Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what do you think of Amir Khan now then....?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So what do you think of Amir Khan now then....?

Just gotta say well done Cookie and i want the rematch,he's still young but has he hit the ceiling of his career?
    Just didn't stamp himself and take the fight to his man imo and was exposed as a limited fighter at the end of the day.
    So that leaves Khan (what a fight) and his thriller to discuss!!
    He'll learn loads from that but where did the speed go? where was the superfast footwork?
    I think he's trying to sit on his punches too much now and get the KO (he isn't a banger at all imo) which i don't agree with at all.
    Khan did well to get up and turn this round but let's not get carried away as Limond can't punch for sh*t and if you stick Amir in with a banger he's licking the canvas early.
    Future World Champ..? F*ck off
    You can't train someone to have a granite chin

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So what do you think of Amir Khan now then....?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Just gotta say well done Cookie and i want the rematch,he's still young but has he hit the ceiling of his career?
    Just didn't stamp himself and take the fight to his man imo and was exposed as a limited fighter at the end of the day.
    So that leaves Khan (what a fight) and his thriller to discuss!!
    He'll learn loads from that but where did the speed go? where was the superfast footwork?
    I think he's trying to sit on his punches too much now and get the KO (he isn't a banger at all imo) which i don't agree with at all.
    Khan did well to get up and turn this round but let's not get carried away as Limond can't punch for sh*t and if you stick Amir in with a banger he's licking the canvas early.
    Future World Champ..? F*ck off
    You can't train someone to have a granite chin
    I'll bet money that he can win a belt. He may not make it to the p4p rankings but he's certainly more than capable of winning one of the gazillion titles out there.

He's vulnurable but he's still got speed and skill in abundance and we now know a fighting heart.

I still think that properly managed he will win a title within a couple years. I can't see him going up against Juan Diaz or Casamayor and Warren would probably have a coronary at the mere thought of him facing Katsidis so I expect he'll be moving up to light welter when he gets to world level.

I'd still fancy his chances over the likes of M'Baye and Torres not that either of them will have a hope of still being champions by then.

A suspect chin doesn't spell the end, he just needs to make sure he doesn't get hit...........

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw limited speed last night as a result of him going for the big punch (doesn't he realise he can't bang) and a very suspect chin which was exposed by a man who can't punch.
    He was all over the shop last night at times and was there for the taking and a wise man did tell me "If you think he's the future of UK Boxing your in for a shock"
    Hopefully he'll go back to basics next time out,
    HBO must be rubbing their hands and seeing $$$ after watching that fight...Pure entertainment

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw limited speed last night as a result of him going for the big punch (doesn't he realise he can't bang) and a very suspect chin which was exposed by a man who can't punch.
    He was all over the shop last night at times and was there for the taking and a wise man did tell me "If you think he's the future of UK Boxing your in for a shock"
    Hopefully he'll go back to basics next time out,
    HBO must be rubbing their hands and seeing $$$ after watching that fight...Pure entertainment
    I still think he's the future of UK boxing. He's exciting and more importantly has struck an affinity with large sections of the public.

He's the only British fighter most mums have heard of and he'll always be good ratings even if/when he loses.

He's probably the most popular British fighter since Frank Bruno (Hatton doesn't have grandma appeal ) and when he reaches the world stage he will be huge!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His marketabilty is MASSIVE no doubt but i just don't see him doing it at the top end,i do think Warren will guide him to a mickey mouse belt but don't see anything to suggest he's gonna be at the elite end of things with a chin like that.
    Infact i can see him going the Naz route

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get him in with Earl or Murray next

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His marketabilty is MASSIVE no doubt but i just don't see him doing it at the top end,i do think Warren will guide him to a mickey mouse belt but don't see anything to suggest he's gonna be at the elite end of things with a chin like that.
    Infact i can see him going the Naz route
    I'd hardly call being as succesful as Naz a disappointment. Yes Naz wasted a lot of his potential but he's still in many people's Top 10 greatest British fighters ever list or at least post war so not too shabby.

I think he'll win two or three titles at least. I'll go on record as saying he could become as successful as Ricky Hatton as long as he's managed right.

David Haye got blitzed early in his career and is now on the verge of being the man in the cruiserweight division. He's only 20 years old, I'm sure he'll be stronger in 4 or 5 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well well well

like i said i wanted to see him fight

and i got what i wanted
    Limond definatly went for a win

Imo Khan tried and tried for the KO because he knew he was in the shit
    Limond wasnt a big puncher but he hurt Khan a few times imo
    and evry time he threw a good shot Khan was lookin at his corner

but i was really chuffed with the fight and the result

he didnt have an easy win he had a fight

but i'll stick with what i said in my previous post he wont make a World Champ(and i'll go on record saying he wont be as succesful as Hatton not a chance )

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NOWHERE NEAR HATTON STATUS..
    Ain't gonna happen and i say Thaxton would put him to sleep tommorrow I think some people are getting swept up in the Hype here so let's have it right..
    Khan got put on his A** by a non puncher and Bilbo mate when i reffered to Naz i meant that when he meets a proper fighter he'll get owned.
    I want Khan to do well and used to think that way myself but then took stock,saw the bigger picture and came to the conclusion that you can have all the tools in the box but you can never train a fighters jaw

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forget comparing Khan with Naz. As I and many others have said all along, Khan wont EVER IN A MILLION YEARS achieve what Naz did.

It's the way fighters handle the step up in class that determines what level they will reach.

That was a COMMONWEALTH title fight. Wille Limond is a PART TIME fighter. Khan didn't suffer a flash knockdown he was nearly sparked out. The end.

Great credit to him though for being in an exciting fight and turning it around. He showed real heart but unfortunately for his sake was properly exposed.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's kinda funny he says the criticism directed at him is unfair. After 13 fights he overhypes himself as a World champ in a year. I read an interview with him saying he feels good about lightweight, in that he can beat most of em. He said Casamayor is on the slide, Katsidis is good but couldn't handle his speed, and the future fight that would give him a test is Juan Diaz. He needs to calm the fuck down.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NOWHERE NEAR HATTON STATUS..
    Ain't gonna happen and i say Thaxton would put him to sleep tommorrow I think some people are getting swept up in the Hype here so let's have it right..
    Khan got put on his A** by a non puncher and Bilbo mate when i reffered to Naz i meant that when he meets a proper fighter he'll get owned.
    I want Khan to do well and used to think that way myself but then took stock,saw the bigger picture and came to the conclusion that you can have all the tools in the box but you can never train a fighters jaw
    I think there is actually more negative hype around Khan than positive these days. Naz didn't get owned when he met his first proper opponent he had wins over Freddy Cruz, Steve Robinson, Manuel Medina, Tom Johnson, Kevin Kelly, Wilfredo Vasquez and Wayne McCullogh all of whom were world champions.

Again it's a case of too much negative hype overshadowing a fighter's true worth.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate Barrera Was Naz first proper opponent

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I always look for is how easily a fighter breaks out of his mould and becomes sloppy and ragged. With the top P4P fighters Mayweather, Hopkins, Cotto they rarely break out of their mould and become loose and sloppy. Amir Khan breaks out of his mould too easily and lets get things right here Willie Limond is not the second coming of Roberto Duran. Olympic success is not a sure fire guarantee for success in the pro ranks.

Like Audley Harrison, Khan was exposed the first time he met someone decent. However he won but it was a lucky win in my opinion. I still think that Limond was still well in the fight at the time of stoppage. Khan has a fragile look about him,as if someone who was bigger, stronger than him would just be able to walk through him. You could see within the 1st minute that this was not going to be easy for Khan. He does not give his opponents any lateral movement. He comes straight ahead which makes a sucker for overhand rights. I think he may get a world title against one of the weaker champions but against a Katsidis or Diaz he would get destroyed. Notice that I didn't say he would get 'beat' or 'he would lose on points'...No ...no..no I said he would get DESTROYED . Maybe I'm being overly harsh in my assessment but I don't think so. I hope I am wrong but this is how I see it.

Thread Information