good, especially late on to my surprise.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good win for Jones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wow thank god he won, i ordered it and it didnt work so i watched the other fights instead,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by toogood4u

ARE U KIDDING ME ROY KNOCKED HIM OUT OMG I STOPPED WATCHING IT AFTER THE 8th ROUND OMG
    IM MADD ....LOL
    ATLEAST ROY SEEMS TO BE HIS OLD SELF AGAIN.
    Next time post a link
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Roy Jones isn't as shot as people make out he is. Has anyone noticed that every time Roy fights people say he is going get put on his ass again? But some one like Gatti, people still think he has something left in the tank (guess it ll change after tonight tho). Roy Jones looked decent tonight especially since he hasn't fought in nearly a year, hopefully he will take another couple of fights before a big fight tho because i didn't like what i saw when he was pinned on the ropes and an A level fighter will take him out. Roy has a lot left tho his speed is still there and his left hook looked mean just hope he becomes a little more active before its too late

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ACEA
    Looks like Roy Jones isn't as shot as people make out he is. Has anyone noticed that every time Roy fights people say he is going get put on his a** again? But some one like Gatti, people still think he has something left in the tank (guess it ll change after tonight tho). Roy Jones looked decent tonight especially since he hasn't fought in nearly a year, hopefully he will take another couple of fights before a big fight tho because i didn't like what i saw when he was pinned on the ropes and an A level fighter will take him out. Roy has a lot left tho his speed is still there and his left hook looked mean just hope he becomes a little more active before its too late
    I admit I was wrong. I wish the best to Jr!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Just a Boxing Fan for the round by round breakdown, this and the Molitor fights I've yet to see.
    http://www.freewebs.com/neutral-corner/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hi, can anyone upload the Roy Jones JR vs Anthony Hanshaw fight
    thanks in advance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just checked Youtube and it was not uploaded yet, But it will eventually make its way there. I will post it as soon as I see it.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight may lend credence to the argument that jones was not too far off his prime when he was ko'd by tarver and johnson. i think the most credible explanation for his sudden downfall was that he always had a glass jaw, but he was either able to knock out lesser opponents before they challenged him or his tremendous speed prevented him from getting hit in any meaningful manner.

just a split second loss in reaction time resulted in his glass jaw being exposed. and unlike other great offensive champions with this tragic flaw (hearns and norris) he was not blessed (or cursed) with great competition. i think jones always knew this, and this helps explain his relatively conservative approach against his toughest opponents (hopkins and tooney).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones, Hanshaw postfight presser!

July 15, 2007

By Damien St. Pierre

Murad Muhammad started off the post fight press conference with a call of "He's back, and The Gulf is back!" Muhammad was pleased with the announced attendance of over 9,000 fans.

Anthony Hanshaw was short and sweet when he arrived at the podium. He praised Jones but had disagreed with the judging. "I thought I won the fight, I applied more pressure. Roy might have won 2 or 3 rounds. I eat, sleep and dream boxing. I will be back on top."

On the other hand, Roy Jones, Jr was not at a loss for words calling out Glen Johnson, Antonio Tarver, Felix "Tito" Trinidad and even Wladimir Klitschko. Jones also said he would be willing to meet Jermaine Taylor at 168lbs. "We can do this without HBO or Showtime, all I need are the fans." Jones commented on a prospective January date with Felix "Tito" Trinidad saying, " I can't wait that long for Tito."

He was very respectful of Anthony Hanshaw saying, "Anthony Hanshaw gave the world a fight, a fight that is good for boxing. Hanshaw came and and gave 130% and I appreciate that."

When asked what was next on his plate Jones answered, "I'm not going home and get out of shape. I would like to fight within the next month and a half. I would love to come back to the Gulf Coast. Y'all have been the best fans."

Jones rated his performance as "not too bad." He said he has never gone into a fight at 100%, and this fight was no different. He received 4 stitches after being elbowed during a pickup basketball game five days prior to the fight.

Jones ended his time at the podium with some good words about his opponent, "People always talk about the passing of the torch, Anthony is a guy I could pass the torch to when my time is done."
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy looked kind of ok, but he was on the ropes a la Glen Johnson fight the whole damn time. he just seems obsessed with the god damn rope a dope trick , when he gets in the middle of the ring he does well.

I don't really know with Jones, I am not sure if he still just loves playing with people for 12 rounds and learning what he can , or he just doesn't have the power anymore to knock people out.

Also his body aesthetically looks quite weak compared to his past 175lb days, but maybe thats just the age.

Thats cricket

Thread Information