Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contender.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contende

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    If you think Mosley will fight Williams,you are dreaming. Golden Boy would not put SSM with him,trust me. Arum already said after the fight that he does not want Cotto fighting PW. He didn't think PW won,there is a link somewhere if you'd like me to find it. That leaves Cintron,Margarito and Clottey.

I'd just like to add that Lampley is an idiot. After every round his analysis would be PW throws over 100 punches yet if you look at punch stats,they land near enough simlar % with Margarito certainly landing the harder shots. The scoring for this fight reminds me of Ponce V Penelosa. Ponce threw hundreds of punches every round but never once hurt Gerry. Gerry landed and threw less but made much more of an impact.

I've altered my opinion having seen the fight numerous times,I want to see a rematch. If Margarito can go to court against his own promotional company to get the fight with PW,I'm sure PW can return the favour.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!! I forget about that court thing. I knew it was a big deal for Tony. But yeah.... the court!

P-Will better return the favor. It was a competitive fight, even if The Punisher won.
    Margarito's small comments are NOTHING compared to the disrespect Williams will show if he doesn't want a rematch... that's what I think at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito... before you forget, he's still a VERY dangerous contende

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    He is not done. He has a couple of years left. He is still a threat and we all seen that against Cintron. Kermit said that was a fluke? Let him prove it and demand a rematch. I would. Styles make fights you all know the drill. Paul Williams will be tough to beat. I have a feeling Pual Williams will be avoided like Tony was avoived. I guess Paul not only took Tony's belt, he also took the torch as the man people will be avoiding in the future. This division is full of danger. I love it! I am dying to see Cotto Williams. Make it happen.
    Williams won't be ducked, I can tell you that..... that's just my opinion on that. He won't be ducked, just look at all the hoopla he's caused already. He earned it all, but it gets to me he earned it off a fighter who's earned it for years but never got his shot at a name opponent.
    yea i agree with that,

it is not a Winky situation who had to go round the world as he was an unknown who never hit the limelight , Williams is young and now pretty famous in boxing now thanks to Margarito , I reckon there is no way he could be ducked.
    Hell, I'm not a fan of him, but I want to see him with anybody in the top 5 at 147!

Thread Information