Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WILLIAMS IS NOT THE NEXT TOMMY HEARNS!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default WILLIAMS IS NOT THE NEXT TOMMY HEARNS!!!!!!

OK I have heard people compare Williams to Hearns...The height the reach ect.....He has a decent KO record....

I just want to make one thing clear....Last night we saw the best of Williams and I am not trying to take anything away from his victory he earned it but...

This kid is in no way shape or form anything like,,,Close to,,,or even in the same freaking State as Tommy Hearns was at that stage of his career let alone same League......

If the two met When Hearns was at 33-0 it wouild be over in 3
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Arvid_85 Guest

Default Re: WILLIAMS IS NOT THE NEXT TOMMY HEARNS!!!!!!

Willimas doesn´t have that snap in his punches like Hearns had. Funny that some folks compare him to Tommy...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Hearns you would think he can ice someone at any given point. Certainly don't see that in Willaims.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    OK I have heard people compare Williams to Hearns...The height the reach ect.....He has a decent KO record....

I just want to make one thing clear....Last night we saw the best of Williams and I am not trying to take anything away from his victory he earned it but...

This kid is in no way shape or form anything like,,,Close to,,,or even in the same freaking State as Tommy Hearns was at that stage of his career let alone same League......

Agree with you entirely. They're completely different fighters, and have completely different styles. Right now I don't see any fighter that can compare with Hearns, not even Kermit Cintron.

You gotta admit that wasn't a bad fight for Cintron.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's funny but by saying this you are comparing them. What you actually mean is that you ARE comparing them and there is no comparison because Hearns was way better but I don't even see why the two should be compared at all as they are totally disimilar fighters.

Not in the sense that one is better than the other but that their style and makeup do not remotely resemble each other. It's like making a posting saying Juan Diaz is not the next Pernell Whittaker, I mean apart from them both being short why would you even compare the two anyway as they are just totally different fighters?

Williams has more in common with Ouma and even Sam Soliman than he does Thomas Hearns.

He's an incredibly tall for the weight volume puncher something I don't think we've ever seen before in the welterweight division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

It's funny but by saying this you are comparing them. What you actually mean is that you ARE comparing them and there is no comparison because Hearns was way better but I don't even see why the two should be compared at all as they are totally disimilar fighters.

Not in the sense that one is better than the other but that their style and makeup do not remotely resemble each other. It's like making a posting saying Juan Diaz is not the next Pernell Whittaker, I mean apart from them both being short why would you even compare the two anyway as they are just totally different fighters?

Williams has more in common with Ouma and even Sam Soliman than he does Thomas Hearns.

He's an incredibly tall for the weight volume puncher something I don't think we've ever seen before in the welterweight division.

No thats not what I am saying...I never compared the two but have seen people do mit...I am just pointing it out that there is no comparison...

And your wrong Tommy is/was Better then Williams without debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris N.

Agree with you entirely. They're completely different fighters, and have completely different styles. Right now I don't see any fighter that can compare with Hearns, not even Kermit Cintron.

Agree with the comments. Williams is having a physical advantage over his opponents, which is mostly his height and reach. Hearns was also a tall boxer and that is probably why they are compared, but although Williams have a good KO record I don't see the dynamite Hearns had (ask Duran about Hearns power).

And, Cintron I think we have to start thinking seriously about him. I was wondering the effect that the fight with Margarito was going to have on him psychologically, but I saw a Cintron recovered with the desire of winning and being recognized as one of the best on the division.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was impresse3d with Cintron last night...IMO he still keeps his hands a little low...But other then that he did great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch

Agree with the comments. Williams is having a physical advantage over his opponents, which is mostly his height and reach. Hearns was also a tall boxer and that is probably why they are compared, but although Williams have a good KO record I don't see the dynamite Hearns had (ask Duran about Hearns power).

And, Cintron I think we have to start thinking seriously about him. I was wondering the effect that the fight with Margarito was going to have on him psychologically, but I saw a Cintron recovered with the desire of winning and being recognized as one of the best on the division.

Agree Cintron made business in the 147 pound division pick up last night BIG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree to kind of disagree.

Williams is not the next Hearns...but we didn't see the best of Williams last night...we saw some greatness...but that wasn't his best.

He has a lot of similarities to a young Hearns...he really does...but he's not the next Hearns.

What really kills me about Paul Williams is his amateur career...he aint fwockin got one! The kid's doing great for what he is & where he's at. I like Williams...I think he's great for the division...but there are fighters out there that will put a fucking hurtin on him.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can you determine how quickly it would be over? Williams hasn't been hurt so its impossible to know whether he could take Hearns' punches or not. Also He's a better inside fighter than Hearns, and I think he has enough power to possibly ko Hearns. He has better stamina, pace, and chin. They definitely are not similar fighters, and Hearns is definitely the better boxer and puncher, but Hearns especially at welterweight didn't the physical strength to match his punch. I personally believe Hearns would out box him, and potentialy KO him later with a counter right cross, but I could also see Williams giving Hearns the same troubles Leonard did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although tommy was a more devastating puncher he had glass chin like most power punchers nd although williams dont hit as hard he has a better chin so he would have a had chnce of getting to hearns b4 hearns got to him but then again they r the same size so it would have been intresting to c how williams would have dealt with that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i had to compare anyone to hearns it would be citron after last nights...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns and Williams are only compared because of their physical similarities but they are no where near each other in styles. Williams and Hearns have only one thing (styles-wise) in common, both never really use(d) their reach advantage as well as they could. Williams has less power than Hearns by a very,very long way, but then again who has. I feel for Williams, just because HE ISN'T AS GOOD as Hearns doesn't mean he isn't very talented. Last night wasn't the best of Williams. I can see him being a real force in the WW division for many years to come. Williams vs. Cotto on the Mosley vs. Mayweather undercard (or as a co-main event) is my dream now. Last night, 'The Punisher' impressed me. As for Kermit Cintron he is nowhere near Hearns either. Tommy was a freak of nature so it's difficult (if not impossible) to find some one similar to him in style and physical appearence. If William vs. Hearns was to happn I think 'The Hitman; would win by a K.O in the 9th or 10th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

like many of you have said, if anything, Cintron is a closer comparison to Hearns than is Williams. But lets see them both go out there and make a name for themselves, how about Cintron-Williams?

Thread Information